Brownwood vs Iowa Park/LIONS WIN 88-24!!!!!

rykerx144

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="905374" timestamp="1289585282"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=75938.msg904934#msg904934 date=1289534808]
7th TD pass by Brown

81-24

7mins left
[/quote]

7 minutes left in game, up by 50, 74-24, and Brownwood is still passing the ball? With their starting QB!!

That tells me all I need to know about that coaching staff. ::)
[/quote]

You got that right Aggie.. :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=navy][b]I know I might ruffle some feathers but c'mon man...is it really necessary to put up that many points just because you can? It's classless and is no better than the idiot coach at Yates (basketball) running up the scores last year on seriously under manned teams. I simply dont get it! I'll tell you what Brownwood better be able to bring it like that all playoff season long and we all know that isn't gonna happen!?!?[/b][/color]

I understand his concerns and complaints.  If IP was indeed playing dirty and taking cheap shots then they are wrong and the responsibility and blame needs to be put soley on the coaches shoulder.  He is the single one to blame for allowing a bunch of kids to act like that.  Its the coachs responsibility to make sure these kids go out and play by the rules, to do the right thing! I think that a large part of football should be teaching morales and responsibility!  The message that coach is sending his players is wrong!  In my opinion he is not the only one with blame here though!  It is common practice in football not to take advantage of a weaker opponent.  You dont run the score up on a weaker team just because you can!  The responsible thing to do is to show respect.  There are several officials on the field for each of these games to makes sure we play by the rules and if they dont let them handle it.  If there were players being ejected and flags being thrown then it sounds like they were doing their job.  When you sick your players on the weaker team and intentionally run the score up just because you feel like they were not doing the right thing sends just as bad a message to players.  To say that it is okay for you to humilate them just because they did something that you dont agree with and just because you CAN is wrong! Just as wrong as the cheap shot! Just as wrong as a few late hits! I am sure Bob Shipley is good coach and a good person but this was a terrible choice!  I would hope that this was a bad decision by a good Coach and not a reflection of what he is about or believes in.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="905340" timestamp="1289582779"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=75938.msg904911#msg904911 date=1289534071]
i dont think kirbyville has a chance against these guys
[/quote] Why because they scored 88 points on their opponent? Get real man!! We could have done that all year long, but instead Coach Alvarez put in our JV players. [u][b]Brownwood haven't played a physical team yet and thats real![/b][/u]
[/quote]

Exactly, that haven't played anyone "that's real"....Who is Stephenville compared to Kirbyville?  I guess Abilene Wylie is a nobody as well. 

[quote name="stevieray" post="905567" timestamp="1289599563"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=75938.msg905340#msg905340 date=1289582779]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=75938.msg904911#msg904911 date=1289534071]
[/quote] Why because they scored 88 points on their opponent? Get real man!! We could have done that all year long, but instead Coach Alvarez put in our JV players. [u][b]Brownwood haven't played a physical team yet and thats real![/b][/u]
[/quote]

Exactly, that haven't played anyone "that's real"....Who is Stephenville compared to Kirbyville?  I guess Abilene Wylie is a nobody as well. 

[/quote]wylie beat Burk last night

[quote name="stevieray" post="905567" timestamp="1289599563"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=75938.msg905340#msg905340 date=1289582779]
[/quote]

[/quote] Man stop living in the past! I watched Stephenville on youtube this year against Brownwood and they didnt impress me at ALL!!!! There is no doubt this year Kirbyville would spank them if they played.

[quote name="stevieray" post="905648" timestamp="1289605859"]
Think before you speak.....Not living in the past, trust me! 

[/quote]Stephenville didnt look impressive to me this year thats all im saying man. I'm not fixing to argue with you. Lets just see what happens from here on out with my Wildcats.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124