Bevil to Slot

[u]Changing captains[/u]
The previous captains were quarterback Andre Bevil, wide receiver J.J. Hayes, defensive end Jacody Coleman and linebacker Johnathan Ekpe, all juniors. Last week's captains were Prewitt, center Kyle Gillam, defensive back Branden Thomas and defensive end Jesse Dickson. All are freshmen.

"You've got to lead by example," Woodard said. "You can't be saying you're going to be on time if you're late. You can't be saying, 'Hustle,' if you're the one dogging. You can't be saying, 'Have a great attitude,' if your attitude is poor."

booyah

[quote name="puddin tane" post="903080" timestamp="1289367428"]
[u]Changing captains[/u]
The previous captains were quarterback Andre Bevil, wide receiver J.J. Hayes, defensive end Jacody Coleman and linebacker Johnathan Ekpe, all juniors. Last week's captains were Prewitt, center Kyle Gillam, defensive back Branden Thomas and defensive end Jesse Dickson. All are freshmen.

"You've got to lead by example," Woodard said. "You can't be saying you're going to be on time if you're late. You can't be saying, 'Hustle,' if you're the one dogging. You can't be saying, 'Have a great attitude,' if your attitude is poor."

booyah
[/quote]

I think that says it all right there!!!!!!!!

[quote name="DP#1FAN" post="903122" timestamp="1289393979"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=75813.msg903080#msg903080 date=1289367428]
[u]Changing captains[/u]

booyah
[/quote]

I think that says it all right there!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

DP, I agree with your comment.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="903080" timestamp="1289367428"]
[u]Changing captains[/u]

booyah
[/quote]

Wow, that's gotta be an ego knock to Hayes, Bevil, Coleman, and Ekpe.

But these are our star players!!! lol  I just have to believe Woodard has seen this act before from Bevil.  Remember when you take over another schools problems (tranfers) you run this risk.  Lets go get some freshman athletes take our lumps and be good in 2 years.
A quick fix is not the answer for LU.  I do not care where the athletes come from as I cannot remember the last time LU signed a big time player from the GT.  Lets hope we start getting something better than we have now.

[quote name="hipster" post="903406" timestamp="1289414296"]
But these are our star players!!! lol  I just have to believe Woodard has seen this act before from Bevil.  Remember when you take over another schools problems (tranfers) you run this risk.  Lets go get some freshman athletes take our lumps and be good in 2 years.
A quick fix is not the answer for LU.  I do not care where the athletes come from as I cannot remember the last time LU signed a big time player from the GT.  Lets hope we start getting something better than we have now.
[/quote]

I have no problem with the juco's Woodard recruited because most of them played for him at Navarro. Plus, he was a juco head coach so he had a lot of contacts with other juco coaches.

I don't know about this season but in the future I'm sure he will want to recruit more heavily on prep players.

As for as Bevil, he has never been in any problems off the field while in HS at WO-S, Navarro or here the pass two years. You might not like how he acts during a game but that is a maturity problem he and Coach Woodard need to address.

Am I ready to see Doug Prewitt at QB Saturday? Heck yes, as Andre has 20 TO's with 14 interceptions and 6 fumbles in 7 1/2 games. 

I remember Bevil throwing a lot of interceptions during the scrimmages and I thought Bevil was just rusty from not playing for a year. But now that the season is almost over it's probably safe to assume that this problem will not fix itself.  I doubt we'll see Bevil back as starting quarterback next year unless he makes some big changes over the offseason.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="909965" timestamp="1289858324"]
I just hope its still an open competition. If JJ does come I hope he isn't handed the job because of how highly rivals may rank him.
[/quote]

It seems that maybe Bevil was handed the job because of his age (experience) and connections with Woodard. I'm sure Prewitt will only get better, and since Johnson probably won't be working out with a football team in the spring, it may set him back a little bit.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="910072" timestamp="1289863540"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=75813.msg909965#msg909965 date=1289858324]
I just hope its still an open competition. If JJ does come I hope he isn't handed the job because of how highly rivals may rank him.
[/quote]

It seems that maybe Bevil was handed the job because of his age (experience) and connections with Woodard. I'm sure Prewitt will only get better, and since Johnson probably won't be working out with a football team in the spring, it may set him back a little bit.
[/quote]

If JJ gets a release from his LOI he can change schools at the Christmas and New Year break and be in school and work out with the team during spring drills and the spring game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami