Most Overacheived Team in SETX

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="902560" timestamp="1289326620"]
Vidor....  Some people had them going winless this year.  Instead, they almost made the playoffs.
[/quote]

Agreed,  We had alot of talent.  Just young.  I have to give credit to the teams we played in predistrict.  Texas High was big and fast.  WOS nuff said there, speed, speed, and more speed.  Did I mention speed?  And of coarse Kirbyville,  Not much you can say bad about the talent at Kville.  They are for real.  Maybe their PAT game.  But they didnt need it much when they played us. ;D  These teams really helped us prepare a young team and we where in most every ball game in 20-4a to the 4th quarter. 

Guest ECBucFan
I posted the following in another thread after week 10...

[i]Funny how no one picked EC to win this district. I looked back at the Examiner football magazine and all 11 of the media people involved in the "Good as Gold" picks on pg. 10 had Newton first. Additionally, most folks on this board had the "Newton vs. Anahuac" game as deciding the district. EC was picked a distant 3rd, or not making the playoffs at all. I guess somehow an undisputed, undefeated district championship in '09, plus a 15 consecutive year playoff streak was somehow discounted by most everyone.

Nobody told them Bucs, though....EC emerges #1! [/i]

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="902577" timestamp="1289327846"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=75789.msg902560#msg902560 date=1289326620]
Vidor....  Some people had them going winless this year.  Instead, they almost made the playoffs.
[/quote]

Agreed,  We had alot of talent.  Just young.  I have to give credit to the teams we played in predistrict.  Texas High was big and fast.  WOS nuff said there, speed, speed, and more speed.  Did I mention speed?  And of coarse Kirbyville,  Not much you can say bad about the talent at Kville.  They are for real.  Maybe their PAT game.  But they didnt need it much when they played us. ;D  These teams really helped us prepare a young team and we where in most every ball game in 20-4a to the 4th quarter. 
[/quote]

Ahhhhh I remember it well..All they needed was that little spark I told you about... ;) Great Season

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="902632" timestamp="1289331987"]

[i]Funny how no one picked EC to win this district. I looked back at the Examiner football magazine and all 11 of the media people involved in the "Good as Gold" picks on pg. 10 had Newton first. Additionally, most folks on this board had the "Newton vs. Anahuac" game as deciding the district. EC was picked a distant 3rd, or not making the playoffs at all. I guess somehow an undisputed, undefeated district championship in '09, plus a 15 consecutive year playoff streak was somehow discounted by most everyone.

[/quote]

This is not an overachievement by any means BucFan and don't forget that this year yall are sharing the crown.  Now, enjoy your bye and come support the best team in 10AA as they play Jefferson in Diboll this Friday!   8)     I can promise you there will be NO LUCKY PASS PLAY in this game...  ;)

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="902659" timestamp="1289333615"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=75789.msg902632#msg902632 date=1289331987]

[/quote]

This is not an overachievement by any means BucFan and don't forget that this year yall are sharing the crown.  Now, enjoy your bye and come support the best team in 10AA as they play Jefferson in Diboll this Friday!   8)      I can promise you there will be NO LUCKY PASS PLAY in this game...  ;)
[/quote]

Yeah. East chambers may of won district. Or however it played out but not underrated. Got BlAsTeD by the coogs

[quote name="justsaying" post="902664" timestamp="1289334059"]
How about any blocked PAT's Anafanatic?  I seem to remember one of those last year... 
[/quote]

Yeah...there's no doubt they have our number and honestly I'd rather it be EC than anyone else, but I truly think we have a better squad, we just haven't been better when we've played the Bucs.  I'm a fan of EC and wish them the best in the playoffs!

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="902659" timestamp="1289333615"]

[/quote]

This is not an overachievement by any means BucFan and don't forget that this year yall are sharing the crown.  Now, enjoy your bye and come support the best team in 10AA as they play Jefferson in Diboll this Friday!   8)      I can promise you there will be NO LUCKY PASS PLAY in this game...  ;)
[/quote] Call it skill, guts or just goodold luck, but no matter how you look at it EC has beat Ana. the last 2 years.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="902718" timestamp="1289338531"]
No doubt Orangefield. Picked to come in next to last. Finished 7-3, 3-2 in district tied for 2nd if you go by records.
[/quote]

Yes, this would be an example of an overachiever as I had them predicted to finish no better than 3-7!

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="badndn" post="902742" timestamp="1289340784"]
OF No Doubt.

Nederland a close second with all the issues they had this year, to get back in!
[/quote]

I agree Nederland should be mentioned also.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="902560" timestamp="1289326620"]
[/quote]
I have to agree , I was one who had written them off. I thought their best chance was last year with the team full of seniors. I was wrong, they put a good team on the field. I was glad to see it. I have always liked Matthews , he is a class dude.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="ECBucFan" post="902878" timestamp="1289352745"]
[size=16pt]...EC emerges #1![/size]
[/quote]

;D
[/quote]

Bucfan EC does good every year but I agree they surprised the district this year. Wish you guys the best in the playoffs.

[quote name="FootballFan96" post="902989" timestamp="1289358641"]
[/quote]

howd they almost make the playoffs?

wasn't their record 2-8?
[/quote]

They were in the playoff hunt till the last week or 2.  BTW, some 2-8 teams make the playoffs.

[quote name="FootballFan96" post="902989" timestamp="1289358641"]
[/quote]

howd they almost make the playoffs?

wasn't their record 2-8?
[/quote]

Orangefield should be considered.  They were 3 pionts away from a tie breaker from making the playoffs only to have to sit at home and watch the team they beat,  back into the playoffs.  Who would that be?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin