West Hardin Oilers.....thoughts

oiler#3

I have not seen the new district yet but i believe that they will come in just short of the playoffs and come in 4th place. they have the talent of a playoff team with a great young coach but it will take a few years for coach henry to really turn things around. but i also think that with the talent they have and a good coach they may upset one of the top teams in the district.

[quote name="D WADE" post="901137" timestamp="1289181693"]
I have not seen the new district yet but i believe that they will come in just short of the playoffs and come in 4th place. they have the talent of a playoff team with a great young coach but it will take a few years for coach henry to really turn things around. but i also think that with the talent they have and a good coach they may upset one of the top teams in the district.
[/quote]

Is Jason Henry the head basketball coach as well as football?

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="901575" timestamp="1289230707"]
[quote author=D WADE link=topic=75729.msg901137#msg901137 date=1289181693]
[/quote]

Is Jason Henry the head basketball coach as well as football?
[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="902388" timestamp="1289314036"]
[quote author=Head Coach link=topic=75729.msg902291#msg902291 date=1289276861]
Oilers and HD will be competing for fourth
SP and Big Sandy competing for second
Evadale rolling through like football
[/quote] Evadale rolling through if they beat BS @ BS they will. ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
I forgot about that place  ;D

[quote name="apiolar" post="902849" timestamp="1289351867"]
[quote author=Head Coach link=topic=75729.msg902291#msg902291 date=1289276861]
Oilers and HD will be competing for fourth
SP and Big Sandy competing for second
Evadale rolling through like football
[/quote]

getting a little ahead of yourself dont you think?
;)
[/quote]
Ill eat the bird when i see it ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="apiolar" post="903138" timestamp="1289395793"]
this could be the rebels year
they got 2 big men (stark and tuck)
and murphy can shoot the 3 ball from anywhere on the floor
[/quote] Evadale has 3 bigs this year Stark is 6'3'' 225lbs Tuck is 6'2" 235lbs and Dunigan 6'7'' 195lbs They should take ever rebound and should make it hard for any team to have a inside game.

from what i have heard they did pretty good in thier scrimmage against warren i dont know what kind of team warren has but they usually have a pretty sound  team so i guess right now its baby steps for west hardin as they try to build thier basketball program under Henry to a solid ball club year in and year out hopefully they can wiggle thier way into the playoffs

[quote name="D WADE" post="909455" timestamp="1289799287"]
from what i have heard they did pretty good in thier scrimmage against warren i dont know what kind of team warren has but they usually have a pretty sound  team so i guess right now its baby steps for west hardin as they try to build thier basketball program under Henry to a solid ball club year in and year out hopefully they can wiggle thier way into the playoffs
[/quote]

West Hardin did look good and it looks like everyone is playing team ball.  However, it was only a scrimmage.  We'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks. 

I'm really happy with what I saw Friday night.  They reset the score at the beginning of each quarter, but West Hardin put up a 20-0 score in the 3rd.

I don't know if Warren has picked up any upper classman since the summer but all they had this summer were freshman and sophs.If they don't pick up some upper classman they will struggle early.May not be a real good gauge of what kinda club West Hardin will have.One thing I know, Coach Henry will get all they have to offer.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami