#2 Brenham vs Kingwood Park... Predictions

[quote name="dayton" post="901421" timestamp="1289192544"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=75679.msg901413#msg901413 date=1289191923]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=75679.msg901150#msg901150 date=1289182258]
This is my upset of the week KP by 7 ;D PLEASE.............PLEASE...............PLEASE........ :D
[/quote]

Hey some guy from Pearland Dawson said the same thing on some other site, but he was dead serious.  Lol.
[/quote]

I saw that... he said KP was explosive. That guy's a tard... always running his gap.
[/quote]

Ya, you know the one.  Lol.  He's a character, that's for sure.  Not sure if he's disreguarding 9 and a half games and just going by the first half of the Stratford game or what.  As for his assessment of Kingwood Park...  I just watched them myself Saturday.  I respect the 7-3 record and they did show that they can score and can score quick.  Of course it was against a weak 3-win New Caney team, and the final score was 51-0, but New Caney looked like they gave up in the second half.  (New Caney- with no chance to make the playoffs made that scenario believable) The 2 teams were scoreless through the first quarter and it was 9-0 at the half. (the safety was on a snap that went over the punters head) That means they put up alot of points in the second half, but do they really want to get in a second half slugfest with Brenham.  I wouldn't think so.  Brenham makes second half comebacks against teams along the caliber of Angleton, Dayton, Tivy and Stratford.  That's a little different than doing it in a 9-0 game that your already winning, against New Caney.  Explosive perhaps, but not explosive enough to play with Brenham.  I can't wait to get the playoffs going.  Good luck everybody!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="901556" timestamp="1289229050"]
Unless Kingwood park has improved dramatically in a year, I don't see them being able to compete with Brenham. The best thing they going for them last year was a punter that could flat kick the s#%@ out of the ball! That kid was amazing.
[/quote]

Their QB is pretty good, and their RB is legit. 

Their biggest weakness is they are inconsistant, and their defensie scheme is more geared for a defense you'd see a team with a load of athletes run.  To slow to be running the 3-4/3-3 stack.

if Brenhams offense is legit, they will be up by 21 by halftime.  If they struggle, they will be up by 10-14 by halftime...and their defense will blow it open for them in the 2nd half.

Humble's QB was sick, and offense sputtered...and we still beat them 31-3.

School Name Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT1 OT2 Final
Kingwood Park 14.0 9.7 8.7 6.4 7.0 .0 38.5
Brenham 11.9 12.5 7.1 8.1 - - 39.6

This was on maxpreps.com

It also has all the total rushing yards, passing yards, etc.... for each team...

[quote name="octfeb" post="904075" timestamp="1289486804"]

This was on maxpreps.com

It also has all the total rushing yards, passing yards, etc.... for each team...

[/quote]

That's why I laugh at maxpreps & massey...  Both are wrong, more than they are right...  ::) :D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="904079" timestamp="1289487313"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=75679.msg904075#msg904075 date=1289486804]

This was on maxpreps.com

[/quote] ok so who has the accurate  #'s The Old Coach?  ::) ;)

That's why I laugh at maxpreps & massey...  Both are wrong, more than they are right...   ::) :D
[/quote]

[quote name="octfeb" post="904092" timestamp="1289488360"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=75679.msg904079#msg904079 date=1289487313]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=75679.msg904075#msg904075 date=1289486804]

This was on maxpreps.com

[/quote] ok so who has the accurate  #'s The Old Coach?  ::) ;)

That's why I laugh at maxpreps & massey...  Both are wrong, more than they are right...   ::) :D
[/quote]
[/quote]

They are alot more accurate than either one of those.  So is DCTF.  Example- (Everybody dogged on the old old coach about ranking Westbrook #48, but so far it looks like they were more accurate than everybody else)

Brenham 45
Kingwood Park 10

Easy one for BREN. BREN 42 / KP 17

Bren-42
Kp-0

35-17 Ice Cream boys...

Brenham 45
Kingwood Park 10

Brenham got a scare thurs vs.Stratford so the Cubs will roll KWP pretty bad 48-7

IMO, Brenham is the team to beat. They will win this round easily

BRENHAM wins round 1 by 30

CUBBIES BY A LOAD

Now that's funny

Hey some guy from Pearland Dawson said the same thing on some other site, but he was dead serious.  Lol.

KP 55    Brenham 10  ...................................easy game for  KP......................NOT          reverse that score.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GOOD CALLS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :) ENOUGH SAID.

[quote name="kparkfan21" post="907903" timestamp="1289700323"]
Brenham 45
Kingwood Park 10

Bren-42
Kp-0

35-17 Ice Cream boys...

Brenham 45
Kingwood Park 10

Brenham got a scare thurs vs.Stratford so the Cubs will roll KWP pretty bad 48-7

CUBBIES BY A LOAD

Now that's funny

KP 55    Brenham 10  ...................................easy game for  KP......................NOT          reverse that score.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[/quote]

Lets not get cocky Kparkfan. 

You may very well be playing next week, hell maybe a couple of weeks....But don't forget what it feels like to be on the opposite side of the scoreboard.  Kpark is a salty group, but they are far from being at the level to talk smack.

Enjoy the ride, it could end as quickly as it began.

[quote name="HUM398" post="907912" timestamp="1289700951"]
[quote author=kparkfan21 link=topic=75679.msg907903#msg907903 date=1289700323]
Brenham 45
Kingwood Park 10

Bren-42
Kp-0

35-17 Ice Cream boys...

Brenham 45
Kingwood Park 10

CUBBIES BY A LOAD

Now that's funny

[/quote]

You may very well be playing next week, heck maybe a couple of weeks....But don't forget what it feels like to be on the opposite side of the scoreboard.  Kpark is a salty group, but they are far from being at the level to talk smack.

[/quote]

True, true. But to be honest, it feels good to talk smack for once back after having no one give you a chance. And yes, it was obviously the perfect storm today for KP, with many costly turnovers for Brenham.

[quote name="kparkfan21" post="907937" timestamp="1289701648"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=75679.msg907912#msg907912 date=1289700951]
Brenham 45
Kingwood Park 10

Bren-42
Kp-0

35-17 Ice Cream boys...

Brenham 45
Kingwood Park 10

CUBBIES BY A LOAD

Now that's funny

[/quote]

You may very well be playing next week, heck maybe a couple of weeks....But don't forget what it feels like to be on the opposite side of the scoreboard.  Kpark is a salty group, but they are far from being at the level to talk smack.

[/quote]

True, true. But to be honest, it feels good to talk smack for once back after having no one give you a chance. And yes, it was obviously the perfect storm today for KP, with many costly turnovers for Brenham.
[/quote]

I know how it feels bro...and Humble is a team that has been around for a while and gotten its fair share of upsets and being upset.  IMHO, no one is ever really in the position to talk a whole lot of smack.  Understandably to no one gave Kpark any sort of respect, but so goes football.  When you ball club loses games it should win, and get dominated by teams it should lose to...its kind of hard to give them a chance.

Kpark will be fine....just take it one game at a time.  Being successful in the playoffs is execution, some talent, and a whole lot of luck.

[quote name="HUM398" post="907912" timestamp="1289700951"]
Brenham 45
Kingwood Park 10

Bren-42
Kp-0

35-17 Ice Cream boys...

Brenham 45
Kingwood Park 10

CUBBIES BY A LOAD

Now that's funny

[/quote]

[/quote]

I say let them talk a little smack!  They've earned it tonight.  KNocking off Brenham is quite q feat, and they are to be applauded for that.  Let them enjoy their spoils for a time.  Anyone who beats the Cubbies can beat their chest, in my book.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="908231" timestamp="1289706844"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=75679.msg907912#msg907912 date=1289700951]
Brenham 45
Kingwood Park 10

Bren-42
Kp-0

35-17 Ice Cream boys...

Brenham 45
Kingwood Park 10

CUBBIES BY A LOAD

Now that's funny

[/quote]

[/quote]

I say let them talk a little smack!  They've earned it tonight.  KNocking off Brenham is quite q feat, and they are to be applauded for that.  Let them enjoy their spoils for a time.  Anyone who beats the Cubbies can beat their chest, in my book.
[/quote]
;D

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="908231" timestamp="1289706844"]

[/quote]

I suppose.

Just know from personal experience, that it is better to be humble then humbled.

[quote name="rollinac" post="908249" timestamp="1289707415"]
heck yeah...KP has earned the right to talk a whole lotta smack.  Beating the #2 team in state in your 1st playoff game and your 3rd or 4th year of varsity football aint a bad way to start.  It's all in fun you know.
[/quote]

Considering that they are in their first playoff run...i understand the excitement. 

as you were.

[quote name="rollinac" post="908249" timestamp="1289707415"]
heck yeah...KP has earned the right to talk a whole lotta smack.  Beating the #2 team in state in your 1st playoff game and your 3rd or 4th year of varsity football aint a bad way to start.  It's all in fun you know.
[/quote]

I agree....let KP beat their chest! They've definitely EARNED this right!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="901551" timestamp="1289228731"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=75679.msg901421#msg901421 date=1289192544]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=75679.msg901413#msg901413 date=1289191923]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=75679.msg901150#msg901150 date=1289182258]
This is my upset of the week KP by 7 ;D PLEASE.............PLEASE...............PLEASE........ :D
[/quote]

[/quote]

I saw that... he said KP was explosive. That guy's a tard... always running his gap.
[/quote]

Ya, you know the one.  Lol.  He's a character, that's for sure.  Not sure if he's disreguarding 9 and a half games and just going by the first half of the Stratford game or what.  As for his assessment of Kingwood Park...  I just watched them myself Saturday.  I respect the 7-3 record and they did show that they can score and can score quick.  Of course it was against a weak 3-win New Caney team, and the final score was 51-0, but New Caney looked like they gave up in the second half.  (New Caney- with no chance to make the playoffs made that scenario believable) The 2 teams were scoreless through the first quarter and it was 9-0 at the half. (the safety was on a snap that went over the punters head) That means they put up alot of points in the second half, but do they really want to get in a second half slugfest with Brenham.  I wouldn't think so.  Brenham makes second half comebacks against teams along the caliber of Angleton, Dayton, Tivy and Stratford.  That's a little different than doing it in a 9-0 game that your already winning, against New Caney.  Explosive perhaps, but not explosive enough to play with Brenham.  I can't wait to get the playoffs going.  Good luck everybody!
[/quote]
;D ;D ;D ;D Of course, BrenhamFan posted all this before he knew the refs where gonna screw him out of 20 seconds and that whole 20 seconds cost them the game. What an excuse. I wonder how Brenham fan would have liked to have been sung to after feeling this heart breaking loss? Taunting the losing team and fans ain't as fun when you are the losing team, is it? You know what they say about karma. Man, I have a song stuck in my head that I can't get out. Congrats Kingwood Park! You deserve to talk a little and enjoy your team's incredible, hard fought win. Of course, Brenham fans would NEVER talk any trash. ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami