Brenham vs. Houston Stratford Game Thread/CUBS HANG ON TO WIN!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="Broncofan65" post="897034" timestamp="1288925368"]
Brenham better play better than that against the Broncos.. :o
[/quote]

Took the words out of my mouth

[quote name="ricko" post="897049" timestamp="1288925772"]
Good job by the Cubs, but that won't hold up against better teams.  The Cubs have to get started earlier, this was the first time they went the first half without points.
[/quote]

Stratford's not that bad of a team. They did win 5 straight coming into the game. They should make some noise in the playoffs. 

I still can't figure out why Stratford kept trying to run up the middle. Several drives stalled because they insisted on hammering straight ahead. All their success was running outside or passing the ball. Stratford's Oline was big and stout but Malcom Brown did a great job plugging up the middle.

Stratfords secondary is for real. I won't say they shut down Brenham's passing game, but they definitely slowed it way down. But they had no answer for Troy Green. That was the difference in this game. I think Stratford stopped Brenham on 1 3rd and short in the first half. But that was it. Great job by Brenhams offensive line tonight.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="897094" timestamp="1288930231"]
It was a great game against a Stratford team that definitely came to play tonight.  It was good to meet some of the guys from the board out there.
[/quote]

It was a pleasure guys.  Wish we could have played the whole game like we did the 4th quarter, but you know us.  I was impressed with Stratford.  They were on a mission and came up just short.  Maybe this will be a wake up call for us, like the Waller game was last year.  Good luck to everybody tomorrow!  Guys, we'll have to do this again.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="897111" timestamp="1288931857"]
I still can't figure out why Stratford kept trying to run up the middle. Several drives stalled because they insisted on hammering straight ahead. All their success was running outside or passing the ball. Stratford's Oline was big and stout but Malcom Brown did a great job plugging up the middle.

Stratfords secondary is for real. I won't say they shut down Brenham's passing game, but they definitely slowed it way down. But they had no answer for Troy Green. That was the difference in this game. I think Stratford stopped Brenham on 1 3rd and short in the first half. But that was it. Great job by Brenhams offensive line tonight.
[/quote]

They couldn't run the ball left or up the middle.  They did have quite a bit of success running right.  Brenham plays some aggressive defense and Stratford used that against them on the big screen pass early and the last drive.

WOS Grad,EC buc fan,Rollinac,RCole,Brenhamfan & I all sat together to see a great ballgame and I'll say this both teams played well and Stratford had there matchup in the endzone w/their tallest good wr w/some great catches tonight but the last pass for the win was underthrown and Brenham got the pic and the win.Early on I thought the Spartans couldn't match speed w/Brenham skill players.Brenham will face faster teams from now on.Malcolm Brown stops everything in the middle and Lawd Derek Edwards must have leaped 15 feet to grab a key reception.Thanks guys you were great company ;)

Would somebody please send some help to whoever Proof Reads the game summaries before printing?Geez Chron folks I know you're all homers but can somebody ADD.Oh yeah you got Brenham w/20 1st dwns and the joke is on you(43 rushes =25 yards but then you list leading rusher T.Green w 32=157 Sch w/107 yds passing ::)

[quote name="liltex" post="897153" timestamp="1288957102"]
Would somebody please send some help to whoever Proof Reads the game summaries before printing?Geez Chron folks I know you're all homers but can somebody ADD.Oh yeah you got Brenham w/20 1st dwns and the joke is on you(43 rushes =25 yards but then you list leading rusher T.Green w 32=157 Sch w/107 yds passing ::)
[/quote]

The chronicle seems to discount everything we do until we are in the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs. (You know, when most, if not all of their precious HISD schools are at home already.)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder