EastexSports.com

HubTx

Well, Jereme, I can understand where you are coming from.  Only a few years ago I was running a website/message board that wasn't growing and it was extremely frustrating.  I ultimately made the decision which you are contemplating now as it has to be fun to do and..yes...seeing that other people are taking the time to view you effort is part of the fun.  If it is truly not fun for you, there the burn out will grow.  

However, before making such a final decision, might I suggest a scaling back of the site.  The area that you endeavor to cover right now at EastexSports.com is massive.  It probably covers, by my estimate, about 3 times what we cover at SETXsports.com...and as I told Joey earlier today, it is a battle to do a decent job with the 56 some odd teams we have in SETXsports.com.  I know that you have tried to go by the "definition" of East Texas which goes from basically Kirbyville up to Texarkana.  But SETXsports.com is an example that you can have a successful website by defining your own area and not going by the typical definitions.  I mean, SETXsports.com doesn't cover ALL of Southeast Texas...in fact it has done well with only limited participation (albeit growing) from the Greater Houston area.  

You may want to try that with EastexSports.com.  Pick out a smaller area to concentrate on and it may make the efforts seem more worth while and will allow those efforts to be a bit more efficient in growing EastexSports.com..

[quote name="HubTx" post="895577" timestamp="1288803607"]
I agree, the area is HUGE... What do you suggest in terms of an area?

I think that would make us more successful as well...

Good idea...
[/quote]

Well, I don't know that any of us would be qualified to go into that and you may want to consult those guys up there who may give you a better idea.  

But if I were doing it, Hwy 190 would be my southern boundary, I-20 would serve at my Northern Boundary and a line just east of Huntsville (or include Huntsville) going due north and south would serve as my Western border.  That still leaves quite a large area, but cuts down the coverage to teams in 18 districts. That still also leaves you Lufkin, Nacogdoches and Tyler to work on with regard to some media partnership.

Well, the problem is, there are no "guys" up here lol....

I was thinking earlier that maybe Jacksonville is my northern point... and go as far west as Huntsville... I just have to look at a map... If I cut out everything north of Jacksonville it helps TREMENDOUSLY....

[quote name="HubTx" post="895699" timestamp="1288813433"]
Well, the problem is, there are no "guys" up here lol....

I was thinking earlier that maybe Jacksonville is my northern point... and go as far west as Huntsville... I just have to look at a map... If I cut out everything north of Jacksonville it helps TREMENDOUSLY....
[/quote]

I could see that being a feasible northern border.

I still think...as I have before, deep east texas coverage area would work. Especially now with the reltionship we have with KTXJ which is strong that way, and some pending relationships with a station in livingston...It will never be as big as SETXsports, but it could be successful like maybe the size of a 3adownlow....Deep East Texas is Jasper/Woodville/Newton...north to probably Rusk...Livingston/Hemphill/San Augustine/Nac/Center...etc...the pineywoods basically...weve got some things going for us now that we didnt then...also have west sabine football and other sports too that could be housed from there....just something to think about...

We don't need to give up the ship just yet.

Jereme, I know I told you that I would get over there and help but I haven't due to some personal issues. I apologize for that.

I will get over there for the playoff run and I know I will help out when basketball kicks off. The site does pretty well during basketball season.

As for baseball and softball, we will need lot's of help there.

OK here is what I have that I think is the most solid... It goes farther north than maybe I wanted, but it gives us clear lines....

Corsicana East to Tyler on 31, then from Tyler to Louisana on 20

Corsicana South to Huntsville on I-45, then east from Huntsville on 190 to Jasper and then Jasper to the border on 63

I think it gives us a clear border and it cuts down our area almost in half.... Would be a HUGE break for me...

5A:
Lufkin
Tyler Lee

4A:
Corsicana
Huntsville
Livingston
Kilgore
John Tyler
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Henderson
Nacogdoches

3A:
Fairfield
Madisonville
Coldspring
Jasper
Center
Carthage
Chapel Hill
Bullard
Brownsboro
Athens
Palestine
Westwood
Diboll
Huntington
Rusk
Central*
Hudson*

2A:
Corsicana Mildred
Buffalo
Centerville
Woodville
West Sabine
Hemphill
San Augustine
Joaquin
Elysian Fields
Waskom
Tatum
West Rusk
Frankston
Malakoff
Elkhart
Crockett
Trinity
Corrigan-Camden
Troup
Arp
Groveton
Anderson-Shiro*
Onalaska*
Central Heights*
Woden*

1A:
Kerens
Colmesneil
Shelbyville
Tenaha
Beckville
Overton
Cross Roads
Cayuga
Grapeland
Lovelady
Alto
Carlisle
Cushing
Garrison
Timpson
Mount Enterprise
Burkeville
Broaddus*
Brookeland*
Zavalla*
Latexo*
Slocum*
Gary*
New Summerfield*
La Poynor*
Martin's Mill*
Goodrich*
Leggett*
Spurger*
Chireno*
Groveton Centerville*
Kennard*
Martinsville*
Wells*
Douglass*
Laneville*
Neches*

Private Schools/6-Man:
Trinidad (6-Man DII)
Karnack (6-Man DII)
Apple Springs (6-Man)
Chester  (6-Man)
Leveretts Chapel (6-Man)
Brook Hill
All Saints
Grace Community
T.K. Gorman
Oakwood (6-Man)

*- Non-Football Schools

Yeah, 66 feels like it's none to me after doing 120+....

I messed up on Henderson and West Sabine lol...

I think the new number is great, and it will be a hell of a lot easier...

Basketball adds about 25 more schools, but I'm not worried about that...

HOPEFULLY this is the answer to helping this thing out....  Now to find schools to get on during the postseason that will help us get our name out...

[quote name="HubTx" post="897212" timestamp="1288963273"]
It ADDS 25 more to get to 91... Basketball is fine, Brad has done a great job, I told him we need to come down, but he insists that he has enough contacts to make it work.... We'll see...
[/quote]

Brad probably wants 291 schools! ;D

As for his contacts, he has some, but most are 2A and down.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="897214" timestamp="1288963406"]
[quote author=HubTx link=topic=75462.msg897212#msg897212 date=1288963273]
It ADDS 25 more to get to 91... Basketball is fine, Brad has done a great job, I told him we need to come down, but he insists that he has enough contacts to make it work.... We'll see...
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, Brad was NOT liking this change.  He even hit me with a couple of pms yesterday.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="897238" timestamp="1288965472"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=75462.msg897214#msg897214 date=1288963406]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, Brad was NOT liking this change.  He even hit me with a couple of pms yesterday.
[/quote]

How did he know we were changing?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="897244" timestamp="1288965802"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=75462.msg897238#msg897238 date=1288965472]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=75462.msg897214#msg897214 date=1288963406]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How did he know we were changing?
[/quote]

He's a mod and Jereme announced the change of coverage in the mod/admin section at EastexSports.com

I had to tell him because he was fixing to start releasing stuff... I told him to wait...

He doesn't like it, and I'm not real sure why, but I told him he could start doing it his way and see how it goes... Every other sport is changing...

If we don't get fans from those northern towns he wanted to keep, I'm cutting that off...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami