How not to sell a car to a Bruin fan

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="895197" timestamp="1288747528"]
I had an experience with a woman at a store in Groves (wearing a PN-G shirt).  So I struck up convo about football.  I guess she assumed I was from that area.  I told her that I will be going to Beaumont to see Central.  She was like 'eww...  No way I go to Beaumont.  Had a chance to live there...  But nooo  Heck no!  I would NEVER live there!'  With like a look of disgust on her face.  I didn't really get mad or let her know I'm a Beaumont guy or nothing, but I found it interesting how she reacted...
[/quote]

I hate beaumont and would probably have the same reaction.  It has nothing to do with race or the people that live there.  You shouldn't assume that is what she meant either.  If you did not ask or take the time to find out then put the race card back in your pocket and you should not imply that's what she meant.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="895393" timestamp="1288783307"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=75426.msg895197#msg895197 date=1288747528]
I had an experience with a woman at a store in Groves (wearing a PN-G shirt).  So I struck up convo about football.  I guess she assumed I was from that area.  I told her that I will be going to Beaumont to see Central.  She was like 'eww...  No way I go to Beaumont.  Had a chance to live there...  But nooo  Heck no!  I would NEVER live there!'  With like a look of disgust on her face.  I didn't really get mad or let her know I'm a Beaumont guy or nothing, but I found it interesting how she reacted...
[/quote]

I hate beaumont and would probably have the same reaction.  It has nothing to do with race or the people that live there.  You shouldn't assume that is what she meant either.  If you did not ask or take the time to find out then put the race card back in your pocket and you should not imply that's what she meant.
[/quote]I never stated I played the race card.  I imply sstated that I found it 'interesting'.  Never assumed anything.. Actually, I never play the race card. Strange that you would think like that...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="895399" timestamp="1288784788"]
[quote author=Itch?Scratchit! link=topic=75426.msg895393#msg895393 date=1288783307]
I had an experience with a woman at a store in Groves (wearing a PN-G shirt).  So I struck up convo about football.  I guess she assumed I was from that area.  I told her that I will be going to Beaumont to see Central.  She was like 'eww...  No way I go to Beaumont.  Had a chance to live there...  But nooo  Heck no!  I would NEVER live there!'  With like a look of disgust on her face.  I didn't really get mad or let her know I'm a Beaumont guy or nothing, but I found it interesting how she reacted...
[/quote]

I hate beaumont and would probably have the same reaction.  It has nothing to do with race or the people that live there.  You shouldn't assume that is what she meant either.  If you did not ask or take the time to find out then put the race card back in your pocket and you should not imply that's what she meant.
[/quote]I never stated I played the race card.  I simply stated that I found it 'interesting'.  Never assumed anything.. Actually, I never play the race card. Strange that you would think like that...
[/quote]It was amazing that race came outta this. It was clearly stated, you found it to be interesting :o ::)

Soulja, its is an isue with this board... It can't even be close to a racial issue, and they will suggest you are playing the race card.  I brought my truck in Mid County and had a better experience then the one I had in BMT.  I am a darky (lol) from Central.  I did initiate the experience online, but I went in to finish the deal.  They respected me professionally WAY better than the one place in BMT did!!! I work just outside of midcounty and eat lunch there daily.  I will say mostly good people.... (as long as I go back to BMT or PA to live....)   ;D JOKING!!!!

[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="895400" timestamp="1288785490"]
You were the one who said "I didnt really got mad" implying that you normally would or implying that you felt like you should.   If her reason for not wanting to live there was anything other than race then why would you get mad?  The race card can be played with announcing your playing it.
[/quote]In deffense to my City, heck , I'd hsve probably took offense >:( this is ridiculous  :(

[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="895400" timestamp="1288785490"]
You were the one who said "I didnt really got mad" implying that you normally would or implying that you felt like you should.   If her reason for not wanting to live there was anything other than race then why would you get mad?  The race card can be played with announcing your playing it.
[/quote]

He propbably almost got mad because he loves his home town??? Naw you think its race... When he was clearly talking and socializing with a white person.  It was obviously not a race issue if they were having a friendly conversation!!!

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="895406" timestamp="1288786087"]
[quote author=Itch?Scratchit! link=topic=75426.msg895400#msg895400 date=1288785490]
[/quote]

He propbably almost got mad because he loves his home town??? Naw you think its race... When he was clearly talking and socializing with a white person.  It was obviously not a race issue if they were having a friendly conversation!!![/quote]

Yes! You are correct. It does not fit the criteria for a "race issue".  In order for it to be considered "racist" it has to have two requirments.

1. be a derogitory statment directed to a person of another race  AND
2. be initated by a white person

LOL you guys have been busy.  I find it interesting that we are playing offense and defense with races and yet not one comment regarding the point of my post.  Living in a blended cultural and multi ethnical community has its advantages.  One of these advantages is that my kids have the opportunity to be  productive members of a society by communicating with others and not having to wonder if something they said or heard really meant something else.  This is because WB benefits from the demographics in our community.  It is an environment where students can naturallly adapt to their different cultural and belief systems.  They often laugh at terms like "race card" and others while we see them as defensfe and derogarotory (sp).  My belief system at 50 years old has been enhanced and improved  by my kids because of their experiences with others in this environment. 

BTW--another advantageous bi-product of Beaumonts West end diversity is that it put some much needed quickness and speed on our football field.  ;D

HAGD everybody. ;)

[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="895420" timestamp="1288787536"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=75426.msg895406#msg895406 date=1288786087]
[quote author=Itch?Scratchit! link=topic=75426.msg895400#msg895400 date=1288785490]
[/quote]

He propbably almost got mad because he loves his home town??? Naw you think its race... When he was clearly talking and socializing with a white person.  It was obviously not a race issue if they were having a friendly conversation!!![/quote]

Yes! You are correct. It does not fit the criteria for a "race issue".  In order for it to be considered "racist" it has to have two requirments.

[/quote]

I am sorry but number two is so not true!!!  Poor fellow, you are so bitter!  You are more disgruntle than Rev. Wright!

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="895451" timestamp="1288790135"]
LOL you guys have been busy.  I find it interesting that we are playing offense and defense with races and yet not one comment regarding the point of my post.  Living in a blended cultural and multi ethnical community has its advantages.  One of these advantages is that my kids have the opportunity to be  productive members of a society by communicating with others and not having to wonder if something they said or heard really meant something else.  This is because WB benefits from the demographics in our community.  It is an environment where students can naturallly adapt to their different cultural and belief systems.  They often laugh at terms like "race card" and others while we see them as defensfe and derogarotory (sp).  My belief system at 50 years old has been enhanced and improved  by my kids because of their experiences with others in this environment. 

BTW--another advantageous bi-product of Beaumonts West end diversity is that it put some much needed quickness and speed on our football field.   ;D

HAGD everybody. ;)
[/quote]

I totally agree with you!!! This Country needs all of its parts to be its best!!! 

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="895456" timestamp="1288790289"]
[quote author=Itch?Scratchit! link=topic=75426.msg895420#msg895420 date=1288787536]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=75426.msg895406#msg895406 date=1288786087]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I am sorry but number two is so not true!!!  Poor fellow, you are so bitter!  You are more disgruntle than Rev. Wright!
[/quote]

Whaty do you even have to be disgruntle about?

Come on Guys I am a Car Salesman lets not completely bash them there are some good ones ( like me out there)  I work in the only kia store in the area and I love it. I know what I can do on a car but Why would i not try to make money thats my job thats how I feed my kids  You me pay walmart i meant 600% over the cost and dont say a thing about it but when it comes to cars we are ripping people off I mean some do the whole mike young thing was terrible  but please dont bash all salespeople

[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="895685" timestamp="1288812340"]
I am not disgruntle I am honest.  Many people feel that statment is true but will not stand up and say it.  
[/quote]
Are you serious?

I'll tell you what...

IF there was no such thing as SIGHT, would we be having thing conversation?....the differences in people
would STILL exist thru beliefs, accents, and attitude, ETC....color would be blind to us without the sight we are blessed with today....

SINCE WE HAVE SIGHT....AND DIFFERENCES IN PEOPLE'S BELIEF, ACCENTS, AND ATTITUDES WILL ALWAYS EXIST

[size=18pt]GET OVER THE RACE CARD! JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE THINK DIFFERENT, IT DOES NOT MAKE THEM A RACIST!![/size]

I stated my personal opinion on racism...

The Original "Americans",  few in numbers these days...not many tribes exist anymore...All the Germans, Polish, Italian, Spanish, English, French, Greek, Turkish, African, who ever else is in the Eastern Hemisphere...NOW MAKE UP TODAY's AMERICA..

IF you were born on the soil of THE United States of America you are AMERICAN.

Our own Country created this ethnic diversity, and the entire Country as a WHOLE [b]DID NOT[/b] necessarily agree with the diversity 234 years ago, when this Country was created....IF there are people that are still RACIST (like myself, against ALL LAZY PEOPLE), in regards to color....IT IS A TWO WAY STREET....

EXAMPLE:

IF you point the finger at the white man for not having something, or being treated a certain way...the one that points that finger feel the same hatred(as supposedly the white man does), therefore is just as racist....and will ALWAYS use the same excuse...IF the shoe fits,...you wear it of course.

I have experienced this first hand(brownie)...the black man has too...but guess what?...so has the white man...Oriental...Indian...Middle Eastern...African...Cuban...Mexican...etc... ;)

The attitude of today's Parents will carry forth the next generation...can you really say we live in the 1800's or 1960's or even the 1990's...NO, it's 2010...show me a interracial photo of the 1800's, the 1960's, maybe a few in the 1990's....OPEN YOUR EYES....today, interracial marriages are all over the place!!

Get ready for this....in the next 50 yrs...you won't know what a minority is...you'll read bed times stories to a tan, slanted eyed, tourbon topped, Wrangler wearing kid dipping Copenhaggen, drinking a Corona   named Ahmir  Gonzales Jackson...nickname..."Bud"

The racism is shifting to LAZY PEOPLE(all shapes and colors) vs SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE(all shapes and colors)

This is AMERICA, where we take care of the LAZY PEOPLE, all shapes AND colors...guess what? you help to, which puts us on the same TEAM...unless you're lazy... ;)

[quote]Get ready for this....in the next 50 yrs...you won't know what a minority is...you'll read bed times stories to a tan, slanted eyed, tourbon topped, Wrangler wearing kid dipping Copenhaggen, drinking a Corona  named Ahmir  Gonzales Jackson...nickname..."Bud"

[/quote]

I can't stop laughing......thats some funny sh*t!!!!!

[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="895393" timestamp="1288783307"]
[/quote]

[/quote]Their is a limit to intelligence, but good ol stupidity has no limt!

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="895823" timestamp="1288821617"]
Hey SGT--That just about sums it all up.   8)
Next [s]cervesa[/s] [s]cervasa[/s] [s]cerveza[/s]  BEER is on me.

[move][size=18pt]DANG THAT WAS A GOOD SERMON  ON PLAYING WELL WITH OTHERS[/size][/move]
[/quote]

I am committing myself to getting your KARMA to 100----  ;)

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="895824" timestamp="1288821770"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=75426.msg895823#msg895823 date=1288821617]

[move][size=18pt]DANG THAT WAS A GOOD SERMON  ON PLAYING WELL WITH OTHERS[/size][/move]
[/quote]

[/quote]
:D

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="895824" timestamp="1288821770"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=75426.msg895823#msg895823 date=1288821617]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Likewise - 95 now. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder