Purely objective, BH and Crosby

With both teams' playoff spots already figured out, this one will be for pride, but let's keep it civil and just deal with facts and limit the emotions to the other threads.

[b]Mental aspect:[/b]Barbers Hill has to have this advantage. After all, Crosby is riding a two-game losing streak while BH has been wining since the Dayton game. Mentally, can the Cougars shake it off, play their offensive game and score enough points to win. Dayton shut both teams out of getting a single touchdown, but the BH vs Dayton game was the first district game of the season so that's not much of a comparison. I'd rather compare the two team's success or lack of against the most recent common opponent, GCM. Crosby struggled and lost, BH had no trouble putting them away. I guess it will depend on how the two teams feel about that.

[b]The rivalry aspect:[/b] I just don't get the feel for rivalry between these two schools. I mean I think there is more rivalry between Crosby and Dayton, and for a matter of fact, Barbers Hill and Dayton than between Barbers Hill and Crosby. For Barbers Hill it means sole possession of second-place in the district, while Crosby can only tie for second with a win. Therefore I have to give the nod to BH.

[b]Offense:[/b] There is little doubt, based solely on the number of points they have scored that Crosby probably holds the advantage here, but it's only a slight one.
Let's go back to that BH vs Dayton game. Yeah, Dayton shut BH out, but the Eagles actually had a much larger scoring threat than Crosby did against Dayton. Crosby never got close enough to the goal line to even so much as sniff a touchdown, whereas Barbers Hill got inside the five. It was their choice to go for a td rather than take the easy three. Dayton thwarted the fourth-down fake field goal call, but the threat was there. Still, Merka is a threat and can throw the long pass and does have the wheels to run on you. A counter to that, however, is I was more impressed by the BH running backs. Advantage: Crosby

Defense: Even though BH gave up 50+ points to Dayton and Crosby only 42, the Eagles have shown much better defense over the rest of the district schedule. The GCM game is only the latest example. Games against Baytown Lee, King and Galena Park also showed BH with a stiffer defense. Also, BH had to deal with Delasbour for the entire first half. No telling what the score would have been had Delasbour not been injured.
Advantage: BH

Based on this analysis, I would have to give the nod to Barbers Hill, but that’s why they play the game. Ok, how do you see it?

Good analysis...you only left out BH turned the ball over 8 times against Dayton (most of them unforced) and the new BH system (like it or not) was not established well with the players.  BH also had not found a starting QB...were still rotating them.  All of these things appear to be fixed now.  Still would lose handily to Dayton, but would be a far different game now.  Crosby is on the ropes right now and BH is clicking and has some swagger.  Got to go with BH on this one...20-7.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="893574" timestamp="1288623537"]
Good analysis...you only left out BH turned the ball over 8 times against Dayton (most of them unforced) and the new BH system (like it or not) was not established well with the players.  BH also had not found a starting QB...were still rotating them.  All of these things appear to be fixed now.  Still would lose handily to Dayton, but would be a far different game now.  Crosby is on the ropes right now and BH is clicking and has some swagger.  Got to go with BH on this one...20-7.
[/quote]yup, give Crosby something to think about hill. lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124