Predict the Region 3 Championship Game

ricko

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The winner of the Brenham vs Dayton game will be Region III champs in division II.
The winner of the Barbers Hill game vs their 20-4A pairing looks to have a very easy path to the regional round.  Look for the winner of that game to win two more times.  LC-M might not even be in the playoffs if they don't beat Nederland, it might be Livingston.  Barbers Hill stands a better chance of advancing since they at least have a defense that is posting shutouts (even though the competition in 19-4A isn't that good).
Just from what I have seen over the last four years of the Broncos getting to at least the quarter final round.  The most crucial element to win in the playoffs is defensive speed.  If you line up against an offense and your line men and line backers can run down the other teams running back (like Dayton has been able to do) you can really shut down a team.  Most of the times the team with the best defense ends up winning.  The Broncos might have lost Jakari, but there defense is really improving.  I can see the Brenham vs Dayton game being within a TD, I would give the edge to the Bronco defense.  If McBride can have over 100 yards in that game, the Broncos might just very well be able to beat Brenham.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="893327" timestamp="1288579466"]
The winner of the Brenham vs Dayton game will be Region III champs in division II.
The winner of the Barbers Hill game vs their 20-4A pairing looks to have a very easy path to the regional round.  Look for the winner of that game to win two more times.  LC-M might not even be in the playoffs if they don't beat Nederland, it might be Livingston.  Barbers Hill stands a better chance of advancing since they at least have a defense that is posting shutouts (even though the competition in 19-4A isn't that good).
Just from what I have seen over the last four years of the Broncos getting to at least the quarter final round.  The most crucial element to win in the playoffs is defensive speed.  If you line up against an offense and your line men and line backers can run down the other teams running back (like Dayton has been able to do) you can really shut down a team.  Most of the times the team with the best defense ends up winning.  The Broncos might have lost Jakari, but there defense is really improving.  I can see the Brenham vs Dayton game being within a TD, I would give the edge to the Bronco defense.  If McBride can have over 100 yards in that game, the Broncos might just very well be able to beat Brenham.
[/quote]

If, and that's a big if, Dayton plays Brenham, Dayton's secondary is going to get smoked like a smoking baby in Chong's stroller.  ;D ;D Brenham by at least 3 TD's. 

[quote name="liltex" post="893433" timestamp="1288604646"]
La Marque in the region 3 championship game?Lawd who picked that after a 14-13 win over 1-8 Gal.Ball and 3 losses in dist.w/1 to play ::) ::) :D
[/quote]

If I remember correctly, it was about 52 weeks ago that a #10 Brenham team lost 15-14 to a 3 win Waller squad.  You remember how that Brenham team finished? ;)  Not too shabby... ;D Don't write La Marque off...

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="893738" timestamp="1288632668"]
The winner of Dayton-Brenham will probably go to state depending where Tivy ends up D1 orD2. The Dayton-Brenham game will have enough attention that it could be better than the state game. JMO.
[/quote]

Oh my, don't go WOS on us.  You have done well is a wek district, don't get carried away.  Dayton is not a State contender by any stretch of the imagination.  Maybe 2 wins in the playoffs.  That's a big maybe.  :o :o

[quote name="bh89-2" post="893837" timestamp="1288637862"]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=75353.msg893738#msg893738 date=1288632668]
The winner of Dayton-Brenham will probably go to state depending where Tivy ends up D1 orD2. The Dayton-Brenham game will have enough attention that it could be better than the state game. JMO.
[/quote]

Oh my, don't go WOS on us.  You have done well is a wek district, don't get carried away.  Dayton is not a State contender by any stretch of the imagination.  Maybe 2 wins in the playoffs.  That's a big maybe.   :o :o
[/quote]

if dayton won 2.... the 3rd would almost be a gimme.

My Predictions

Bi-District        Brenham vs Huntsville        CONFIDENT
Area              Brenham vs Dayton                    CONFIDENT
Regional        Brenham vs El Campo                GOOD GAME BUT NOT TO WORRIED
Regional Finals Brenham vs Willis or La Marque?? BH?    ???  NOT SO SURE WHO PLAYINH US
State Semi-Finals Brenham vs Calhoun

[color=black][size=18pt]STATE FINALS[/size][/color]

[font=Times New Roman][size=18pt][color=green]BRENHAM [color=black]VS[color=orange]ALEDO[/color][/color][/color][/size][/font]

[quote name="Roughrider" post="893892" timestamp="1288642050"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=75353.msg893751#msg893751 date=1288633170]
Division 2 - Dayton vs. Manvel
Division 1 - Friendshood vs. Central

;D
[/quote]

[b]Central is not that good[/b]....They have some talent there but the will not go past the third round...They may not make it past the second round.  :)
[/quote]I'm glad you feel that way.  :-* :-*

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124