Purely Objective, Crosby vs. Dayton

Great job guys, now let's really peel back some layers.

Crosby has had a tendency at times to start slow, especially in district. They got way behind C.E. King (do not make that mistake Friday night) and even behind North Forest 12-0 before getting their proverbial act together. I can't see proof that Crosby has gotten progressively better as the district season has gone by. Dayton, on the other hand, save for the first quarter lull against NF, has been nothing if consistent in both offensive production and defensive shutdowns. It's hard to measure a defenses progress when they've registered three shutouts.

Observation says that if Andres Herrera was 6-2, 195 he'd be among the top rated QB's in the country. His reads are superior to any QB we've had in a while, although Gregory Charles could read very well. At times Herrera, due to his short stature, does have some vision problems which shouldn't be compounded this week by Crosby's defensive line which has two 6-1 defensive ends in Blackburn and Williams and a 5-8 in Sewell, but whose DT's are 5-5, 5-6, and 5-8. The tallest LB is Colomb at 5-10 with the rest two to four inches shorter than that.

Merka, on the other hand has absolutely no trouble with vision, including overlooking the 6-9, 270 lb Cody Stevens at RT.

I will have to give the edge to Dayton in the running backs department as we have two who could play with anybody.

The best part about all this is that it is just over 31 hours until kickoff. Oh, and tomorrow night is Senior Night for DHS.

This is a great post and jab--very knowledgeable fans- maybe coaches?? I wish I didn't have an assignment against a "non talented North Shore team", I know --oxymoron, I would definitely be in Dayton. I can't imagine the money being talked at the plants???? This is good high school football and why it is easily the most popular/passionate sport outside of college/professional in the world. We all played on Friday and know the rush of playing especially your next door BLOOD rival. These feelings weren't quite this way when I was at Crosby ten to twenty years ago. Good luck to both the Cougars and Flan, and Broncos and Stewart. Could be an epic--but often these could become onesided??

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="890055" timestamp="1288336642"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=75074.msg890034#msg890034 date=1288324643]
Objectively speaking....Who's eating some fish at the junior high tomorrow before the game?   

[/quote]

Fish? Dang. Somebody needs to let a brother know somethin sometime. I'm there!!!!
[/quote]
I will be there.  $10 a plate.  Park in the WWJH parking lot, eat a good meal, then go watch the Cougars get stampeded.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="890063" timestamp="1288346056"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=75074.msg890055#msg890055 date=1288336642]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=75074.msg890034#msg890034 date=1288324643]
Objectively speaking....Who's eating some fish at the junior high tomorrow before the game?   

[/quote]

Fish? Dang. Somebody needs to let a brother know somethin sometime. I'm there!!!!
[/quote]
I will be there.  $10 a plate.  Park in the WWJH parking lot, eat a good meal, then go watch the Cougars get stampeded.
[/quote]
People from Crosby allowed???I'll eat some fish with yaw.....

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="890094" timestamp="1288353787"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=75074.msg890063#msg890063 date=1288346056]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=75074.msg890055#msg890055 date=1288336642]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I will be there.  $10 a plate.  Park in the WWJH parking lot, eat a good meal, then go watch the Cougars get stampeded.
[/quote]
People from Crosby allowed???I'll eat some fish with yaw.....
[/quote]

come one, come all. this is from a Dayton Rotary Club Member

[i]The Dayton Rotary Club is having a Fish Fry at Woodrow Wilson Junior High next Friday, October 29th from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. (or until sold out) just before the Bronco's football game against Crosby! 

[b]Tickets are $10 each for all you can eat!  [/b]

The proceeds of our Rotary fund raisers are for scholarships for Dayton High School Seniors as well as support for other community and international projects.  Thank you for your continued support of the Dayton Rotary Club and the students![/i]

it's my understanding that tickets will be sold at the door.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="890187" timestamp="1288365497"]
You know what the funniest thing is about this thread?
The fact that "Purely Objective" and Crosby vs. Dayton" were used in the same sentence.  :D
[/quote]

Boy ROT sure summed it up there!!

Purely objectively I think this game will get ugly.  Dayton's defense has been consistently good all year and have really only surrendered points off turnovers.  The only sustained touchdown drive I can think of was by GCM after the game was out of hand.  Elkins had one but it included a roughing the passer call on 3rd and 22 incompletion and a fake punt if I remember right?  Didn't see/hear Ike or Angleton.  The front 7 is stout as usual especially up the middle at NT and ILB.  X Baldwin is a playmaker at Safety and the cornerbacks really seem to be locking down receivers this year.  Offense is balanced and Jakari is a complete running back and a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball.  If he's not playing then McBride is shifty, has good vision, and is surprisingly hard to tackle even in small spaces.  Receivers are good route runners and have good hands regardless of who's in there.  Baldwin and Fowler are the big play threats and Reyes is a great possession type receiver who is really hard to tackle.  The O-Line seems to be a little better run blocking than pass blocking but it's tough to say as I've only heard the radio and seen the highlights.

Don't know much about Crosby except Merka is a stud.  Defense seems to be inconsistent and offense seems uneven.  2 good comebacks after being down big show they have heart and don't quit.  Offense is definitely potent however but will have a really hard time coming back if they get down like King and GCM.  They'll have to play lights out for 4 quarters.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="890244" timestamp="1288368793"]
Let me add one more asset the Bronco's have in their favor our kicking game is second to none and is a great advantage over team's that struggle with theirs.
[/quote]

Fowler for Crosby is no slouch. He and Carranco could both play a large role in this game. I enjoy the field position battles that go on in games like this.

[quote name="dayton" post="890246" timestamp="1288368938"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=75074.msg890244#msg890244 date=1288368793]
Let me add one more asset the Bronco's have in their favor our kicking game is second to none and is a great advantage over team's that struggle with theirs.
[/quote]

Fowler for Crosby is no slouch. He and Carranco could both play a large role in this game. I enjoy the field position battles that go on in games like this.
[/quote]- If all goes as planed we won't need Carranco on forth down punt's to much ! I think Fowler might be a little busy though !

[quote name="jayhawk" post="890250" timestamp="1288369637"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=75074.msg890246#msg890246 date=1288368938]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=75074.msg890244#msg890244 date=1288368793]
[/quote]

[/quote]- If all goes as planed we won't need Carranco on forth down punt's to much ! I think Fowler might be a little busy though !
[/quote]

;D :D

"The proceeds of our Rotary fund raisers are for scholarships for Dayton High School Seniors as well as support for other community and [b]international[/b] projects."

Have the Bronchos gone worldwide? I can only wonder at the marvelous projects I'm supporting every time I bite into one of those Turkey legs!! ;D

Objectively speaking,

[size=16pt][color=purple][font=Comic Sans MS]Let's Go Broncos! Kick Some Crosby Buttox!!!!!!![/font][/color][/size]

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="890280" timestamp="1288372243"]
"The proceeds of our Rotary fund raisers are for scholarships for Dayton High School Seniors as well as support for other community and [b]international[/b] projects."

Have the Bronchos gone worldwide? I can only wonder at the marvelous projects I'm supporting every time I bite into one of those Turkey legs!! ;D

Objectively speaking,

[size=16pt][color=purple][font=Comic Sans MS]Let's Go Broncos! Kick Some Crosby Buttox!!!!!!![/font][/color][/size]
[/quote]

http://www.rotary.org/en/Pages/ridefault.aspx

the rotary club is international... although the Broncos are known in all parts of the globe as well. ;)

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="890293" timestamp="1288373030"]
Oops. I got the Rotary club mixed up with the Booster club. My bad. For a second there I thought maybe Stewart was running some 3rd world footbal camps to develop some future talent!  ;D 
[/quote]

Oh, you haven't heard about the Mogambo family that's moving in from East Africa.  I believe they hail from the yoruba tribe.  They have 6 sons, each 10 months apart, the oldest is 14 is 6'2" tall, runs a 4.35 forty, and holds the tribal record for tackling the most wildabeasts consecutively. The thirteen year old isn't as big, but he's a little faster.  Those 3rd world football camps are really paying off.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="890359" timestamp="1288380596"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=75074.msg890293#msg890293 date=1288373030]
Oops. I got the Rotary club mixed up with the Booster club. My bad. For a second there I thought maybe Stewart was running some 3rd world footbal camps to develop some future talent!  ;D 
[/quote]

Oh, you haven't heard about the Mogambo family that's moving in from East Africa.  I believe they hail from the yoruba tribe.  They have 6 sons, each 10 months apart, the oldest is 14 is 6'2" tall, runs a 4.35 forty, and holds the tribal record for tackling the most wildabeasts consecutively. The thirteen year old isn't as big, but he's a little faster.  Those 3rd world football camps are really paying off.
[/quote]

I heard the EAYFL (East Africa Youth Football League) is complaining though, citing the kids are moving for athletic purposes.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="890359" timestamp="1288380596"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=75074.msg890293#msg890293 date=1288373030]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Dont let smoking baby read this his Dayton Conspiracy Therory Support Group will protest in the streets of Lowe Woods.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83