Baytown Lee football program

I thought of a good movie that depicts the path of the Baytown Lee football program the last few years.
Wildcats, the movie with Goldie Hawn....
except you have to start at the end of the movie when they are good, then hit rewind and watch it backwards back to the beginning when the qb is selling stolen watches on the sidelines during the game.

That's hilarious, how time fly's. Such a good program in the Dic% Olin days, I remember {Quarterback High} with Clint Storner, Quinton Couriatt, Jerman Alford, Ell Roberson, Drew Tate, Charles Godfrey, Brian Johnson and Jeremy Moses.  Maybe it will get better. Or maybe it won't!!! Do you know if the younger mosses is still there. He would be a soph. This year.   

We have been trying to light a fire under the program at GCM all season. They responded well last night to all the doubters. Pleasantly suprised me.. I will wait to give my take on how to do this at REL until after GCM plays them. I want to see Lee do well. I like Lee and the way they have always played football. They were never intimidated and always had a swagger, even on an average team.
There are not many coaches who like to be criticized, no matter what they may say. They need to be the ones to rally the players and then the players rally their own. Encourage and correct, dido, dido, dido, until it sticks. Players will respond and if players think you care for them and like them, they will defend you as a coach through adversity. Human Nature.

I also want to say coaches should not be questioned constantly on play calling, personnel, who plays where etc. I have done it but I disagree with it. I should have coached if I wanted to call plays and place personnel where I think they should be. If they are coached well, they should execute. I just expect them to respect the players and they will respect you. If not weed out the bad players.

There is a reason D. Olin left.  That whole side of Baytown is in shambles.  I don't see it getting any better.  There are far too many illegals in Baytown, and especially on that side for any increase in tax revenue.  If they don't spend their money here, and they dont, then businesses won't come.  Just look at the san Jacinto Mall and that's on the "good" side of town.  People don't spend money in Baytown, they drive to clear lake and humble.  Until Mont Belvieu developes like Katy, Baytown won't see much growth outside of GCM's area.  The bulk of the town is just too old or they have taken the available land and commercialized it.  It is sad, I recall the glory days of Lee.  I saw someone mention Quenton, who was a beast.  His brother and sisters were just as big.     

[quote name="bh89-2" post="885324" timestamp="1287860274"]
There is a reason D. Olin left.  That whole side of Baytown is in shambles.  I don't see it getting any better.  There are far too many illegals in Baytown, and especially on that side for any increase in tax revenue.  If they don't spend their money here, and they dont, then businesses won't come.  Just look at the san Jacinto Mall and that's on the "good" side of town.  People don't spend money in Baytown, they drive to clear lake and humble.  Until Mont Belvieu developes like Katy, Baytown won't see much growth outside of GCM's area.  The bulk of the town is just too old or they have taken the available land and commercialized it.  It is sad, I recall the glory days of Lee.  I saw someone mention Quenton, who was a beast.  His brother and sisters were just as big.      
[/quote]
You can have a competitive football program in a poor area. Galena Park was 10-0 regular season 5 years ago, Galvston Ball, La Marque, Texas City, PA Memorial, Central... I can go on... BH is years from being close to a Katy...If you teach the kids the game, they will love the game.

[quote name="cbear4" post="885340" timestamp="1287860864"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=74934.msg885324#msg885324 date=1287860274]
There is a reason D. Olin left.  That whole side of Baytown is in shambles.  I don't see it getting any better.  There are far too many illegals in Baytown, and especially on that side for any increase in tax revenue.  If they don't spend their money here, and they dont, then businesses won't come.  Just look at the san Jacinto Mall and that's on the "good" side of town.  People don't spend money in Baytown, they drive to clear lake and humble.  Until Mont Belvieu developes like Katy, Baytown won't see much growth outside of GCM's area.  The bulk of the town is just too old or they have taken the available land and commercialized it.  It is sad, I recall the glory days of Lee.  I saw someone mention Quenton, who was a beast.  His brother and sisters were just as big.      
[/quote]
You can have a competitive football program in a [b]poor area[/b]. Galena Park was 10-0 regular season 5 years ago, Galvston Ball, La Marque, Texas City, PA Memorial, [b]Central[/b]... I can go on... BH is years from being close to a Katy...If you teach the kids the game, they will love the game.
[/quote]Your definition of 'Poor Area', please...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami