Lady Cards to conduct Red-White scrimmage

Went to the Lady Cardinals scrimmage today.The Red team beat the White team in both halves played in game like situations. The first half was the Red team 45 to the White team 26 and second was Red team 55 and White team 30.

Coach Tidwell played several players on both teams so it was hard to keep up with individual scoring. But, I did kept up with the scoring the best I could. I was unable to keep up with the other stats as they are playing a fast tempo which was fun to watch but hard to keep stats.

Here is the scoring but the player may have played on both team. I was really impressed with Jenna Plumey, Taylor Hays, Ang Green, Myriam Igoufe, Jasmin Henderson, Kalis Loyd, Monique Whittaker and even Adrianne Meengs who was really good on defense. She hasn't played basketball since HS as she played volleyball 4 yrs at Lamar and was SLC Setter of the Year in 2007. I bet she'll get some PT if she keeps playing defense like she did today.

1. Gia Ayers 5 pts
2. Chantelle Brockett 5 pts
3. Kalis Loyd 24 pts
4. Brateicka Mock 2pts
5. Ang Green 12 pts
6. Taylor Hays 13pts
7. Danielle Heithof f 4 pts
8. Kayla Dunk 2 pts
9. Jenna Plumley 30 pts
10. Adrianne Meengs 7 pts
11. Francesca Bellatin did not score but you can tell she has talent.
12. Jasmin Henderson 13 pts
13. Myriam Igoufe 13 pts
14. Trashanna Smith 6 pts
15. Monique Whittaker 19 pts

[quote name="LamarFanatic" post="886580" timestamp="1287963629"]
just curious bigred360 i know it doesn't mean anything but whats a rough estimate of how many ppl  who showed up for the scrimmage
[/quote]
My wife and I were there and maybe about a dozen others not including most of the mens team. I would have thought there would be more.
I had wished I had printed out a bunch of rosters, because they did not provide one and we were trying to figure out who was who.
Bigred360 has made a good account of how things were.  I know its early, but Danny was short of a number of close put ins that would made her point count better if they had gone in.  Taylor Hays was excellent on her 3-pointers and got back on D quickly.  And was quick to be back on Off.  So with Kalis, Frenchie and Taylor's speed down court, fast breaks are going to be there.
It's going to be an exciting season.

I liked the fact that kalis was very vocal on the floor.  She has turned into a great team leader.  Telling girls where to line up, when to pick, take a shot, rebound etc...  I was impressed with the speed of #32 (don't know the names just yet) #30 gives LU another 3point shooter and she seemed to always be at the right place at the right time.  Hard to tell with just one scrimmage but she may be one of those players that just has a nose for the ball. 

The big girls get pushed around and need to become a little more mentally tough underneath.  They have the ability but need to get that "I shall not be moved!!" attitude :) I keep waiting for Danny to do that.  She has the build and talent to dominate the boards.  I know she is young so I have high hopes. 

of course, Jena was amazing as always.  I thought the team did ok for a scrimmage and like Cat22 said, "if you don't defend, you don't play."  and a player was taken out of the scrimmage for not defending.  I can't remember if she ever went back in.  I bet she defends next time :)

[quote name="skyhcky" post="888904" timestamp="1288202690"]
I liked the fact that kalis was very vocal on the floor.  She has turned into a great team leader.  Telling girls where to line up, when to pick, take a shot, rebound etc...  I was impressed with the speed of #32 (don't know the names just yet) #30 gives LU another 3point shooter and she seemed to always be at the right place at the right time.  Hard to tell with just one scrimmage but she may be one of those players that just has a nose for the ball.  

The big girls get pushed around and need to become a little more mentally tough underneath.  They have the ability but need to get that "I shall not be moved!!" attitude :) I keep waiting for Danny to do that.  She has the build and talent to dominate the boards.  I know she is young so I have high hopes.  

of course, Jena was amazing as always.  I thought the team did ok for a scrimmage and like Cat22 said, "if you don't defend, you don't play."  and a player was taken out of the scrimmage for not defending.  I can't remember if she ever went back in.  I bet she defends next time :)
[/quote]

32 is Myriam Igoufe the young lady from France I was talking about starting at the 2 for the Lady Cards in another thread. 30 is Taylor Hays and she does in fact give Lamar a 3 pt shooter but she needs to get better on the defensive end before she can be mentioned as a possible starter. The player Coach Tidwell took out of the scrimmage was the young lady from Peru, Francesca Bellatin. She needs to get use to the American style of play as in high school in Peru she averaged 37 ppg. She is talented and before conference starts I think she'll be in the rotation. She has to play better defense obviously.  Then Danielle Heithoff (Danny) will get stronger, more aggressive and better around the basket and she'll get playing time but I see Trashanna Smith the starter at the post position.

Thanks skyhcky, the Lady Cards have me excited this season. I hope there will be 2K-3K at all the home games as the ladies deserve the support. Then if you have never seen a womens college basketball game it is more entertaining than you might think. I encourage all Lamar supporter to give it a try at least one time.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami