Dayton without Delasbour

JS

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="880156" timestamp="1287451743"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=74626.msg880128#msg880128 date=1287450907]
Went to practice today,no JD but he's ok just a little bruised and a sm.cut over his rt. eye as I saw him and spoke w/him @ Thrif-Tee in Dayton later.He will play some in the Crosby game but prolly none this week vs.NF.
[/quote]
Good to hear he's ok. Better to hear he will play against Crosby! ;D
[/quote]

UM i think you did that wrong. Its more important that hes ok than that hes playing a football game.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="880281" timestamp="1287456846"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=74626.msg880156#msg880156 date=1287451743]
Went to practice today,no JD but he's ok just a little bruised and a sm.cut over his rt. eye as I saw him and spoke w/him @ Thrif-Tee in Dayton later.He will play some in the Crosby game but prolly none this week vs.NF.
[/quote]
Great to hear he's ok. Glad he will be able to compete with his peers again so quickly! ;D
[/quote]

UM i think you did that wrong. Its more important that hes ok than that hes playing a football game.
[/quote]
You're right. That didn't come out the way I thunk it! Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="880372" timestamp="1287463559"]
Gamal Fowler will rise to the occassion if given the opportunity and the ball comes his way. He seems to catch just about everything that is thrown to him and we know he can do well after the catch, just needs more touches on the ball.  ;D
[/quote] Yep  ;)

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="880372" timestamp="1287463559"]
Gamal Fowler will rise to the occassion if given the opportunity and the ball comes his way. He seems to catch just about everything that is thrown to him and we know he can do well after the catch, just needs more touches on the ball.  ;D
[/quote]
McBride is ready to carry some of the load. Good chance to see what he gots when everyone is keying on JD in the future.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="880265" timestamp="1287455893"]
[/quote]

he have stitches? because that might be why they don't want him to play. helmet + stitches = bad idea.

Dayton shouldn't need him against NF, however itll be interesting to see how the offense clicks. i expect it to be mroe like [b]38/35-0 instead of the normal 50-7/0 [/b] [/quote]

I think it'll be high 40's or fifty is Stewart lets it go there.

Man am I glad to hear this kid is ok.  There's a game to be played and smack to be talked, but it sure felt like a punch in the gut when I heard about this.  Regardless of football, when a kid at that age is seriously injured we all hurt knowing how much life they have in front of them. 

[quote name="Backflipper" post="880836" timestamp="1287519198"]
Well the soph.'s have had plenty of reps this year thanks to BH, GP, and Lee. I think we will be fine, Stewart has this under control. Trust me!
[/quote]

Garbage time vs. start of game are two very different things. It's easy to run on a team after your good back has worn them down for 3 quarters, if you remember the Steelers used to do that with Willie Parker and Jerome Bettis.

Jerome would run for 2 quarters then parker would get about 10 carries.

Im just saying you'll learn a little bit about the offense. however i still don't see NF scoring on Dayton.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="881022" timestamp="1287531059"]
[quote author=Backflipper link=topic=74626.msg880836#msg880836 date=1287519198]
Well the soph.'s have had plenty of reps this year thanks to BH, GP, and Lee. I think we will be fine, Stewart has this under control. Trust me!
[/quote]

Garbage time vs. start of game are two very different things. It's easy to run on a team after your good back has worn them down for 3 quarters, if you remember the Steelers used to do that with Willie Parker and Jerome Bettis.

Jerome would run for 2 quarters then parker would get about 10 carries.

Im just saying you'll learn a little bit about the offense. however i still don't see NF scoring on Dayton.
[/quote]
Your right but JD has been making about 2 qrts in the last 2 games. So garbage time has been starting about half way through the 2nd QRT. McBride is a soph and when he starts getting his reps Marcain the QB is in and is a soph also. He is a little less decisive than Herrea and the defenses really start selling out for the run because they do not see him as a passing threat. That makes it a little harder come "garbage time".

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder