Dayton without Delasbour

JS

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="879351" timestamp="1287403906"]
Jakari is expected to make a full recovery but I am hearing that he will be out for at least four weeks. This certainly makes the Broncos vulnerable--lets hope he can be ready for the play-offs.
[/quote]

Kirbyville will be praying for the young man for a full recovery...Man what a tough year it has been for High School Football,Don't think I remember one this bad...

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="879351" timestamp="1287403906"]
Jakari is expected to make a full recovery but I am hearing that he will be out for at least four weeks. This certainly makes the Broncos vulnerable--lets hope he can be ready for the play-offs.
[/quote]

It goes without saying that we're all glad he's still with us, period.

I agree, it does make us vulnerable. But if we can run the table (I'd be ecstatic)or go 2-1 the rest of district I'd be very happy. Now we've just gotta lean on another part of our offense. What a homerun threat we lose though.

I think McBride has proved and will continue to prove to be a serviceable replacement assuming he plays. Also, I would guess we'll see a larger load put on Herrera and our receivers, as well as more touches for X. I really think our passing game is more capable than we know...

If we can get him back for playoffs though, we might be better for the adversity.

Straight up Coach Stewart is all about winning but 1st and foremost he's about kids. He believes there are no bad kids just kids put into bad situations.I seriously doubt coach would allow JK to play anytime soon but he will make ajustments and tweek the offense and it'll be alright as this is a team.No superstars needed ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="879409" timestamp="1287409920"]
Straight up Coach Stewart is all about winning but 1st and foremost he's about kids. He believes there are no bad kids just kids put into bad situations.I seriously doubt coach would allow JK to play anytime soon but he will make ajustments and tweek the offense and it'll be alright as this is a team.No superstars needed ;)
[/quote]Well said liltex ;)

[/quote]
Agree and Stewart is the master of getting the most out of kids. He pushes them from the bottom of the roster to the top.

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="879432" timestamp="1287410980"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=74626.msg879409#msg879409 date=1287409920]
[/quote]
Agree and Stewart is the master of getting the most out of kids. He pushes them from the bottom of the roster to the top.
[/quote] Thats one of the things that makes him a great coach. I was told a story just the other day about Stewart. A student from DHS was getting in and out of trouble making bad choices etc.. Stewart stepped in said he just needed a place to belong. Put the boy on the football team, and the kid has made a complete turn around.

Guest whoabroncos09
Straight up Coach Stewart is all about winning but 1st and foremost he's about kids. He believes there are no bad kids just kids put into bad situations.I seriously doubt coach would allow JK to play anytime soon but he will make ajustments and tweek the offense and it'll be alright as [b]this is a team.No superstars needed[/b] ;)
[/quote]
And that is exactly why Coach Stewart took the names off the back of their jerseys. Just like you said Coach cares about the boys before winning, and JD will be back when he is healthy again.

We'd all like to "believe" that the Broncos can suck it up and win without JD, but it's going to be tough. North Forest and King...sure probably. Crosby, maybe. Playofffs, doubtful. JD is [b]THE[/b] hoss on this team. The team relys on him for the big play. The offense is not balanced enough to be effective without him.

Go back and look at the games. The only time the Broncos punt is when JD doesn't break one or they choose not to go to him that series. Can anyone remember a first down made by any other player? Possibly Baldwin on a bubble screen. But that's been a while. One or two passes to other players for first downs this whole season. I'm not talking about trash time here either. Strangely enough, there has been several TD passes to other players, just not many for drive sustaining first downs. There are other talented players no doubt, just not on his level, and not utilized enough. (IMO) Hopefully you're right Dayton, this will force the offense to adapt and be better in the long run for it. Good point.

Bottom line is, this offense just lost over half it's production. Here's to a speedy recovery!  8)

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="879797" timestamp="1287430974"]
We'd all like to "believe" that the Broncos can suck it up and win without JD, but it's going to be tough. North Forest and King...sure probably. Crosby, maybe. Playofffs, doubtful. JD is [b]THE[/b] hoss on this team. The team relys on him for the big play. The offense is not balanced enough to be effective without him.

Go back and look at the games. The only time the Broncos punt is when JD doesn't break one or they choose not to go to him that series. Can anyone remember a first down made by any other player? Possibly Baldwin on a bubble screen. But that's been a while. One or two passes to other players for first downs this whole season. I'm not talking about trash time here either. Strangely enough, there has been several TD passes to other players, just not many for drive sustaining first downs. There are other talented players no doubt, just not on his level, and not utilized enough. (IMO) Hopefully you're right Dayton, this will force the offense to adapt and be better in the long run for it. Good point.

Bottom line is, this offense just lost over half it's production. Here's to a speedy recovery!  8)
[/quote]
Hate to say it but your right. We are not a chain moving team but better learn how. Watch #15 McBride only a soph, doesnt have the top end but is hard to bring down and could be that "chain mover" we are going to need. One good thing is we have the D for those grind it out games. Got a feeling JD will be back for playoffs but how long will it take to knock the rust off?

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="879797" timestamp="1287430974"]

[/quote]I agree that JD is the man on this team OFFENSIVELY, but just like you said we have alot of weapons on this team that may only touch the ball one time a game. I think this will allow them to get some touches and show what they can do. This will make it very hard for a team to prepare for us down the road. I think Lil McBride has the potential to be a difference maker if given the chance. Will take the load off of JD when teams start to just key on him. Also Fowler, we have got to throw to this kid more. He has great hands and can make a play anytime he touches it. Nations will have know choice, but  to start spreading the wealth now that JD is taking a break. A much needed one the way he has been racking up the yards. I want even talk about the defense. They do the talking for them selves.(PHYSICAL)

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="879818" timestamp="1287432218"]
So do u move X to RB and McBride to REC or keep X at REC and start McBride at RB. Also lets put it in Rips hands in short yardage just to see what happens ???
[/quote]I will keep X at REC and let Lil Mac move to RB. I agree get out of shotgun on short yardage and give it to Rip or even Wright.(Alot of TALENT every where on this team.) Trust I think we will be Ok. We got four weeks to work on it. This well oil machine just needs a  oil change.

Valid points 92. I said at the beginning of the season that Fowler would be the play maker for this team. Just hasn't materialized since Jakari has done so well. Mcbride shows heart and potential. I just don't see him carrying this team yet. Maybe next year though.

Defense is still there. But we all have seen that if left on the field too long they are vulnerable too. (Angelton, Ike) They are great but not invincable. The offense has to help them out.

They'll probably just rotate Baldwin and McBride in at RB and change the play calling a little and hope for the best.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="879825" timestamp="1287432858"]
Valid points 92. I said at the beginning of the season that Fowler would be the play maker for this team. Just hasn't materialized since Jakari has done so well. Mcbride shows heart and potential. I just don't see him carrying this team yet. Maybe next year though.

Defense is still there. But we all have seen that if left on the field too long they are vulnerable too. (Angelton, Ike) They are great but not invincable. The offense has to help them out.

They'll probably just rotate Baldwin and McBride in at RB and change the play calling a little and hope for the best.
[/quote]
I know the coaches will adjust. They always do.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="879825" timestamp="1287432858"]

[/quote]I am not at all saying Mac is ready to carry this team but he can take alot of the weight off if used. The same with Fowler. I think Fowler is more ready than Mac because of the experience. Again neither of these kids will be able to replace the production and explosiveness that JD brought to this team but together I think we are very dangerous because you don't know who will get it. We will not face another team until maybe brenham that will have the spead and size of those teams we faced in those forst three games. With that being said I don't see the D wearing down. If anything we will wear a oofense down by how physical we are. This team really bring the hat. I know Dayton has all ways had some defenses that will hit but it has been a long time since I have seen them do it like this.

Just going to point out couple things.. being good in space and good at hitting holes are 2 different things. Hope you guys figure it out fast because we want daytons best shot... so when we win their won't be any excuses.

Herrea is going to have to do far mroe for your team than hes doing now, and thats gonna mean more chances for other defenses to make plays against you. great running backs allow for 2 things
1) Control the game late (3rd, 4th when you put finishing touches on teams)
2) Keep you from needing to pass on third down. (statistically when most interceptions occur 1st and 3rd down... a RB is vital to prevent that.

Also some other things to realize, if you can't run the ball consistently (not saying you can't just pointing out an if) your defense isn't going to look as good.

The cougs are tell tells of this, we've made a bunch of changes on defense that have helped alot, the game against GP we had an issue with scoring TOO fast and thus our defense was on the field a long time. They played well in the first quarter, then struggled in the second and thrid, a big drive that took like 4-6 mins then they were rested and came out and won the game. Defenses always are better and look better when they are on the field very little.

I believe Shannahan used to say, your defense always looks good 3 plays at a time. =P.

Dunno just a view outside of the cloister.

[quote name="liltex" post="880128" timestamp="1287450907"]
Went to practice today,no JD but he's ok just a little bruised and a sm.cut over his rt. eye as I saw him and spoke w/him @ Thrif-Tee in Dayton later.He will play some in the Crosby game but prolly none this week vs.NF.
[/quote]
Great to hear he's ok. Also glad that he will be able to return so quick!

[quote name="liltex" post="880128" timestamp="1287450907"]
Went to practice today,no JD but he's ok just a little bruised and a sm.cut over his rt. eye as I saw him and spoke w/him @ Thrif-Tee in Dayton later.He will play some in the Crosby game but prolly none this week vs.NF.
[/quote]

he have stitches? because that might be why they don't want him to play. helmet + stitches = bad idea.

Dayton shouldn't need him against NF, however itll be interesting to see how the offense clicks. i expect it to be mroe like 38/35-0 instead of the normal 50-7/0

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83