Scores 10/12

Guest 1978

Never thought I'd post on the volleyball page, but see that the score is not posted yet.  The mighty Lady Eagles of BH defeated the Lady Cougars of Crosby in 5 games, creating a tie for first place in 19-4A.  BH was down 0-2 and  was looking pretty weak, but came back strong to sweep the next 3 to take the win.  Nice job.

[quote name="picnroll" post="873670" timestamp="1286942994"]
Evadale 3 Colmesneil 2
(21-25,25-13,25-17,13-25,18-16)

Colmesneil JV 2 Evadale JV 0
[/quote]

Great win last night for the Lady Rebels. The difficult preseason is paying off big time as the Lady Rebels are 5-0 in district, have punched their ticket to the playoffs and are in great shape to do no worse than tie for the district championship. They also defeated a ranked team which has to be a huge confidence builder for the team!

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="873760" timestamp="1286975273"]
[quote author=picnroll link=topic=74363.msg873670#msg873670 date=1286942994]
Evadale 3 Colmesneil 2

[/quote]

Great win last night for the Lady Rebels. The difficult preseason is paying off big time as the Lady Rebels are 5-0 in district, have punched their ticket to the playoffs and are in great shape to do no worse than tie for the district championship. They also defeated a ranked team which has to be a huge confidence builder for the team!
[/quote]

A great plus for the Lady Rebs was the fan support. The fans provided the inspiration and the environment to make the Lady Rebel Gym a feared place to play. Nice to see the support of the boys in the stands in means a lot to the VB Team

NEVER GIVE UP---NEVER GIVE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was really a factor last nite. I dont think I have heard that much noise at a volleyball game in a long time.
Both teams really put on a show and played very hard all the way. Its just nice to see the other athletes support the girls and I have to say the fans in Evadale support every activity at the school not just sports but all activities its just a great atmosphere for small school in the area.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="873760" timestamp="1286975273"]
[quote author=picnroll link=topic=74363.msg873670#msg873670 date=1286942994]
Evadale 3 Colmesneil 2

[/quote]

[/quote]

With Colmesneil being ranked #20 and Evadale being ranked #22 in the state this was a great matchup. It was hard fought on both sides and the atmosphere certainly had a playoff feel. If you missed the game you missed seeing some great athletes at work. I can't wait for these two teams to have a rematch. It will be the last game of the district season and promises to be another battle.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="873604" timestamp="1286938582"]
Never thought I'd post on the volleyball page, but see that the score is not posted yet.  The mighty Lady Eagles of BH defeated the Lady Cougars of Crosby in 5 games, creating a tie for first place in 19-4A.  BH was down 0-2 and  was looking pretty weak, but came back strong to sweep the next 3 to take the win.  Nice job.
[/quote]

Great match!  I thought after the match that BH had played up to their potential in the final three games.  Hope they remember what they were doing right when the playoffs get here.  Hats off to Crosby who doesn't appear to have a player over 5' 9", and yet plays every point tough.  I hope these two teams play for the one seed in the playoffs.  Can't wait to see the tie breaker.

Go eagles!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami