Anyone Seen Huntsville?

HUM398

Humble squares off with them this week, and i really have no idea what to expect from them.  They struggled out the gate, but they did do better then i thought they would against Brenham.

Humble struggled out of the gate as well, we didn't have a QB until the dobie game.  And our offense was constantly sputtering up until the caney creek game when it seemed as if our offensive line just started executing better and our starting QB settled down.

our defense is pretty good, id say in the top 5 in the area easily. Top 25 in the state.  Physical, fast, and execute pretty well.  Our biggest strength is our Defensive line, who features one of the top DT prospects in Paul Boyette (who along with Brown, and Magee is being evaluated by Texas).

Im looking forward to this match up, but would love to hear what the Hornets have to offer.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="873085" timestamp="1286900327"]
BrenhamFan may be able to give some insight. They played Huntsville in Week 0 and beat them 28-2.

Some of the Livingston fans may be able to give you a scouting report as they also played Huntsville, beating them 40-21.
[/quote]

I saw both of those scores, so i have a little to derive from.

I am assuming they are having trouble stopping the run, as i look through the games every team with the exception of Summer Creek had average to above average success on the ground against them. 

They seem to have rebounded from the bad start though, so its tough to say i guess.

I look forward to the game, Its Homecoming for us...and the Boys want a District title....badly.  They have looked really good in the execution department over the last 4 weeks defensively...and the offense has finally picked up and coming into form. 

I guess we will see what happens, this is an old rivalry with Huntsville...a game that has usually been pretty close, but Humble has rarely come on top of..

[quote name="playa" post="873109" timestamp="1286902201"]
Huntsville is not as good as the last couple of years.  Stop #4 (slot reciever and wildcat guy) and make sure # 80 is covered and your good.  I dont think Humble will have a problem with them.  Ive seen both. 
[/quote]

Is #4 Ford? 

7:22 and i'm just getting up, but i'm here to give you what information I can.

I think #4 was Ford, but I could be wrong.  They have a descent LB. (i think his name is something Brooks)   As for how we did against them, our offense didn't look good at all that game. (probably cuz it was the first game and we were trying new things out) Now our defense, shut them down.  They couldn't pass, and the little success they did have was on runs and draws.  Their QB (Hazelwood) seemed very nervous and made bad decisions while being blitzed.  Seemed like he was easily rattled.  They look better now, but i'm pretty sure we could beat them by more than 28 if we played them again.  They arnt as good as they have been in the last couple of years.  They really miss Gilbert, and it shows.  Hope this helps.  

Having watched both i think it'll be a tight ballgame. IMO, Huntsville's Defensive line is the strength of their defense.. From what I've seen they're physical up front and fly to the ball. Offensively, Humble has the edge, kicking game i think is equal, both have good kickers..Huntsville will pooch it more than humble will. I just believe it'll be a close game. Being played at turner stadium sure won't hurt any.

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="873839" timestamp="1286980360"]
Having watched both i think it'll be a tight ballgame. IMO, Huntsville's Defensive line is the strength of their defense.. From what I've seen they're physical up front and fly to the ball. Offensively, Humble has the edge, kicking game i think is equal, both have good kickers..Huntsville will pooch it more than humble will. I just believe it'll be a close game. Being played at turner stadium sure won't hurt any.
[/quote]

i can buy that.  Although i would argue that our Defensive line is by far biggest strength.

I know that Huntsville has a beast of a NG,  but our defensive line is pretty stacked...and deep.

Im interested on how they will match up against our D-lline.  DT Paul Boyette and DT Zorell Ezell our easily our strongest pieces on the defensive line.  1 or 2 of them demand a double team.  Especially Boyette.  Kid is 6'3 275 and runs a 4.9.  Zorell is also just a load, he will easily dominate any single blocker. 

We also have the Skill players to run with Huntsville.  We won't be out athleted. 

Im ready to see how we stack up against a formiable opponent.

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="874444" timestamp="1287063327"]
which one is #50 & which one is #19?
[/quote]

#50 is Paul Boyette.  #19 is Kyndal Hill.

Kyndal has been a little dissapointing this year.  he is more of a contain type DE.  They generally run away from him, so in that aspect i guess he is doing alright.

our defensive ancors in our front four are #44, and #50. (44 is Zorell Ezell). Id say our best DE is Mark Armstead.  Our LB unit is pretty deep and athletic, We don't really have true starters as we rotate between 3 guys.  #31 Charles woods (5'11 185) # 42 Devonta Smith (6'0 190), and # 26 Greg Bledsoe (6'1 200lbs).

Our secondary is  centered around two players, #2 FS Brison Burris (6'0 180) and #24 SS/CB Alphonso Harleston (6'2 190lbs).  The rest of the secondary rotates for fresh legs.  #4 is generally on number 1's, and we have a position we call "CAT" which is played by #10 Cliff Thomas- who is an abouslte head hunter.

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="874481" timestamp="1287065578"]
yeah, I was impressed with the secondary, the lbs looked pretty good and yeah you're right #19 looked marshmellow soft. I guess his height scares people off, but he is not physical at all.
[/quote]

#19 rotates with #34...who is an upgrade...6'2 220lbs...kids a beast.  Can play linebacker too.

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="874493" timestamp="1287066756"]
This weekend should be interesting for that district, humble & huntsville play & then I think willis & caney creek play...big weekend for the district teams in the playoff hunt.
[/quote]

Willis should handle Caney Creek.  Just outscore them, and stop #5.

That isn't much of a game. Caney Creek is just slow.

Kpark didn't really match up well, they weren't athetlic enough to overcome their lack of defensive execution

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="874502" timestamp="1287067671"]
Yeah, that one caught me off guard. I thought Kingwood Park would be a better team this year than what they've shown. Willis has the skill kids to compete with humble & huntsville, but not sure about everything else.
[/quote]

It will come down to who wants it more.  Humble Willis and Huntsville are by far head and shoulders better then the rest of this district. 

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="878935" timestamp="1287357349"]
well, I sure was wrong!! 42-7 is NOT what I expected. I went to watch Pearland play, but was amazed when I heard the score. OK HUm398, you mustve been at the game...tell me what happened.
[/quote]

Huntsville was just not good enough to beat us.  We out played them in ever facet of the game, and it was evident that we were just flat out better.  I can't think of anything they really could of done to change the course of that game.  if we lined up and played them 10 times, we would win by a similar margin every time.

We scored on the first play from scrimmage because they lined up on us showing man coverage.....why would you line up against a team that is bigger faster and stronger then you in man coverage....they asked us to beat them, and we did.

We held them without a first down almost the entire first half...they had maybe 2.  The 2nd half they were able to have a little more success on the ground, and then we put in our reserves late in the 3rd...they scored with like 19 seconds left on the clock on a blown coverage by a 3rd string DB.

To be honest, i am not sure what to say?  Is this the best 18-4a has to offer?  I hope Willis gives us more of a challange, they match up a little better athletically...So they take away the Athletic advantage.

i was also pretty shocked at how much bigger we were across the board then Huntsville.

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="879211" timestamp="1287368960"]
wow, guess they learned the hardway about playing y'all man coverage. Who y'all got next & is every body healthy?
[/quote]

Yeah.  they really did, and the thing is they never adjusted for it.  They just kept asking for more. 

We are all healthy, and we face off with K-Park.  A team that i am really having a trouble reading.  thought they were pretty good, but then lost to Caney Creek.  So i don't really know what to think of them.  I want to think they are better then Huntsville, but Huntsville man handled Caney Creek.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83