Hardin vs. East Chambers Game Thread/EC Wins/Comments

Hardin needs someone to kick extra points too!  PLus we need work on defense,  arm tackling not going toward to ball carrier, grabbing at players, just HIT them! , just drives me crazy, err crazier maybe.

Hardins JV QB just got moved there last week and did a great job. One of the recievers catching the ball was the QB 2 weeks ago.  Lots of talent coming up. But we need defense work.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree our defense needs the most work, if you start hitting your opponents then you can wear them down. I know we are not that big, so you have to take what you have and make it work no matter what. The defense has to put pressure on the QB when needed. Arm tackling and pulling guys down will not cut the mustard. I think our guy recovered pretty well considering the loss last week, but you have to win. Two point conversions are essential or at least develop a good kicker, one who can kick a field goal when needed or extra point when critical. Joyner does a good job he just needs a little more. I know we lost Stephens (4) and he was a defensive player who could get to the ball and make things happen, just need someone else to get in there and take up the slack. I didn't get to see the game, but listened to the last quarter. I still don't agree with all the on side kicks either. With little time on the clock boot the ball way down field make them have to play harder for the yardage and eat the clock. The game could have went into OT. Oh well can't replay the game but still room to improve. Good job Bucs and way to hang in there Hornets. Keep up the good work.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="7376HORNET" post="870274" timestamp="1286632172"]
I know we are not that big....,
[/quote]

Someone mentioned this before the game, too. I can tell you there is no way Hardin was smaller than EC. No way at all. I stood by the sideline fence and watched a few plays, and I can say with no doubts on average, Hardin was larger than EC. The line (except for one Hornet) was larger, and the receivers and backs, too. The only Bucs larger was our QB compared to yours, and our TE. Our RB was the smallest guy on the field, but that didn't bother him much at all!  ;) 

Not saying EC was bigger, but no matter how big or small either team is - it is the development of what you get the player to do with what he has to work with. We just need to get better at execution on defense and make every play count. I know we have come a long way in a few short years and I want to see more on the defensive side of the ball. You can have a great offense, but with no defense you will get beat all day long. More defensive development needs to happen for us to compete. DEFENSE - DEFENSE - DEFENSE. Compete and being a contender should be the goal.

Guest baseball25
Uh oh we got a hater in the building!!!! I guess when u have had only 2 losing season as a head coach in 24 yrs and has over 140 wins I guess ur a bad coach, expecially when he got moslty all those wins in 5a and 4a

[quote name="baseball25" post="870494" timestamp="1286651527"]
Uh oh we got a hater in the building!!!! I guess when u have had only 2 losing season as a head coach in 24 yrs and has over 140 wins I guess ur a bad coach, expecially when he got moslty all those wins in 5a and 4a
[/quote] Dont have a dog in the hunt,but why Would a coach that has a winning record in 4 and 5a be at a 2a town?? That would be like Wade comming and coaching at WOS ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder