**Ozen at Vidor Broadcast/Vidor Wins/Comments**

Guest JoesBros

[quote name="aries456" post="870101" timestamp="1286601404"]
Is that the first time an official has had a microphone on him for a Vidor game? I don't think I've ever seen a high school ref have one, and I've been to my fair share of high school football games...
[/quote]

I have been to 3 games this year where the Refs had mics.... 1st one was in Kirbyville.... 2nd one was in Lumberton... and 3rd was tonight... who would of thunk it that Vidor would have mic set up for Refs.....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Cutlass, Last week we threw the ball 5 times in the first half including the first play of the game.  This week we threw 2 times in the  first half.  You get razzed about your remarks because alot of times, they are inaccurate.  You have every right to say what you want to say, please just make sure what you are saying makes sense.

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="870165" timestamp="1286605316"]
Great game. A defensive game in the first half and an offensive score fest in the second half. I liked the way we came out throwing early and not waiting until the fourth quarter to try and score with the pass. Once the run started working in the second half we stuck with it. Some had some crass remarks about me saying that we should pass earlier after the Lumberton game last week. But, what do you know? It worked for a score to a wide-open receiver. I guess some of that "Monday QB/Coach" ain't much of an insult now is it? (Yeah, you know who you are.  ;D) It is called stating the obvious.
And, while the defense did get lax in the third quarter, they didn't give up and got the game into a winnable situation in the fourth. While I agree with Comeaux about the arm tackles, we got a lot of sophomores out there and they are improving. Should make for an interesting next two seasons...
Let's get ready for the Bears next Friday.

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!
[/quote]  Sorry Sat. morning QB.  And we all know who you are ::)

[quote name="Coach Parker" post="870231" timestamp="1286628484"]
Actually Cutlass, Last week we threw the ball 5 times in the first half including the first play of the game.  This week we threw 2 times in the  first half.  You get razzed about your remarks because alot of times, they are inaccurate.  You have every right to say what you want to say, please just make sure what you are saying makes sense.
[/quote]

No looking at stats makes to much sense.  But Im sure he will have some more great advise for the coaches next week.  See,  the coaches listened to him last week and look what happened.  ::)  Man sign him up.  :P

VIDOR UNDEFEATED AT FOR OVER A YEAR NOW!! we have a 2010 playoff bound team. and i love how most people outside of vidor (and a few jerks inside vidor) said [u][i][b]we would not win a single game. they said "who will vidor beat?" well we beat your expectations!!! hahaha i love it.[/b][/i][/u] go vidor keep goin strong. i was at the game last night, and despite a few injuries to key players, including Dozier, we still overcame a tough ozen team. good luck pirates i am in, and always will be no matter how many naysayers we have, full support till we are through with the playoffs.

[quote name="vidorSDMF" post="870425" timestamp="1286642555"]
VIDOR UNDEFEATED AT FOR OVER A YEAR NOW!! we have a 2010 playoff bound team. and i love how most people outside of vidor (and a few jerks inside vidor) said [u][i][b]we would not win a single game. they said "who will vidor beat?" well we beat your expectations!!! hahaha i love it.[/b][/i][/u] go vidor keep goin strong. i was at the game last night, and despite a few injuries to key players, including Dozier, we still overcame a tough ozen team. good luck pirates i am in, and always will be no matter how many naysayers we have, full support till we are through with the playoffs.
[/quote]
Nice come from behind win last night for sure, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, the meat of the schedule is coming up, LCM, Central, PNG and Livingston.  Could easily be looking  at all 4 20-4A playoff representatives right there.

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="870453" timestamp="1286646027"]
[quote author=vidorSDMF link=topic=74128.msg870425#msg870425 date=1286642555]
[/quote]
Nice come from behind win last night for sure, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, the meat of the schedule is coming up, LCM, Central, PNG and Livingston.  Could easily be looking  at all 4 20-4A playoff representatives right there.
[/quote]Good post Tim...We will have to atleast split with these 4.Gonna be tough! We will see what we are made of for sure.

well i will be the first to admit vidor has surprised me with the win against nederland and ozen. who is the #5 kid and where has he been all year looks like vidor may have found a running back that runs the ball hard. The rest of the schedule will be tough for vidor to make a playoff run but with the way things have went in this district you never know.

[quote name="piratedad1977" post="870550" timestamp="1286656109"]
Hey rusted cutlass....don't you need to run some papers off...i told you a long time ago we don't need you as a fan, go find some other team to criticize.
[/quote]

Sounds like another fan  ;D ;D  He likes the nickname I gave him, even though he cant quote me right.  But he doesnt like the criticism much.  I bet the coaches get tired of it too.  Imagine that.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="870521" timestamp="1286654477"]
well i will be the first to admit vidor has surprised me with the win against nederland and ozen. who is the #5 kid and where has he been all year looks like vidor may have found a running back that runs the ball hard. The rest of the schedule will be tough for vidor to make a playoff run but with the way things have went in this district you never know.
[/quote]

#5 is Josh Richards. The reason he isn't starting is because he wanted to be on defense this year. Yes he is a great running back and i agree he does need some more run time. The only reason he was getting some playing time this year is because we have been having some injury and sickness problems with our running backs. He is the only senior running back we have returning from last year. And with Clark going to the hospital i think J.R. will definitely get some more running time. I look forward to see what he can do with some of the tougher teams.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="870878" timestamp="1286674617"]
I forgot to give a big congrats out to Greg Buford.  He started at QB last night and was great.  That touch down throw was great even though he knew he was going to get smoked after he let it go.  Great job Greg.  ;)
[/quote]

That was a PERFECT throw. Amazing spiral and placement.

[quote name="aries456" post="871134" timestamp="1286689475"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=74128.msg870878#msg870878 date=1286674617]
I forgot to give a big congrats out to Greg Buford.  He started at QB last night and was great.  That touch down throw was great even though he knew he was going to get smoked after he let it go.  Great job Greg.  ;)
[/quote]

That was a PERFECT throw. Amazing spiral and placement.
[/quote]

How old is this kid?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder