LaceDarius Dunn arrested for allegedly breaking girlfriend's jaw

"Darling acknowledged that Dunn did indeed punch his client in the face one time after "she got up in his face arguing."

he hit her, she just doesn't want to press charges, and neither does her dad.  why would they?  he's most likely playing in the NBA next season... so, what's the big deal if he breaks a jaw every now and then!

[quote name="bullets13" post="873199" timestamp="1286908922"]
"Darling acknowledged that Dunn did indeed punch his client in the face one time after "she got up in his face arguing."

he hit her, she just doesn't want to press charges, and neither does her dad.  why would they?  he's most likely playing in the NBA next season... so, what's the big deal if he breaks a jaw every now and then!
[/quote]

It all goes back to the fact that athletes are held to a lower standard than the rest of the word. The get to screw up and get second chances. Any guy who would hit a woman in the face (who isn't imminently threatening his life, of course) is a worthless thug. Look at Braylon Edwards. He got pulled over for DWI, was over twice the legal limit and he doesn't lose his 7-figure job, yet any other blue-collar American would get fired upon their employer given notice. If anyone ever broke my daughter's jaw you can bet I would be pressing charges, or breaking his jaw.

[quote name="Sea Aggie" post="873458" timestamp="1286931281"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=74032.msg873199#msg873199 date=1286908922]

[/quote]

It all goes back to the fact that athletes are held to a lower standard than the rest of the word. The get to screw up and get second chances. Any guy who would hit a woman in the face (who isn't imminently threatening his life, of course) is a worthless thug. Look at Braylon Edwards. He got pulled over for DWI, was over twice the legal limit and he doesn't lose his 7-figure job, yet any other blue-collar American would get fired upon their employer given notice. If anyone ever broke my daughter's jaw you can bet I would be pressing charges, or breaking his jaw.
[/quote]

The last sentence is my point I'm pretty sure if there was an issue here her dad would be irate no dads going to let someone beat on their daughter

[quote name="bullets13" post="873998" timestamp="1286995662"]
let's assume dad is dirt poor.  now let's assume LaceDarius is about to be a millionaire.  now let's try to figure out why dad might not make too big of a deal about Lacey beating up on his daughter a bit.
[/quote]

I'm sorry but I have too much pride to play it like that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder