ask the refs

hitman009

a call has been bothering me all week.... in the houson vs dallas game...
pass interference in the endzone give a automatic first down...
if there are two unsportsman penilites AFTER the play which off set..
why would it not be 1st and goal from the 1????
why did they replay the down??
just wondering... any refs want to inform me please...

There were not two unsportsman calls after that play. (i dont think) but even if so, that was not the reason they had to redo the play. The reason is because the right tackle had a holding call on him on that same play. So the holding and pass interference somehow cancelled each other out. I didnt understand it either but I know there was a hold.

personally, i think all the flags should act on the plays they are committed.

if there is a 15 yard face mask on the defense and a 10 yard holding call on the offense, the offense should be "given" 5 yards and have a replay of the down.... but thats just my opinion on it...

not all penalties are as severe as the other and shouldn't be cosidered equal... idk...

idk if that made sense or not but i tried, lol.

I remember watching a game a few years ago where the defense had 3 15 yard penalties against them on one play ("hands to the face", "leg whip", and "facemask" I think) while the offense had a five yard penalty (illegal motion - two men in motion) on the same play. Penalties offset and the down was replayed. This is a perfect example of why penalties should be added instead of offsetting.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83