Lumberton Raider Football Injury Bug

luvublue

Been out of town for a while and trying to check on my raider football team. Heard they had a great start to the season, but that last weeks game was pretty tough. Talked to some friends that went to the game and said that we have several kids hurt. I was just wondering if we are going to get any of these kids back anytime soon, espicially the mouton kid.

[quote name="Raider81" post="859822" timestamp="1285681584"]
Is it just my imagination, or is Lumberton just not dressing out as many players as other teams in the area?
[/quote]

Lumberton doesn't have the enrollment size that the other 20-4A schools do. Things will change when Texas goes to the 6A addition.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/02-10/4A_fb_enroll.pdf

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="hitman009" post="860765" timestamp="1285780103"]
heard one kid had a torn acl, mcl, pcl and cartledge. i think he is out for the year and baseball as well
[/quote]

if he did that he'd have trouble walking. forget sports lol.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="860816" timestamp="1285783484"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=73617.msg860765#msg860765 date=1285780103]
heard one kid had a torn acl, mcl, pcl and cartledge. i think he is out for the year and baseball as well
[/quote]

[/quote]some of these comments on here at the expense of injured players are classless! forget sports??? forget you!  ???

[/quote]

If this is true,  my heart goes out to this young man.  He is in for a long recovery period.  Hopefully a full recover.  Hope he is not a senior because that would be devastating.  Good luck to you son and god speed in your recovery.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="860924" timestamp="1285791721"]
[/quote]

If this is true,  my heart goes out to this young man.  He is in for a long recovery period.  Hopefully a full recover.  Hope he is not a senior because that would be devastating.  Good luck to you son and god speed in your recovery.
[/quote]how true, and that is exactly how I feel! nothing humorous about a kid putting in all the hard work to only be out for the season, I also noticed the similarity in the 2 posters who made those comments, don't worry friday will be a battle with lumberton on top!

Guest blackflag
[quote name="mytwocents" post="860816" timestamp="1285783484"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Horrible ! Not funny @ all. I wish these young men a full and speedy recovery.

[quote name="dont tread on me" post="860954" timestamp="1285793825"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=73617.msg860924#msg860924 date=1285791721]
[/quote]

[/quote]how true, and that is exactly how I feel! nothing humorous about a kid putting in all the hard work to only be out for the season, I also noticed the similarity in the 2 posters who made those comments, don't worry friday will be a battle with lumberton on top!
[/quote]

Make no mistake I am a Pirate fan but never want to hear about injuries like this.  I hope he turns out ok.  I'll be there Friday to support my Pirates and hopefully we will come out with the win, but more importantly none of the boys come out of this game with any serious injuries.  Go Pirates.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="859700" timestamp="1285648084"]
The injuries while bad, thankfully haven't really affected the outcome much. The coach does a good job filling in where he loses players so far. We lost two in the first game and then it was one each in the next two games. Friday, #40 had gotten back into the game but got hurt again, he was originally hurt in game one.
[/quote]

Have to agree, Coach C does a good job with what he has!! It was my understanding that Mouton got hurt in practice on our week off and then played last Friday with a knee brace and got the big injury at LCM (heard that from a member of their church)? I know MRI was done early in the week, but not sure the outcome. Hope nothing too serious and can see him back Friday against Vidor, we could use his defense. I think that other three are for sure still out. Praying for a safe game with no injuries for BOTH teams! Good Luck boys!

[/quote]

This IS true! Heard that the Doc also said that that was the 2nd worst knee injury he had ever seen! Poor kid.

[quote name="dont tread on me" post="860726" timestamp="1285777044"]
[quote author=incognito link=topic=73617.msg860547#msg860547 date=1285762737]
I heard from a good source that after the LC-M game one Lumberton player fell asleep on an ice pack and got frostbite...... which will force him to miss at least two games. ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]    pretty stupid joke!
[/quote]

You seem a little irritable. Maybe you drank some bad prune juice, I don't know, but If I were you I'd stay away from sharp objects, lighters, and the sticky hard round things that fall off of gumtrees that hurt when you throw them, and high amounts of caffeine. I'm just sayin'

[quote name="incognito" post="861071" timestamp="1285803935"]
[quote author=dont tread on me link=topic=73617.msg860726#msg860726 date=1285777044]
[quote author=incognito link=topic=73617.msg860547#msg860547 date=1285762737]
I heard from a good source that after the LC-M game one Lumberton player fell asleep on an ice pack and got frostbite...... which will force him to miss at least two games. ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]    pretty stupid joke!
[/quote]

You seem a little irritable. Maybe you drank some bad prune juice, I don't know, but If I were you I'd stay away from sharp objects, lighters, and the sticky hard round things that fall off of gumtrees that hurt when you throw them, and high amounts of caffeine. I'm just sayin'

yep, when it comes to people running their mouths about players and injuries! and if you can justify your immature little joke, then I guess we all know your mentality. the best thing you can do is quit while you are ahead, sounds like the boy in you just wants a little attention  :D
[/quote]

Let me try to set the record straight here. First of all tread it was a joke about a fictitious player, a fictitious ice pack, and a fictitious frostbite. I'm sorry that you took it so seriously. I would never make a joke about a real kid with a real injury. I have a son playing varsity football, and he sustained an injury in a game a few years back that took him out for the entire season, so I understand first hand the pain and frustration that brings. In light of all the tragedy our area has struggled with lately I should have been more cautious with my attempt at humor. To any and every Lumberton fan that I may have offended I apologize. As for the players that have been injured my heart goes out to each and every one of them, I pray for a full and speedy recovery. And to all the members of SETXsports I know that sometimes we can get caught up in all the smack talk and rivalries and forget that we are dealing with real people with real feelings, I for one am sure going to try to remember that.[quote name="incognito" post="860547" timestamp="1285762737"]
[/quote]

[quote name="incognito" post="861647" timestamp="1285870190"]
Let me try to set the record straight here. First of all tread it was a joke about a fictitious player, a fictitious ice pack, and a fictitious frostbite. I'm sorry that you took it so seriously. I would never make a joke about a real kid with a real injury. I have a son playing varsity football, and he sustained an injury in a game a few years back that took him out for the entire season, so I understand first hand the pain and frustration that brings. In light of all the tragedy our area has struggled with lately I should have been more cautious with my attempt at humor. To any and every Lumberton fan that I may have offended I apologize. As for the players that have been injured my heart goes out to each and every one of them, I pray for a full and speedy recovery. And to all the members of SETXsports I know that sometimes we can get caught up in all the smack talk and rivalries and forget that we are dealing with real people with real feelings, I for one am sure going to try to remember that.[quote author=incognito link=topic=73617.msg860547#msg860547 date=1285762737]
[/quote]good recovery nito...Always hate to hear about injuries, especially when a team is hit this hard.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476