High Island @ Galveston O'Connell /H.I. Wins/Comments

Shackum

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="856924" timestamp="1285445701"]
Looks like the team has rallied from #20 injury. It is a shame that he will be out and I hope his surgery went well (I believe that it was this week?). Cards we will see you in six weeks on the Battlefield!
[/quote]

Yes his surgery was successful, in fact so successful that I think he put about a mile on those crutches last night going up and down the sideline and his voice had to be completely gone. James is a fighter and he will definately rally back sooner than later. It was nice to see the Cardinals fight for every yard and play good football against Galveston Oconnell, they had some mental errors and some things to work on but at the end of the night a win is a win, and they start work again on Monday getting ready for a good West Hardin team.

[quote name="SmackEmNdaFace" post="857089" timestamp="1285450861"]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=73428.msg856924#msg856924 date=1285445701]
Looks like the team has rallied from #20 injury. It is a shame that he will be out and I hope his surgery went well (I believe that it was this week?). Cards we will see you in six weeks on the Battlefield!
[/quote]

Yes his surgery was successful, in fact so successful that I think he put about a mile on those crutches last night going up and down the sideline and his voice had to be completely gone. James is a fighter and he will definately rally back sooner than later. It was nice to see the Cardinals fight for every yard and play good football against Galveston Oconnell, they had some mental errors and some things to work on but at the end of the night a win is a win, and they start work again on Monday getting ready for a good West Hardin team.
[/quote]

Glad to hear about James' surgery. Wishes for speedy recovery to a fine young man!

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="858068" timestamp="1285503454"]
[quote author=SmackEmNdaFace link=topic=73428.msg857089#msg857089 date=1285450861]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=73428.msg856924#msg856924 date=1285445701]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Glad to hear about James' surgery. Wishes for speedy recovery to a fine young man!
[/quote]

Thanks Yeller, and all those who have shown their support, it means a lot. It has been a rough and busy couple weeks.

Leli (James) was really, really, REALLY looking forward to the challenge of facing off with the Rebels this year. He was just coming into his own, and I was almost feeling sorry for him and myself for a season lost and what should have been his best year, but mostly, his Senior Year with teammates he loves.
His surgery took place on the Tuesday after the passing of Reggie Garrett, and thinking of Reggie reminded us so very quickly of how much we had to be thankful for. Leli's surgery went well, an amazing, well renowned Dr., and we received better than expected news. I am heartbroken for the Garrett Family, as we could only try to imagine what they have truly lost. Reggie was only 17, same age as Leli. When I saw Ms. Garrett on the news I was amazed by her strength , and can only pray to ever do as well for mine.
So Yeller, Leli looks forward to meeting you and your beloved Rebs on the field in a different but thankful capacity.

Reggie will remain in so many hearts for so many different reasons.
May we all remain vigilant in prayer for the Garrett and Barbay families, and all those who are dealing with these losses.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder