How do you think coaches...

GUNHO

will coach in leu of what has happend this past week?Will we see coaches,not just WO-S,resume their style of coaching or will they retreat to a Wade Phillips type of coaching.If I was a coach I know I couldn't get in any of the kids face knowing what just took place.I guess after a period of time it will work itself out.I sure wouldn't want to be a coach right now.

Coaching had nothing to do with what happened....It wasnt like he was getting yelled at. It was just a freak thing that happened. I don't think any Coach is going to not yell at a kid because he is afraid something like what happened to Reggie Garrett will happen. Coaches motivate based on the kids. Some kids respond when you get after them, some kids don't. This topic really makes no sense

[quote name="GUNHO" post="855179" timestamp="1285357270"]
will coach in leu of what has happend this past week?Will we see coaches,not just WO-S,resume their style of coaching or will they retreat to a Wade Phillips type of coaching.If I was a coach I know I couldn't get in any of the kids face knowing what just took place.I guess after a period of time it will work itself out.I sure wouldn't want to be a coach right now.
[/quote]

Not being a high school coach but dealing with alot of kids coaching every youth sport imaginable, I will take the opposite approach. What a wonderful time to be a coach. What a great time to be a big part of a kids life. You can definately make a difference in their future. The coaches I know from college all the way down through the guys like me that just volunteer to work with our youth, do it to help mold a young boy into a young man. There is no better reward to a coach than seeing that young boy turn into a good young man.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder