The serious thread for BH vs Dayton predictions

oldrock

I see the Dayton vs BH game as being a game of opportunity.  If one of them starts turning the ball over, or not being able to move the ball well, then they will playing catch-up all night.  Mistakes will be costly Friday night.  My prediction is Dayton strikes first and if they do, then BH will be playing catch-up.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="852797" timestamp="1285081048"]

the serious thread?? 

[b]how do you have a serious thread about a over-rated team facing another over-rated team[/b]??  Just curious
[/quote]

Who's over-rating them? You're one of the voters on the rankings right? we are what... 8 places behind your team in the polls??  :D

blanket statement because of a few homers??  just curious...

You believe in your team, Dayton certainly has a reason to believe in theirs. I'll let BH speak for themselves.

Dayton just played their toughest predistrict ever IMO... so no one really knows how we'll stack up in dist. due to our record.

If a Dayton poster wishes to make a thread that's not overrun with nonsense I say go for it. I think the best thing the moderators could do... since you wanted to get involved... is lock the other thread. It's out of hand IMO.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="dayton" post="852825" timestamp="1285083829"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=73266.msg852797#msg852797 date=1285081048]

the serious thread?? 

[b]how do you have a serious thread about a over-rated team facing another over-rated team[/b]??  Just curious
[/quote]

Who's over-rating them? You're one of the voters on the rankings right? we are what... 8 places behind your team in the polls??  :D

blanket statement because of a few homers??   just curious...

You believe in your team, Dayton certainly has a reason to believe in theirs. I'll let BH speak for themselves.

Dayton just played their toughest predistrict ever IMO... so no one really knows how we'll stack up in dist. due to our record.

If a Dayton poster wishes to make a thread that's not overrun with nonsense I say go for it. I think the best thing the moderators could do... since you wanted to get involved... is lock the other thread. It's out of hand IMO.
[/quote]

no actually I have no vote in the polls!  and yes Ill admit that comment was only directed to a few homers that I like to mess with!  LOL  it was more just a stirring the pot getting the Ant Hill Mobsters going again  lol    if you think that you will have normal thread not over run with nonsense when you involve the Hill you are crazy!!  Wont Happen!

[quote name="dayton" post="852825" timestamp="1285083829"]

the serious thread?? 

[/quote]

[u][i][b]If a Dayton poster wishes to make a thread that's not overrun with nonsense I say go for it. I think the best thing the moderators could do... since you wanted to get involved... is lock the other thread. It's out of hand IMO.[/b][/i][/u][/quote]

THANK YOU

[quote name="rykerx144" post="852839" timestamp="1285084547"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=73266.msg852825#msg852825 date=1285083829]

the serious thread?? 

[/quote]

[/quote]

no actually I have no vote in the polls!  and yes Ill admit that comment was only directed to a few homers that I like to mess with!  LOL  it was more just a stirring the pot getting the Ant Hill Mobsters going again  lol    if you think that you will have normal thread not over run with nonsense when you involve the Hill you are crazy!!  Wont Happen!
[/quote]

gotcha.... I'm a little edgy. should have known what you were doing.

IMO, the key for Dayton is composure. We have to many explosive players on the field to stay down for to long. As soon as we get everything in order, things will start to take off. The turnover issue, while still a factor last week, wasn't as big as the 2 weeks before. The boys we are dealing with work hard and if our opponents are counting on this to continue then they are in trouble. Typically by the 4th game we are ready to roll, I hope Friday night this proves to be the case again.

[quote name="bronco1" post="852907" timestamp="1285088199"]
[b]IMO, the key for Dayton is composure. We have to many explosive players on the field to stay down for too long.[/b] As soon as we get everything in order, things will start to take off. The turnover issue, while still a factor last week, wasn't as big as the 2 weeks before. The boys we are dealing with work hard and if our opponents are counting on this to continue then they are in trouble. Typically by the 4th game we are ready to roll, I hope Friday night this proves to be the case again.
[/quote]

good post. The kids and coaches aren't panicking. Just working to get things fixed that need to be fixed. I think whoever stated that Dayton has 3 or 4 players to be concerned with will see things a little differently after Friday night.

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/09/21/dayton_news/sports/3910daytonfb.txt

“Going into district, we’re competing and playing hard, and that’s never been this group’s problem,” he said. “Going into district 0-3 is never where you want to be, but their world is not coming to an end tonight. We’re going to make some personnel changes and look at some other areas to see if we can solve some of the problems we have.”<---- last paragraph of the article

So has anyone heard what the new personnel is?

[quote name="octfeb" post="852955" timestamp="1285092524"]
http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/09/21/dayton_news/sports/3910daytonfb.txt

“Going into district, we’re competing and playing hard, and that’s never been this group’s problem,” he said. “Going into district 0-3 is never where you want to be, but their world is not coming to an end tonight. We’re going to make some personnel changes and look at some other areas to see if we can solve some of the problems we have.”<---- last paragraph of the article

[/quote]

I wouldn't expect to see any major changes. Let's not forget that this is (basically) the same team that went toe to toe with Brenham last year (for 3 1/2 quarters  ;)) in the regionals. This team even has a better defense IMO. We've played some really tough teams and commited like what....12 or 13 turnovers?

I think we will start to see this team come together Friday night. They are too good not to. So in the words of that great american, George  Bush, stay the course!!

Broncos 24 - 0

[quote name="bronco1" post="853060" timestamp="1285100120"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=73266.msg852955#msg852955 date=1285092524]
[/quote]

I imagine any changes will be hardly noticable to the average fan.
[/quote] Hmmm you calling me average ??? :P

[quote name="octfeb" post="853063" timestamp="1285100211"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=73266.msg853060#msg853060 date=1285100120]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=73266.msg852955#msg852955 date=1285092524]
[/quote]

I imagine any changes will be hardly noticable to the average fan.
[/quote] Hmmm you calling me average ??? :P
[/quote]

No, don't get me wrong. I just meant most of them will be subtle adjustments not major postion changes.

Where's the beef?Ike led ranked Hightower 32-29 @ half to lose 44-39 Ike punted 3 times-Gm#2 Ike lost to ranked NS 68-20 Ike punted 3 times @had 3 fumbles lost-GM#3 Ike trailed ranked WB 27-14 w/10:31 left 4th,Ike punted 3 times lost 2 fumbles -Game #4 Ike trailed Dayton 21-12 w/9:36 left in the 4th until 2 bronco fumbles @ a pic 6-Ike punted(7) times.So on a serious note for all you naysayers Dayton over BH by as much as Stewart will allow.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder