Kirbyville/WOS game will be played

AggiesAreWe

As I read through everyone's thoughts about this game, I keep thinking to myself that both teams will be going all out... And I understand he theory behind "I don't know who to pull for", but the spirit of Reggie strikes me as being more competitive than that... I am looking forward to that Saturday night because I know that we will see two teams fighting for a victory more so than you may see all season long...

I am glad that this game is on a Saturday night... I have never been to WO-S... I hope my first trip is one that sees that place packed beyond recognition... The Mustang family needs the place filled... Wherever it is you may live, make the trip down and honor the memory of a great young man and applaud the efforts of the Mustang family for getting back on the field...

[quote name="td" post="852081" timestamp="1285001344"]
Absolutely. It would be a disservice to our kids if Kville didn't give it their all. I know they will and that will be a great way of respecting our program and Reggie and his teammates.
[/quote]
I expect that when kickoff for this game finally comes, the WO-S football team will be focused on the GAME and not everything else.  I'm not saying that Reggie won't cross their minds, but the coaches will have the players locked in, fired up, and ready to hit someone.  And that's the way it should be. There is a time to grieve, but it's so necessary for the coaches and players for WO-S to get back to a normal routine, as hard as that may be (You're right about that, kicker).  This will help in their long-term emotional well-being.  Also, it's important to point out that if the players are not focused on the game, that creates a risk of injury on the field. 

I expect that Kirbyville's team will be very respectful toward our players, but I also believe they should (and will) come into this to win it.  WO-S does not want to win this game on sympathy, but with a hard fought game on the field.  The posts I've read from Kirbyville posters have been classy.  We very much appreciate the kind thoughts toward our school and community.  But when the game played, let the best team win.  Both teams want it that way, and so would Reggie. 

May God's peace rest on everyone who has been touched by this tragedy. 

[quote name="griff" post="852695" timestamp="1285074458"]
[quote author=td link=topic=73198.msg852081#msg852081 date=1285001344]
Absolutely. It would be a disservice to our kids if Kville didn't give it their all. I know they will and that will be a great way of respecting our program and Reggie and his teammates.
[/quote]
I expect that when kickoff for this game finally comes, the WO-S football team will be focused on the GAME and not everything else.  I'm not saying that Reggie won't cross their minds, but the coaches will have the players locked in, fired up, and ready to hit someone.  And that's the way it should be. There is a time to grieve, but it's so necessary for the coaches and players for WO-S to get back to a normal routine, as hard as that may be (You're right about that, kicker).  This will help in their long-term emotional well-being.  Also, it's important to point out that if the players are not focused on the game, that creates a risk of injury on the field. 

I expect that Kirbyville's team will be very respectful toward our players, but I also believe they should (and will) come into this to win it.  WO-S does not want to win this game on sympathy, but with a hard fought game on the field.  The posts I've read from Kirbyville posters have been classy.  We very much appreciate the kind thoughts toward our school and community.  But when the game played, let the best team win.  Both teams want it that way, and so would Reggie. 

May God's peace rest on everyone who has been touched by this tragedy. 

[/quote]

Good post Griff.You beat me to it.
No doubt it will start out very emotional for both teams.I don't think it will take long for each to look at each other and say...game on.As it should be and as Reggie would want it to be.After all it is # 6 vs #9 at this point.

[quote name="td" post="851835" timestamp="1284954149"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=73198.msg851833#msg851833 date=1284953952]
I will never feel the same sitting in my seat again. When I was told that he had died Friday I almost passed out myself. It will definitely be an emotional night.
[/quote]

The wins and losses just don't seem to be as important as before. Enjoying and appreciating the effort given by the boys from both teams seems to be way more important. I just want our boys to go out and play hard. If we win we win if we lose we lose.
[/quote]

Amen - we are all playing our game for the glory of something much bigger than the win, but all of us get caught up in the moment. Shame it takes something like this to pull us back - if Reggie's life does nothing more than help some of us live, and talk, like we should more often, then what a great tribute to him. I know I have done some inventorying and some adjustments needed to be made. God bless.

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=12pt][color=navy][/color][/size][/font] Ok I so love to get on hear and talk some smack! and i could not wait for the wos vs Kville game. But last week while we were at our homecoming we heard of this young mans passing and i no longer could think the same.  I no longer want to even think or start up stuff but to talk and make this yooung man proud.  As for this game...I can only image how these boys must be feeling, and im glad im not them. But can you see Reggie up there watching his mustangs? I can and he is going to be holloring at all of us if we DONT give 112%  I think that this game is going to be a great one...on one side they are playing to heal...and on the other it was going to be a game of payback, but now it has turned into a game of HONOR.  Like quoted in a movie "he loved the game, Do you really think he wants to be sitting up in heaven watching a crappy game?" NO He is gaoing to want his team to play with all they have and im sure he would want our cats to come in and TRY to take last years lose away... I do know that all the boys on the field is not going to be feeling the same. We cats may not have known him but i can only hope that my son grows up as nicely as Reggie. Every touchdown that night will be for you Reggie and every play will be for the healing of a teams heart.... I will be there to root my cats on but my heart will be with wos. Boys play with your heart like Reggie apparently did and may the best team win!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="852793" timestamp="1285080603"]
[quote author=td link=topic=73198.msg851835#msg851835 date=1284954149]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=73198.msg851833#msg851833 date=1284953952]
I will never feel the same sitting in my seat again. When I was told that he had died Friday I almost passed out myself. It will definitely be an emotional night.
[/quote]

The wins and losses just don't seem to be as important as before. Enjoying and appreciating the effort given by the boys from both teams seems to be way more important. I just want our boys to go out and play hard. If we win we win if we lose we lose.
[/quote]

Amen - we are all playing our game for the glory of something much bigger than the win, but all of us get caught up in the moment. Shame it takes something like this to pull us back - if Reggie's life does nothing more than help some of us live, and talk, like we should more often, then what a great tribute to him. I know I have done some inventorying and some adjustments needed to be made. God bless.
[/quote]

I think we all have, bro.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124