Future opponent South Dakota beat Minnesota today

coachacola

South Dakota, a FCS independent, beat Big 10 school Minnesota 41-38 today.  Lamar plays South Dakota later this season in Beaumont.  I like the tough schedule Woodard has put together this year.  Even though Minnesota is exactly a FBS powerhouse, it's still impressive that a FCS school went on the road and beat them at home.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="844731" timestamp="1284236406"]
My [url=http://katfans.com/newforum/index.php?topic=724.15]list[/url] includes the following...

1) Ole Miss, SEC (Jacksonville State 49-48, 2 OT)
2) Kansas, Big 12 (NDSU 6-3)
3) Akron, Mid-American (Gardner-Webb 38-37, OT)
4) Minnesota, Big 10 (South Dakota 41-38)
5) #13 Virginia Tech, ACC (James Madison 21-16)
[/quote]I LUV IT. ;D

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="845394" timestamp="1284301865"]
Liberty beat Ball State... down goes the MAC!
[/quote]

Last year I watched some MAC games on ESPN and they do have some crappy stadiums in that league.  Sometimes they do have a team or two that cracks the top 25, but it makes me wonder if the MAC (and the Sun Belt too) will ever produce at least one team like the WAC did with Boise State that will make waves in the BCS.

[quote name="coachacola" post="845476" timestamp="1284310034"]
[quote author=TexasTerror link=topic=72858.msg845394#msg845394 date=1284301865]
Liberty beat Ball State... down goes the MAC!
[/quote]

Last year I watched some MAC games on ESPN and they do have some crappy stadiums in that league.  Sometimes they do have a team or two that cracks the top 25, but it makes me wonder if the MAC (and the Sun Belt too) will ever produce at least one team like the WAC did with Boise State that will make waves in the BCS.
[/quote]

The MAC has not been good since Marshall left for C-USA.  Central Michigan is the closest thing they got to a team that can compete outside of that conference

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami