West Hardin @ Kountze predictions?

oilerman21

I'm going with the approach that the Hardin game was a great learning experiance for our boys.  Now the Oilers have played a team that exposed some weak areas and I'm more than confident that this week those holes will get fixed.  Oilers are playing back to back 2A schools and the increased competion will make them that much better for District play in a few weeks.

Not going with a score prediction, but I'll say my Oilers win this one.  The loss to Hardin was a humbling experiance, hopefully they will come back with that firery edge I saw in week 0 against Warren.

Oilers have a few banged up players that I will not mention by name, but I hope all injuries heal well and everyone is ready to go for Friday night in Kountze.

Go get'em Oilers!!!!  ;D

Guest HardinHornets
If West Hardin plays like they know how, then I would not put it pass them to come out victorious verses Kountze. Contain the speed Kountze has with their star runningback and there should be no trouble. Go get you a win West Hardin!!!

Hardin plays Kountze in Kountze next week. So, I am sure some of the Hardin kids will be there supporting you West Hardin. The others will be in Hardin-Jefferson watching East Chambers.

Have a great week of practice!

[quote name="HardinHornets" post="846286" timestamp="1284386155"]
If West Hardin plays like they know how, then I would not put it pass them to come out victorious verses Kountze. Contain the speed Kountze has with their star runningback and there should be no trouble. Go get you a win West Hardin!!!

Hardin plays Kountze in Kountze next week. So, I am sure some of the Hardin kids will be there supporting you West Hardin. The others will be in Hardin-Jefferson watching East Chambers.

Have a great week of practice!

[/quote]thanks for the support. I hope the oilers injured players get better. Get ready to battle Oilers!!

each and every game is all about match ups and no im not saying WH will win but your reason for saying Kountze would win is crazy sports are all about match ups and you never know WH might be a bad match up for kountze. And i think had hardin not jumped out to such a quick start the game would have been a lot closer than the final score was.

[quote name="utfan06" post="848276" timestamp="1284598750"]
Well lets see... Hardin beat Tarkington 34-30... Kountze beat them 20-0... Hardin beat West Hardin 
53-28.... Im pretty sure Kountze will win lol
[/quote]
Don't judge by the Tarkington scores.  There were two very different teams on the field for Tarkington in those games.  Not to take anything away from Kountze; they played well and deserved to win that night, but Tarkington played lousy against Kountze, compared to the game they had against Hardin.  Just sayin...faulty logic.

I agree with D WAde but Belle-mere i wouldn't say they played lousy. They got beat on both sides of the ball. Did not have an answer for kountze running game and as for their offense i'm not sure maybe it was just not clicking or too many turnovers. but the Fact is they lost and its all about matchups like D Wade said just because Hardin beat WH pretty good doesn't Mean Kountze will beat them. I predict an Kountze 26  WH 12 final Score.

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="848458" timestamp="1284648933"]
I agree with D WAde but Belle-mere i wouldn't say they played lousy. They got beat on both sides of the ball. Did not have an answer for kountze running game and as for their offense i'm not sure maybe it was just not clicking or too many turnovers. but the Fact is they lost and its all about matchups like D Wade said just because Hardin beat WH pretty good doesn't Mean Kountze will beat them. I predict an Kountze 26   WH 12 final Score.
[/quote]
You are right--beat on both sides.  Tarkington didn't look like the same team as they did against Hardin, especially the offense...lots of mistakes, penalties, assignments missed, etc.  The defense gave up even more points against Hardin, but they didn't look as flat though.  Hardin seemed a better team than Kountze. Perhaps because of their explosiveness, while Kountze ground it out on the ground.  Match-ups, yeah, true.  Betcha' Hardin beats Kountze though.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder