Kirbyville's extra point woes!!!

bowhunter45

Surely if there was a kicker on the team, Alvarez would have found him by now. Who is kicking off? Cant do extra points? Obviously not or this thread would not be going.

As good as the running game is and the QB is, they should be able to go for two the rest of the year and be fine from the sounds of it. ;)

That is one place Jasper is money. Mijares is on on the field goals and extra points! 

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="844435" timestamp="1284213941"]
Surely if there was a kicker on the team, Alvarez would have found him by now. Who is kicking off? Cant do extra points? Obviously not or this thread would not be going.

[b]As good as the running game is and the QB is, they should be able to go for two the rest of the year and be fine from the sounds of it.[/b];)

That is one place Jasper is money. Mijares is on on the field goals and extra points!  
[/quote]
And continue to think that way all the way home after that final loss.

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="844474" timestamp="1284217660"]
I wasnt in any way referencing the game. Good night man, I was just saying it would be nice for y'all to have a guy like Mijares. Settle down.
[/quote]

A guy like Mijares would be a great asset to any ball club from 1A to 5A..The guy does a great job kicking,And is a nice weapon to have in the close ones.. ;)

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="844485" timestamp="1284218875"]
LOL.....dude, someone has to get close to your team before you have to worry about that.  ;D
[/quote]Dude....When you play teams the caliber of Wos in the playoffs they will be close to you and you better be able to get 3 when you can..And to the other poster it was all on the kicker Kville does not have one but they have everything else

[quote name="pirate68" post="844497" timestamp="1284219403"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=72832.msg844485#msg844485 date=1284218875]
LOL.....dude, someone has to get close to your team before you have to worry about that.  ;D
[/quote]Dude....When you play teams the caliber of Wos in the playoffs they will be close to you and you better be able to get 3 when you can..And to the other poster it was all on the kicker Kville does not have one but they have everything else
[/quote]Actually with WOS you're probably on even ground, they never have kickers either. Now with your Silsbees', Gilmers', etc. yeah your right, gotta find a good soccer player.

I completely agree kicking them extra points are going to prove critical in the deeper rounds.  Even possibly the ability to kick a short field goal to convert some points to keep momentum.  We are not very good at kicking extra points neither over here in Coldspring.  I don't think we have converter a half dozen in three years by kicking it.

The game against Newton the Kicker did well with PAT's.  As I was broadcasting the game last night I noticed that the snaps to the holder were consistantly low.  As someone who once help for PAT's a low snap is your worst nightmare.  That is the one thing that has to be worked on soon. 

[quote name="WildcatGRAD81" post="844535" timestamp="1284222978"]
[b]Keene did a very good job catchin the low snap and putting the ball down for the kicker[/b]. But you are right that part of the special team needs work and needs it fast.
[/quote]

That he did but when the ball is low or high for that matter it throws everyone's timing off.  It causes them to rush the play and that is not a good thing but it is very fixable and I know that Alavrez will have it worked out.

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="845244" timestamp="1284261429"]
IMO the Kats have improved tremendously since week 0...the kicking game will improve, I'm more concerned with the excessive penalties....but at the rate their developing this season, they will be a force in district!!!!

KATS ARE JUST GETTIN FIRED UP!! ;)
[/quote]

You are right about the penalties but at least last night is was 4-40yrds instead of the 14-122 they had against Newton.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="845249" timestamp="1284261630"]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=72832.msg845244#msg845244 date=1284261429]
IMO the Kats have improved tremendously since week 0...the kicking game will improve, I'm more concerned with the excessive penalties....but at the rate their developing this season, they will be a force in district!!!!

KATS ARE JUST GETTIN FIRED UP!! ;)
[/quote]

You are right about the penalties but at least last night is was 4-40yrds instead of the 14-122 they had against Newton.
[/quote]

Hopfully that's under control...gunna be some good games the next couple of weeks, need to be on our toes! :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Tim Erickson from Orangefield….
    • Lucky for Orangefield there’s only 3 games max to play.    Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90’s but I don’t know that for a fact.  Rumors.   it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I haven’t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.    Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams. 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • “We have incredible evidence that it’s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.” “𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐮 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐥 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗 — 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐲𝐜𝐥𝐞.”
    • It’s very difficult to fire an educator.  It’s not difficult to reassign them and put them in a situation where they’re likely to leave on their own.  I’m not sure of the legality of exposing an employee’s work records, but it seems likely it’s not allowed if nothing criminal took place.  
  • Topics