Deweyville at Warren Game Thread/Deweyville wins/Comments

WOSgrad

My observations from this game is that Warren came to play, they were fired up and had a good game plan, executed it and made some good halftime adjustments, tough bunch of kids with alot of heart, congrats to Warren on a hard fought, tough game.
Deweyville got off the bus over confident and not ready to play, hopefully the Pirates learned a lesson from this game.  Offensively the O-line needs to drastically improve if the Pirates expect to compete in their District.  They need to find someone who can catch the ball at the receiver position, the QB is putting the ball in their hands and we continue to drop them.  Offensively fumbles continue to be a problem, RB's need to tuck the ball away and secure it, basic fundamentals that need to be stressed if this team is going to compete.  Defensive side of the ball, tackling and coverage of WR's is problem areas that have followed this team since their first scrimmage, again adjustments need to be made for this team to be competitive. IMO.

I'm very proud of the effort that the Warriors displayed friday night. It was one deserving of a win. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way. The Warriors were much improved. The offense was moving the ball and made some impressive drives for their scores. They didn't convert any of there extra point attempts, going for two each time. The Warriors special teams need work. They gave up a kick off return for a touch down after their second touchdown. 13-12. The offense responded with another impressive drive to put the Warriors up 18-13.The defense played great as well. They held the Pirates to minimal gains for most of the game and had what should have been a game winning 4th down stop near their own 20 yard line with less than 2 minutes remaining. Then the unimaginable happened.......
After taking a knee on first down, they ran from the gun on second and handed off to the left side. Wide open hole and then the next thing I see after the hit is a loose ball. The Pirates covered the ball. A few plays later, the Pirates score and convert for 2 extra points. 21 - 18 Pirates. Keep you chin up Warriors! Great effort. Big improvements! Definately going in the right direction. Sometimes sucess is not always measured in wins. Just keep getting better each week! We are proud of you! The wins will come.

[quote name="LR2014" post="845390" timestamp="1284301283"]
I'm very proud of the effort that the Warriors displayed friday night. It was one deserving of a win. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way. The Warriors were much improved. The offense was moving the ball and made some impressive drives for their scores. They didn't convert any of there extra point attempts, going for two each time. The Warriors special teams need work. They gave up a kick off return for a touch down after their second touchdown. 13-12. The offense responded with another impressive drive to put the Warriors up 18-13.The defense played great as well. They held the Pirates to minimal gains for most of the game and had what should have been a game winning 4th down stop near their own 20 yard line with less than 2 minutes remaining. Then the unimaginable happened.......
After taking a knee on first down, they ran from the gun on second and handed off to the left side. Wide open hole and then the next thing I see after the hit is a loose ball. The Pirates covered the ball. A few plays later, the Pirates score and convert for 2 extra points. 21 - 18 Pirates. Keep you chin up Warriors! Great effort. Big improvements! Definately going in the right direction. Sometimes sucess is not always measured in wins. Just keep getting better each week! We are proud of you! The wins will come.

[/quote]

I would like to second that!! WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!! We believe in you!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124