18-3A

LAPD

Who takes this district this season?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this district this season?

• Jasper
    • Lufkin Hudson
    • Huntington
    • Center
    • Pollock Central
    • Kirbyvillle
    • Diboll

Can't be a homer this year and think Hudson wins district with the Dogs coming in second in district. This could change with some part time starters from last year picking it up a notch and taking on a leadership role. District is a little easier this year so the streak should stay intact. What other motivation is needed to leave as your legacy than the continous playoff appearances. Go Dogs, have a good fall and work to improve and represent.

Loved it when it was Jasper, Hudson and Carthage. IMO this was the best 3a district in the state. I saw every Jasper Carthage matchup the past two years and they were all classic games. Every game was well pitched, coached, with great defense and timely hitting.  Gonna miss them in 183a.

Hudson has far more coming back this year but I am still going with the Dogs. Hudson seems to have more trouble with defense and I will take the Mixon coached team anyday.  

• 2 weeks later...
  I mean no disrespect and I wish the Kirbyville baseball program the best, but they are not even in the same league as Jasper.

A few years back Jasper won a AAA State Championship. Last year the Bulldogs advanced to the State tournament they won 30 + games and were 13-1 in probably the best AAA district in the State. They win their district almost every year and always play deep in the playoffs.

What is Kirbyvilles baseball track record? Have they ever even won a AA district title? You just cant compare an average baseball program ( at best ) to one of the best high school baseball programs in the State.

[quote name="hitman009" post="859083" timestamp="1285607758"]
i think kirbyville will contend for 1st in that district. This group beat Jasper 6 of 7 times when they were freshman... now they are SR..... they are contenders!!!!!
[/quote]
Thats a true statistic Kirbyville did do that but Burleson has improved a heck of a lot since then and Jasper also had underclassman that werent there that will be there to step up now.

[quote name="jeffcoat" post="859308" timestamp="1285622056"]
 I mean no disrespect and I wish the Kirbyville baseball program the best, but they are not even in the same league as Jasper.

A few years back Jasper won a AAA State Championship. Last year the Bulldogs advanced to the State tournament they won 30 + games and were 13-1 in probably the best AAA district in the State. They win their district almost every year and always play deep in the playoffs.

What is Kirbyvilles baseball track record? Have they ever even won a AA district title? You just cant compare an average baseball program ( at best ) to one of the best high school baseball programs in the State.
[/quote]true the track record has not been all the best... came in second last year.... the year before had a great group of sr that started off well... but fell apart in district...only one SO. played on that team.. Kale Jones...the JV did win district....which were made up of SO..... Last year all JR. except 1.....
but they are all sr.... THIS YEARS TEAM can play ball....I believe 5 of them played on those all golden trangle teams...

the topic is 18-3A this year right...so you can compare them... they are in the same district now.... your quote about jasper is exactly right..."[b]A FEW YEARS BACK[/b] they did win a state championship......... If we were talking about ovrall program then I would say Jasper.... every year changes... yes they have a excellent program but Kville should contend with them THIS YEAR!!!

[quote name="hitman009" post="859554" timestamp="1285638979"]
[quote author=jeffcoat link=topic=72700.msg859308#msg859308 date=1285622056]

[/quote]true the track record has not been all the best... came in second last year.... the year before had a great group of sr that started off well... but fell apart in district...only one SO. played on that team.. Kale Jones...the JV did win district....which were made up of SO..... Last year all JR. except 1.....
but they are all sr.... THIS YEARS TEAM can play ball....I believe 5 of them played on those all golden trangle teams...

the topic is 18-3A this year right...so you can compare them... they are in the same district now.... your quote about jasper is exactly right..."[b]A FEW YEARS BACK[/b] they did win a state championship......... If we were talking about ovrall program then I would say Jasper.... every year changes... yes they have a excellent program but Kville should contend with them THIS YEAR!!!
[/quote]

The point is with Jasper we are talking about an overall program. A baseball program that every year just reloads and then goes out and wins. Last year, this year ,2007, 2006 whatever year its all the same they just win.

Very few programs are like that.  Carthage and  Hudson are like that also. Thats what made the last two years in 18AAA so special.

I wish Kirbyville all the best. I know many of the kids on last years and this years team. Jasper teams have never fallen apart once district starts. Thats why they are who they are. You just cant compare the programs they are far, far apart.

[quote name="jeffcoat" post="859819" timestamp="1285681302"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=72700.msg859554#msg859554 date=1285638979]

[/quote]

The point is with Jasper we are talking about an overall program. A baseball program that every year just reloads and then goes out and wins. Last year, this year ,2007, 2006 whatever year its all the same they just win.

Very few programs are like that.  Carthage and  Hudson are like that also. Thats what made the last two years in 18AAA so special.

I wish Kirbyville all the best. I know many of the kids on last years and this years team. Jasper teams have never fallen apart once district starts. Thats why they are who they are. You just cant compare the programs they are far, far apart.
[/quote]so with your statement Jasper, ever sense the school opened, Jasper has had a outstanding baseball program.... never falling off one year....please.... i can remember whippin that A$$ when i was younger......And I did not live in Kville....
I can remember whippin Kville in football as well.... 54-16....  THAT WOULD NOT BE THE CASE NOW!!!!  
SO WHAT HAS CHANGED??? THE YEARS!!!!!! weather it be coaching or the kids are just a little more athletic that year....other wise the same school would win district and state every year....
We are talking about teams this year....... and Kville has shown that THIS group can compete.... beating teams with "top baseball powerhouses programs".  buna, silsbee, HJ, orangefield and even JASPER... and the games with Jasper were not even close, 10 run ruled 4 of thoses 6 wins as fresshman.........
Im not saying Kville will beat them......I am even agreeing with you that  Jasper has a better PROGRAM......I just want you to realize, Kville does have a shot at a district champship THIS YEAR....

[quote name="hitman009" post="860107" timestamp="1285697606"]
[quote author=jeffcoat link=topic=72700.msg859819#msg859819 date=1285681302]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=72700.msg859554#msg859554 date=1285638979]

[/quote]

Very few programs are like that.  Carthage and  Hudson are like that also. Thats what made the last two years in 18AAA so special.

[/quote]so with your statement Jasper, ever sense the school opened, Jasper has had a outstanding baseball program.... never falling off one year....please.... i can remember whippin that A$$ when i was younger......And I did not live in Kville....
I can remember whippin Kville in football as well.... 54-16....  THAT WOULD NOT BE THE CASE NOW!!!! 
SO WHAT HAS CHANGED??? THE YEARS!!!!!! weather it be coaching or the kids are just a little more athletic that year....other wise the same school would win district and state every year....
We are talking about teams this year....... and Kville has shown that THIS group can compete.... beating teams with "top baseball powerhouses programs".  buna, silsbee, HJ, orangefield and even JASPER... and there games with Jasper were not even close, 10 run ruled 4 of thoses 6 wins as fresshman.........
Im not saying Kville will beat them......I am even agreeing with you that  Jasper has a better PROGRAM......I just want you to realize, Kville does have a shot at a district champship THIS YEAR....
[/quote]

Again, no disrespect intended but if Kirbyville wins in baseball it is pretty much an aberration.

Jasper has consistently won in baseball for 30+ years. Mixon has taken the program to another level,but even before him they had always consistently won. You cant say the same for Kirbyville. Have they ever consistently won in baseball at the high school level? And say what you want but summer ball doesnt even count.It's completely different  than playing high school baseball.

Good luck go out and prove me wrong. Then do it again next year, then the next, and the next...........,  then you become a Jasper.

I guess you did not read the question to the poll.....
it is "who takes district THIS YEAR"... and i say kirbyville...JMO based on the past acomplishments from this years' team and the record between the two team (Jasper and Kville's 18 year olds) dateing back from little league to freshman year....when you start jv-varsity, you start adding kids that are not the same age....
I will agree that Jasper has a great team and has a better program with a better track record....
good luck to both teams

• 2 weeks later...
  I was told that Jasper will face Carthage in a non district game this year. Does anyone know the date & location of that game?

I know that its different being a non district game but the way these two teams have battled the last two years this is a must see game.

• 5 months later...
As to who wins district, Hudson looks good on paper, but I have not seen them play.

I have seen Jasper and Kirbyville play.  Some on this post seem to make Kirbyville out to be a door mat.  I think they may surprise some people this year.  Coleson, Jones, and Downs are throwing well so far this year.  They are also hitting the ball well.  Holsomback is solid behing the plate, as well as with the stick.  Like many other teams, if Kirbyville can get their errors reduced, they might make some waves in district.  Do not look past this team, 18-3A.

Oh and I have no dog in this hunt.  No pun intended.  I am from Beaumont.

[quote name="bmtball" post="982469" timestamp="1300119854"]
As to who wins district, Hudson looks good on paper, but I have not seen them play.

I have seen Jasper and Kirbyville play.  Some on this post seem to make Kirbyville out to be a door mat.  I think they may surprise some people this year.  Coleson, Jones, and Downs are throwing well so far this year.  They are also hitting the ball well.  Holsomback is solid behing the plate, as well as with the stick.  Like many other teams, if Kirbyville can get their errors reduced, they might make some waves in district.  Do not look past this team, 18-3A.

Oh and I have no dog in this hunt.  No pun intended.  I am from Beaumont.
[/quote]
I agree with you bmtball Kirbyville looked solid when i watched them play WO-S but thats the only game i have seen them play should be a good game tommorow night @ Jasper

This is still a tough district, even without Carthage. I have seen every team except Kirbyville and Center play, and I can say that no team will get through the district undefeated. Based on what I have seen, any team could beat the others on any given night. Hudson has stepped up as usual to play tougher competition in non district. So has Diboll. Both have some ugly losses, and both have significant wins. Hudson over PNG, and Diboll over Henderson and Marshall. Jaspers win over Diboll last week is not indicative of how the Jacks have played. I don't think they will repeat that performance. I anticipate that Jasper and Hudson will play consistently in district. Central and Huntington will be tough when they throw their ace. Kirbyville appears to have more pitching than both of them, and maybe even Diboll. I don't think it is the marquee match ups that will be the deciding factor, but rather the second game of the week that decides this seasons playoff teams. Tomorrow nights games includes Hudson at Diboll, and Kirbyville and Jasper. Those should both be good backyard brawls. 

Jasper had best take EVERY district team seriously.  And I am sure they will.  This talk about KV being a lesser program is nonsense.  Thinking like that will get you beaten.

But yes, Jasper's baseball tradition goes back a long way.  Much longer than any thirty years.  Jasper was playing baseball very well back in the fifties and sixties.  Check out the state tournament records if you doubt this.  But true, that does not win games THIS year.  The players they have this year are winning those games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• To clarify, Dems love wars. They rage daily in the bluest of blue inner citicis. Chicago had 39 shootings over the weekend, 9 dead. Warzone. Baltimore, Memphis, Detroit, etc. I am sure was just as bloody. The blue body count rises daily. I am sure the blue defunding of police and releasing murders without any bail have nothing to do with it. Right?   
    • Will probably be released by the Democrats come September.  Sound familiar?
    • Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
  • Topics