Newton vs Corrigan

Guest Jmeek

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="841165" timestamp="1283877005"]
Ran into some EC fans at McNeese game and they're already licking their chops like they can win.
[/quote]

No one at EC is "licking their chops".  ::)  Think about it; EC is [u]0-2 with a QB walking around in a velcro boot[/u]. I guess you just want to stir up a controversy by making that statement. After all, how does EC fit into a Newton vs Corrigan subject thread?   

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="841172" timestamp="1283877423"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=72608.msg841165#msg841165 date=1283877005]
Ran into some EC fans at McNeese game and they're already licking their chops like they can win.
[/quote]

No one at EC is "licking their chops".  ::)  Think about it; EC is [u]0-2 with a QB walking around in a velcro boot[/u]. I guess you just want to stir up a controversy by making that statement. After all, how does EC fit into a Newton vs Corrigan subject thread?    
[/quote]
And as usual some folks have trouble with reading comprehension. You say I didn't run into these people at McNeese game and they didn't say what they said? Are you the only spokesman for EC? Get real. Think about it? I know about.

Guest ECBucFan
Soooo, why, oh wise one, would any EC fans who just witnessed a 42-7 3rd quarter losing score vs. Kelly, be "licking their chops" because Newton lost to a 3A power, or for [i]ANY[/i] reason?  ::)

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="841193" timestamp="1283878464"]
Soooo, why, oh wise one, would any EC fans who just witnessed a 42-7 3rd quarter losing score vs. Kelly, be "licking their chops" because Newton lost to a 3A power, or for [i]ANY[/i] reason?  ::)
[/quote]

I say why not lick your chops as this could have the makings of a down year for the Eagles.  8)

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="841193" timestamp="1283878464"]
[/quote]
Your now asking me questions I can't answer. Maybe they have more faith in their program than you. Maybe they are true fans of EC and believe this could be a year to take advantage of Newton. Maybe they can believe in something positive about their club. I could go on with maybes, but I can't tell you exactly why. I'm not a mind reader.

Guest ECBucFan
You have a history of taking shots at me on this board through the years. Your digs at my alleged "reading comprehension difficulties" are just the latest example. Real classy. Perhaps you do know more than me about EC though, since you, oh wise one, obviously live in Winnie and go to all the EC games. Apparently I don't, so I will defer to your vast and comprehensive knowledge.  ;)  This stupid debate with C.E. is not worth it. I'm outta here. 

Newton will rebound, if there is any hide left on the players after the coaches get through with them on monday, they will respond. Newtons offensive line is inexperienced but will get better each week. Newton self- destructed last week but make no mistake, Kirbyville is just that good.

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="841306" timestamp="1283887193"]
Newton will rebound, if there is any hide left on the players after the coaches get through with them on monday, they will respond. Newtons offensive line is inexperienced but will get better each week. Newton self- destructed last week but make no mistake, Kirbyville is just that good.
[/quote]

Yep there's no doubt in my mind about them rebounding..I look for them to come out smoking,first game jitters gone settle down and play Newton football again...Good Luck the rest of the season... ;)

Straight from Coach Barbay, Newton will have 9 players that will not play tonight at all and 1 that will only play in the second half. These are for disciplinary reasons. They did not have good reasons for missing Monday practice. Will have a lot of kids going both ways, and on a lighter note said if tackling wasn't better he might put his wife in. I believe Mona could get the job done myself! ;)

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="842965" timestamp="1284130946"]
Straight from Coach Barbay, Newton will have 9 players that will not play tonight at all and 1 that will only play in the second half. These are for disciplinary reasons. They did not have good reasons for missing Monday practice. Will have a lot of kids going both ways, and on a lighter note said if tackling wasn't better he might put his wife in. I believe Mona could get the job done myself! ;)
[/quote] Yea she looked like she was ready to put some pads on halfway through the Newton Kville game last friday, She looks like she could lay the lumber. Yes there will be some players that have to set this one out I hope they really set them out the whole game, Im proud to see the coaching staff step in a make some attiude ajustments

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83