19-4a Top 4

liltex

The only possible parody in this district is Crosby beating dayton... i still call that parody because we haven't been able to do it consistently.

Thaty'll be a good game to watch the rest will be two teams, getting ready for the playoffs, by fine tuning their plays and working on different wrinkles in practice.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="840827" timestamp="1283824315"]
Elkins is an average to above average team.
I'll let you decide.  You're the one that was there.
They will get hammered by a team like Hightower.

I was giving Dayton props for staying with Elkins, because I was trying to reiterate my earlier point about 5A being tougher than 4A.  An average to above average 5A team like Elkins will give problems to a 4A team like Dayton or Crosby or Montgomery or PNG or anyone this side of LT.

The fact that Dayton hung in there shows that Dayton is pretty good, but I don't know if I would want to predict the outcome of the district based on a bunch of teams that have all lost their games.
[/quote]
Tell this to Lake Travis! Not always the case.
Stewart purposely scheduled some tough opponents early to prepare his team for not only district but for playoffs. I have seen them in two scrimmages and they are as advertised. They are not good because they have great players. They are one of the most disciplined and well coached teams around and create good athletes I.to good players. 5a vs 4a is always going to favor 5a for obvious reasons. You can't just give them the title but you can predict based on what you see at this point. I absolutely cannot say who the other three teams will be in the playoffs because of their play to date but Crosby should be there.
The district looks weak to this point so it should be a battle that may be fun to watch regardless of current records. I remember years ago Lee getting blown out by a 5a LaMarque team 63-0, then playing them close in a playoff game 10 weeks later. All teams should improve.

I remember that too.  I was in about 6th grade that season when LM pounded Lee, then Lee came back and played them fairly strong in the playoffs.

I did say everyone this side of LT in my post.
I know it's not always the case, but it was an old argument I was having back in the spring/early summer with GCMPat. 

As far as I am concerned, any team in the district, maybe save for NF, has a chance to win district.
Barbers Hill nearly beat Dayton last year.  Crosby did beat them.  Crosby has not looked the same so far this year.  Dayton looked strong in scrimmages, but then got beat by a team that is perennially not very good(granted it was a 5A team).  BH, GCM and Lee have all looked suspect.

I don't blame people for eliminating Lee from the equation already.
It must be said that they have been without two of their top three skill position players and two others that would be playing a lot in the defensive backfield these first two games.
Do those guys ever come back healthy this year?  Who knows?
Would those two skill position guys have scored another 50 points on LP?  Of course not.

LP was simply too good for Lee.  Lee would be able to strike a lot more fear into the hearts of defenses once those two guys come back though.

Hopefully they will both be back for district.  We shall see.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="840827" timestamp="1283824315"]
Elkins is an average to above average team.
I'll let you decide.  You're the one that was there.
They will get hammered by a team like Hightower.

I was giving Dayton props for staying with Elkins, because I was trying to reiterate my earlier point about 5A being tougher than 4A.  An average to above average 5A team like Elkins will give problems to a 4A team like Dayton or Crosby or Montgomery or PNG or anyone this side of LT.

The fact that Dayton hung in there shows that Dayton is pretty good, but I don't know if I would want to predict the outcome of the district based on a bunch of teams that have all lost their games.
[/quote] You got to be one of the most wavering posters on this board. You point out a negative about every team in the disrtict and that some how gives you validation to discredit anyone else's predictions . Let 's step back and look at the obvious big picture here - Dayton is the number one contender and it doesn't matter how many games we've played thus far it's not brag its fact. This is our district we know a little somehting about  the same teams we play year after year  theres alot more to go on than just week two of this season. I know Lee strugled in 5a and it looks like they may strugle in 4a welcome to 19A.

Lee may struggle in 4A.  We won't know until we play some 4A teams.
Haven't played any yet.

Anything can happen.  This isn't 2000-2009.  This is 2010.
I'd just be interested to see what you are basing your predictions on.
If it's past year's performance, then fine....

I'd just be interested where the posters that are calling this a two team race are getting their information.
Crosby has not done well at all.  I would think getting plastered by Montgomery and PNG would hold more water than anything they may or may not have done last year.

Dayton I would guess has the best argument.  They worked over WOS, albeit in a scrimmage, and they also played a solid 5A team to a virtual standstill. 

[quote name="panamamyers" post="840932" timestamp="1283830231"]
Lee may struggle in 4A.  We won't know until we play some 4A teams.
Haven't played any yet.

Anything can happen.  This isn't 2000-2009.  This is 2010.
I'd just be interested to see what you are basing your predictions on.
If it's past year's performance, then fine....

I'd just be interested where the posters that are calling this a two team race are getting their information.
Crosby has not done well at all.  I would think getting plastered by Montgomery and PNG would hold more water than anything they may or may not have done last year.

Dayton I would guess has the best argument.  They worked over WOS, albeit in a scrimmage, and they also played a solid 5A team to a virtual standstill. 

[/quote] Crosby got plastered by Ennis last year and came back and won district - Their QB alone is a game changer.  At one time I thought Lee might be a contender til I read your posts, Galena Park might be the dark horse this year ,but's that just my opinion .

More on Jayhawks Point.

The cougs got beat by Ennis 63-3 and then got blown out from end to end by PNG last year.

Ennis didn't even make the playoffs crosby went three deep.

I know your wanting the idea that Lees gonna sneak it to a district with quite a bit of history and make some noise.

Someone spoke on injuries, Im sure Dayton ahs some injuries, the cougs have O-line missing, almost an entire d-line and a SS (ACL tear)

When those heal the cougs will have some depth, you'll have kids who have been playing and learning rotating in, and you'll have plenty of depth. The cougs get better as the season goes on, and The coaching staff gets the best out of thier players.

Think of it this way.

The speed montgomery plays with is about a 10 (Dobbins is lightning and their line is quick) when we play Galena park, they're gonna have about a 6-7 speed wise and the game comes to the players easier, once they get that and understand everything and it becomes second nature (such as a QB handoff, or a Linebackers back pedal). Then we play Dayton, BH, Lee. Daytons gonna give anyone they play trouble, and the cougs beat them last year. My predictions are based on History, the cougs and Broncos always start slow, we always lose early games, and we always make playoffs. (past 10 years or so for sure)

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="840870" timestamp="1283826347"]
The only possible parody in this district is Crosby beating dayton... i still call that parody because we haven't been able to do it consistently.

Thaty'll be a good game to watch the rest will be two teams, getting ready for the playoffs, by fine tuning their plays and working on different wrinkles in practice.

[/quote]Dude, I hate to do this to you but you left yourself wide open.  ;)

Are you really sure Crosby and Dayton is a [i]parody[/i]? Are you really sure and in which direction? Is it Crosby towards Dayton? okay time to pull the trigger here..............................[b][size=18pt]POW!![/size][/b]

Definitions according to Dictionary.com (Using only the definitions that might apply where the number assigned is the order in it's definition.)
[b]Parody[/b]
[i]noun[/i]
4. any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation of a person, event, etc.
6. a poor or feeble imitation or semblance
[i]verb[/i]
7. to imitate for purposes of satire.
8. to imitate poorly or feebly, a travesty.
So is this what Crosby is to Dayton? Huh?  :o :D ;D ??? :P
Sure you didn't mean [b]Parity[/b]?
[i]noun[/i]
1. equality as in amount, status, or character.  ::)

Nah, it's gotta be the first one.........lol

If the logic you are using is that Crosby got hammered last year at the beginning on the year then did well at the end, so that must be the case again this year....then I'm not going to buy that...sorry.

As far as Lee sneaking in anywhere....
I, nor any of the other 3 Lee fans in existence, have no delusions of grandeur when it comes to the Ganders.
I'm ate up with my desire for the Ganders to do well.
That clouds my judgment and my ability to make cogent points in this forum.

I still think the Ganders have a chance in this district....maybe not as good of a chance as Dayton and Crosby, but a chance nonetheless if things fall right.

its still too early to past judgement on anybody.... galena park hasn't played anybody, dayton lost to a good 5a team (saw Elkins vs Lamar) Elkins is a legit good 5a team. Crosby lost to 2 good 4a teams. Now If Crosby loses to Dawson then they are in trouble this year Dawson team is not good at all. Dayton plan is to get ready for the cubs. They are willing to go 0-3 to be ready for the cubs. There nobody in 19-4a that is as fast as there next 2 teams they play.  after non district you will know your team.

Panama, Did you know one of the keys to that years Lee's team success was that they made an unpopular decision to move, at the time, a future NFL player from QB back to safety? Started a sophomore QB the rest of the way. That team had two future NFL players on it. One was the second pick in the draft and I know you know who I am reffering to since I am aware you know Lee's history very well. My point is that good teams and good coaches can take a team and tweak them during the season or make big changes that they see will benefit the team. This move alone did not change their season but was a stepping stone that gave them confidence to play with anyone. Lee has almost always had this swagger about them and this comes from their ability to prepare their kids well. I hated Lee but respected them in every way because you can see the confidence they play with. Hopefully, for you they can regain this advantage so you can enjoy their season.

All of the current 19-4A teams are, or should be, looking to gain this sort of advantage that gives them confidence to turn their bad performances around. I can say this as I support GCM for personal reasons, if they could get any discipline on the defensive side of the ball and every player will handle their responsibility on each play and help out second, then they will be successful this year. The offense will eventually come around but the defense needs to carry this team now. They have the ability to win most games this way. Each position has to be taught a role ans never waiver from that role.

I imagine the other teams in 19-4A have the same issues and the first teams to rectify their issues and play as a team will be in that top 4. I have to believe that Lee could be there as well. They reallydo not have any less talent than almost any of the 19-4a teams. I saw their Spring game and one scrimmage. They have the ability to make the top 4 with the talent I saw. They lack to discipline I mentioned before. BH, in my opinion, does not have the talent at many positions that someof the other schools have, but has always played with discipline. They are struggling because of a new system but will catch on. They are smart players who realize they do not have to beat you with athleticism. No offfense BH, but it is an opinion and you do have some athletes just not across the board and nobody really likes to play you because of what I just mentioned.

[quote name="cbear4" post="841079" timestamp="1283868107"]
Panama, Did you know one of the keys to that years Lee's team success was that they made an unpopular decision to move, at the time, a future NFL player from QB back to safety? Started a sophomore QB the rest of the way. That team had two future NFL players on it. One was the second pick in the draft and I know you know who I am reffering to since I am aware you know Lee's history very well. My point is that good teams and good coaches can take a team and tweak them during the season or make big changes that they see will benefit the team. This move alone did not change their season but was a stepping stone that gave them confidence to play with anyone. Lee has almost always had this swagger about them and this comes from their ability to prepare their kids well. I hated Lee but respected them in every way because you can see the confidence they play with. Hopefully, for you they can regain this advantage so you can enjoy their season.

All of the current 19-4A teams are, or should be, looking to gain this sort of advantage that gives them confidence to turn their bad performances around. I can say this as I support GCM for personal reasons, if they could get any discipline on the defensive side of the ball and every player will handle their responsibility on each play and help out second, then they will be successful this year. The offense will eventually come around but the defense needs to carry this team now. They have the ability to win most games this way. Each position has to be taught a role ans never waiver from that role.

I imagine the other teams in 19-4A have the same issues and the first teams to rectify their issues and play as a team will be in that top 4. I have to believe that Lee could be there as well. They reallydo not have any less talent than almost any of the 19-4a teams. I saw their Spring game and one scrimmage. They have the ability to make the top 4 with the talent I saw. They lack to discipline I mentioned before. BH, in my opinion, does not have the talent at many positions that someof the other schools have, but has always played with discipline. They are struggling because of a new system but will catch on. They are smart players who realize they do not have to beat you with athleticism. No offfense BH, but it is an opinion and you do have some athletes just not across the board and nobody really likes to play you because of what I just mentioned.
[/quote]

This could be said about many teams. Like the post. If Lumberton had always had this philosophy maybe they would compete in 20-4a more often.

Lee has absolutely zero discipline.  No doubt.
I told my wife at the game Friday that it looked like they were just out for their first day of playing football...ever.

I do remember the make up of that 86 team pretty well...as well as can be expected for a 10 year old at the time.

Lee no longer has the depth of talent to compete with North Shore and Eisenhower and those guys.
Lee should, as you point out, have the talent to compete in 19-4A.
Maybe a move to a sophomore qb will turn things around for them one more time.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="841095" timestamp="1283870246"]
I told my wife at the game Friday that it looked like they were just out for their first day of playing football...ever.

I do remember the make up of that 86 team pretty well...as well as can be expected for a 10 year old at the time.

Lee no longer has the depth of talent to compete with North Shore and Eisenhower and those guys.
[/quote]
I am getting off track here but when you here people talk about RB's letting a play develop offensively, the same can be said defensively. The kids have to be patient and read and remember what they are hopefully taught in practice. Do not just run after the ball or where you think the ball is going. Stay at home and read.. No patience to read the play, they all want to make the play, which is selfish. A D-lineman's #1 responsibility is to keep the OL off of the LBs so they can make plays. Do not run around blocks allowing OL to get to the LBs and open up running lanes in the process. I would rather have a patient, average and disciplined DE or OLB than a athletic OLB that overruns pl1ays constantly. I get pissed watching the players ignore what they are taught. Stay at home and do your job or stay on the bench. Lol

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="cbear4" post="841115" timestamp="1283873163"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=72515.msg841095#msg841095 date=1283870246]

[/quote]
I am getting off track here but when you here people talk about RB's letting a play develop offensively, the same can be said defensively. The kids have to be patient and read and remember what they are hopefully taught in practice. Do not just run after the ball or where you think the ball is going. Stay at home and read.. No patience to read the play, they all want to make the play, which is selfish. A D-lineman's #1 responsibility is to keep the OL off of the LBs so they can make plays. Do not run around blocks allowing OL to get to the LBs and open up running lanes in the process. I would rather have a patient, average and disciplined DE or OLB than a athletic OLB that overruns pl1ays constantly. I get pissed watching the players ignore what they are taught. Stay at home and do your job or stay on the bench. Lol
[/quote]

But how can I dance and celebrate like the pros if I am not making the tackle every play.

[quote name="hookem 2010" post="841086" timestamp="1283868971"]
[quote author=cbear4 link=topic=72515.msg841079#msg841079 date=1283868107]

[/quote]

This could be said about many teams. Like the post. If Lumberton had always had this philosophy maybe they would compete in 20-4a more often.
[/quote]where does Lumberton even come in to this? this is 19-4A chat

Just a question... who in 19-4a besides dayton could stay with Montgomery for a half? No seriously.... besides the fact that our kids burn out their not getting blown out the whole game, in both loses its been 3rd and 4th quarter collapses.... while i agree thats bad its something thats fixable, takes a little heart is all.

All in all the cougs look better at this point (much better) in the season than they did last season at this point, and lets be honest as far as im concerned Montgomery/PNG/Dayton at least one of those teams will knock another out in playoffs, not to mention Dobbins 2nd game was much better, we gave up 240 to him next game they gave up like 300 yrds hes crazy good.

PNG has a very good passing attack we let them get into a rhythm and when a passing team gets in a rhythm you end up having to make the  QB lay down and the defensive front couldn't do that. Zone defense, no pressure, offense in the zone.

But those things are fixable.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami