Predictions Jasper vs Houston Worthing at the dawg house

Listen, if you are just watching the scores, you do not know what Jasper can be. Are they doing it right now? No. But they are a team who's talent is really better  than the scores suggest. Will they be better? Do not know. According to how the coaches adjust and the kids respond. Both of the losses so far are to really decent 4A teams. Both games gave Jasper the opportunity to be close in the end, but mental errors let it get ugly in the late third quarter on. Really not just trying to take up for them, cause they may lose every game, but they are better than the scores suggest as far as talent. They are not better in execution, which I know is huge. I am not ready to throw them under the bus yet. They have a tough schedule for an inexperienced team, but it may make them better. We will see. Do not be so sure that they wont have a good year. Health is also an issue. If they win 2-3 in pre-district and 3-4 in district, then win one playoff game, it will be a good year for such a young team. That is realistic with the schedule and district.

I also feel like Jasper will win this week, but am not confident. Gonna say they win 28-24 because they get some of the mental mistakes worked out.     

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="839643" timestamp="1283661242"]
Been looking for some info on them. Didn't know anything about them, but they beat Houston Davis 28-0 today I think. Stats are not all that impressive though. 
[/quote]

Waltrip did not play Davis today.

They are 0-2 after losing to Silsbee in week 0 40-9 and then losing to Pasedena Thursday night, 35-14.

Silsbee totally dominated Waltrip, limiting them to just 64 total yards of offense, -2 yards rushing. Silsbee racked up 319 yards of offense.

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="841454" timestamp="1283900251"]
1 of 2? Come on. I really think they will beat Huntington and Diboll. They will probably win this week and maybe against Ofield. Possible they beat Center as well. They may do better than you think.
[/quote]

yeah i would have to agree with you on this one

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="841454" timestamp="1283900251"]
1 of 2? Come on. I really think they will beat Huntington and Diboll. They will probably win this week and maybe against Ofield. Possible they beat Center as well. They may do better than you think.
[/quote]

I hope you're right. I'm trying to count the wins. There's no way we beat Center this year. They have some key starters back and probably should have beat us last year. Diboll and Orangefield are toss ups. If we can get it rolling by district, maybe we pull out some surprises.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder