PN-G....10-0 again???

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BaseBow" post="834159" timestamp="1283085401"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=72154.msg834155#msg834155 date=1283084104]
[quote author=TexAgNDN link=topic=72154.msg833047#msg833047 date=1283000039]
Looking at how PAM dominated Central, I'll make my Prediction.......10-0 baby!  Last year I predicted 9-1.  I think this years team is as good, maybe even better!  All the PN-G fans out there, get ready, it's gonna be a fun ride!  

[/quote][glow=red,2,300]Kinda like Memorial dominated yall the week prior, huh?   8) 8)[/glow][/quote]You got up early just to post this :D What took you so long
[/quote]I was sick for most of the weekend for obvious reasons... :D :D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="834185" timestamp="1283089628"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=72154.msg834159#msg834159 date=1283085401]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=72154.msg834155#msg834155 date=1283084104]
[quote author=TexAgNDN link=topic=72154.msg833047#msg833047 date=1283000039]
Looking at how PAM dominated Central, I'll make my Prediction.......10-0 baby!  Last year I predicted 9-1.  I think this years team is as good, maybe even better!  All the PN-G fans out there, get ready, it's gonna be a fun ride!  

[/quote][glow=red,2,300]Kinda like Memorial dominated yall the week prior, huh?   8) 8)[/glow][/quote]You got up early just to post this :D What took you so long
[/quote]I was sick for most of the weekend for obvious reasons... :D :D
[/quote]

I.e. Hiding!!

I wonder how many area 20-4a coaches are making their plans on stopping PNG based on what they saw from this game? Plug the middle and keep Jalai (is that right?) bottled up and you can pull off a win/come back. It was a good game though, PNG did a good job but GP's crafty old coach showed how years what years of experience gets you. I'm wondering what the PNG kickers' range is though, I was listening on the radio by the end of the game but unless I had it backwards you guys were at 4th down on their 21 right? If that's the case the kick would have been around the 35-36 yard range.

I dont know what the kickers range is but judging what i saw the kicker is a nonfactor, if we dont find a secondary that can at least hold onto a receiver it is gonna be a long season for my ndns lol what i saw was absolutely pathetic. As for 10-0 well i dont care and think we all know they got the bighead, now that reality has bitten them in the --- well i bet practice wont be fun this  coming week. AS for plugging up the hole and covering jalai well one better think about nelson and gizzi they did show some sparks of being able to get open and find the right spot. It is the first week and we got a loss. no big deal it doesnt matter till district starts so unil then we have time to fill in the blanks and try to salvage our defense. Still dont understand why we didnt attempt to kick the fieldgoal but i know on fourth and one i think i run the sweep instead of the bull rush up the middle when there was 10 in the box. but no excuses a loss is a loss and we need to learn from it and go on about our business. But on a good note the offense in the first half did move the ball well, alot of dropped passes no excuses for that especially when you are 10 yards behind the secondary and the ball hits you right in the hand  and you coulda walked into the enzone and wrote a book. we need to do some soul searching but i must say even though we lost it still was a very interesting game to watch kudos to gp played one heck of a game. oh and btw i was at the memorial central game man that defense is for real great job memorial even though you have some horrible fans that are rude and obnoxious. It is amazing at some of the crap you catch when you wear a ball cap of your team that you support and some a$$%^&* runs his mouth because you are a visiting fan and he wants to make a scene, go figure. Centrals fans were a class act although they did give me some funny looks. lol they will get over it , no offense soulja  ;D

[quote name="biaplayer" post="834459" timestamp="1283117587"]
I dont know what the kickers range is but judging what i saw the kicker is a nonfactor, if we dont find a secondary that can at least hold onto a receiver it is gonna be a long season for my ndns lol what i saw was absolutely pathetic. As for 10-0 well i dont care and think we all know they got the bighead, now that reality has bitten them in the --- well i bet practice wont be fun this  coming week. AS for plugging up the hole and covering jalai [b]well one better think about nelson and gizzi[/b] they did show some sparks of being able to get open and find the right spot. It is the first week and we got a loss. no big deal it doesnt matter till district starts so unil then we have time to fill in the blanks and try to salvage our defense. Still dont understand why we didnt attempt to kick the fieldgoal but i know on fourth and one i think i run the sweep instead of the bull rush up the middle when there was 10 in the box. but no excuses a loss is a loss and we need to learn from it and go on about our business. But on a good note the offense in the first half did move the ball well, alot of dropped passes no excuses for that especially when you are 10 yards behind the secondary and the ball hits you right in the hand  and you coulda walked into the enzone and wrote a book. we need to do some soul searching but i must say even though we lost it still was a very interesting game to watch kudos to gp played one heck of a game. oh and btw i was at the memorial central game man that defense is for real great job memorial even though you have some horrible fans that are rude and obnoxious. It is amazing at some of the crap you catch when you wear a ball cap of your team that you support and some a$$%^&* runs his mouth because you are a visiting fan and he wants to make a scene, go figure. Centrals fans were a class act although they did give me some funny looks. lol they will get over it , no offense soulja  ;D
[/quote]
Yeah, I wonder if there's a defensive scheme with say three defensive linemen and 8 safeties....LOL

[quote name="biaplayer" post="834459" timestamp="1283117587"]
I dont know what the kickers range is but judging what i saw the kicker is a nonfactor, if we dont find a secondary that can at least hold onto a receiver it is gonna be a long season for my ndns lol what i saw was absolutely pathetic. As for 10-0 well i dont care and think we all know they got the bighead, now that reality has bitten them in the --- well i bet practice wont be fun this  coming week. AS for plugging up the hole and covering jalai well one better think about nelson and gizzi they did show some sparks of being able to get open and find the right spot. It is the first week and we got a loss. no big deal it doesnt matter till district starts so unil then we have time to fill in the blanks and try to salvage our defense. Still dont understand why we didnt attempt to kick the fieldgoal but i know on fourth and one i think i run the sweep instead of the bull rush up the middle when there was 10 in the box. but no excuses a loss is a loss and we need to learn from it and go on about our business. But on a good note the offense in the first half did move the ball well, alot of dropped passes no excuses for that especially when you are 10 yards behind the secondary and the ball hits you right in the hand  and you coulda walked into the enzone and wrote a book. we need to do some soul searching but i must say even though we lost it still was a very interesting game to watch kudos to gp played one heck of a game. oh and btw i was at the memorial central game man that defense is for real great job memorial [b]even though you have some horrible fans that are rude and obnoxious. It is amazing at some of the crap you catch when you wear a ball cap of your team that you support and some a$$%^&* runs his mouth because you are a visiting fan and he wants to make a scene[/b], go figure. Centrals fans were a class act although they did give me some funny looks. lol they will get over it , no offense soulja  ;D
[/quote]You should've come sit with me or at least name dropped a little, just say ''The GOAT''

We'll send brooke's 82 over to sit with them next time.

TO  be honest with you raideroldtimer i dont think that that would have helped, from what i saw this was the worst group of defensive backs i have seen in a long long time, they couldnt cover their man  to save their lives. there were some changes at half time and some new #s out there but it was too late the turnover just before half on the int and a td on the next play was unacceptable. that was the difference in the game, doty should have never released that ball. but hopefully they will have some answers on defense and my guess is gizzi should get some reps on defense i think he can cover better there than what we have now and he has expierence from last year. I really dont have the answers right now but i hope someone does and makes the changes quick friday will be upon us before we know it.

[quote name="biaplayer" post="834518" timestamp="1283121887"]
TO  be honest with you raideroldtimer i dont think that that would have helped, from what i saw this was the worst group of defensive backs i have seen in a long long time, they couldnt cover their man  to save their lives. there were some changes at half time and some new #s out there but it was too late the turnover just before half on the int and a td on the next play was unacceptable. that was the difference in the game, doty should have never released that ball. but hopefully they will have some answers on defense and my guess is gizzi should get some reps on defense i think he can cover better there than what we have now and he has expierence from last year. I really dont have the answers right now but i hope someone does and makes the changes quick friday will be upon us before we know it.
[/quote]

I gotta mention this...  What happened to that 30 points you said y'all were gonna put up???? ;) ::)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="834627" timestamp="1283131730"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=72154.msg834518#msg834518 date=1283121887]
[/quote]

That went out the window with "we're gonna be unstoppale" and "cant catch what you cant see"... ::)

I gotta mention this...  What happened to that 30 points you said y'all were gonna put up???? ;) ::)
[/quote]

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="834627" timestamp="1283131730"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=72154.msg834518#msg834518 date=1283121887]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It was 29,  man!  How picky can you get?

Ok Hold on lets slow down this whole defensive end bashing by a png fan  now i rewatched the game on line as I always do  and there are a couple of plays where we got off but if you watch the game again our guys who are new at what they do stood up to a great quarterback and a great reciever core Im just saying I put trust in the Coaches and there adjustment making  It will all come together. GP was picked to play this game because there one of the best in the state. So was PNG It will be a long season for certian fans if they dont start having some faith and let the coaches do what they get paid for and you do what you pay to do just enjoy the game.

Guest tappedout
Our kicker is very good and has a lot of range but the coaching staff had faith that we could get closer. A lot of bad things can happen on special team's. I'm sure we would do the same thing again if we had to.

Guest tappedout
Don't forget about last year, we were having a few problem's in the secondary and a few changes were made and I believe Gizzy was one of the one's that got moved. I believe they put Denzlinger in his spot. Have faith in the coach's. They started playing some a lot of different guy's in the 2nd half, they will get the right combination together.

[quote name="tappedout" post="834847" timestamp="1283172264"]
Don't forget about last year, we were having a few problem's in the secondary and a few changes were made and I believe Gizzy was one of the one's that got moved. I believe they put Denzlinger in his spot. Have faith in the coach's. They started playing some a lot of different guy's in the 2nd half, they will get the right combination together.
[/quote]

Good post.  I totally agree.  GP game was a good learning experience for PNG.  Faircloth will make the adjustments needed in the secondary.

Alright, alright, I should have got on here and replied yesterday, i have to admit, I was in denial.  I'm here now to take it like a man.  My new prediction is 9-1.  Hahaha. 

I love the way PN-G played.  I feel like we let this one get away.  The turnover that led to a TD for GP at the end of the first half was killer.

[quote name="TexAgNDN" post="835311" timestamp="1283215110"]
Alright, alright, I should have got on here and replied yesterday, i have to admit, I was in denial.  I'm here now to take it like a man.  My new prediction is 9-1.  Hahaha.  

I love the way PN-G played.  I feel like we let this one get away.  The turnover that led to a TD for GP at the end of the first half was killer.
[/quote]
Glad you came back and posted TexAgNDN! You started this thread and really got the haters going! I do agree with your new prediction, but admit it will be tough to attain. We will not see a team of G-P's caliber again until postseason, so it is possible. The Indians will have to make some corrections and step it up a notch or two to make it happen. Scalp 'em!