NEWTON @ KIRBYVILLE (predictions..piney woods bowl)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EagleFan01
[quote name="LAPD" post="835862" timestamp="1283287325"]
I heard through the grapevine Kelvin Bennet was hurt. Just a rumor need help from some newton, kirbyville or jasper fan they all keep up with each other lol.
[/quote]

Kelvin Bennett is not hurt he is just fine never was hurt not sure who you heard that from or started that. He is 100% and ready to go.

Kville looks like a team in week 10 , They been hard at it in practice . Eager to see how Newton will come out in the first half, will we see the same old week 1 Eagles or will they surprise me?

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="836345" timestamp="1283356279"]
[quote author=LAPD link=topic=72153.msg835862#msg835862 date=1283287325]
I heard through the grapevine Kelvin Bennet was hurt. Just a rumor need help from some newton, kirbyville or jasper fan they all keep up with each other lol.
[/quote]

Kelvin Bennett is not hurt he is just fine never was hurt not sure who you heard that from or started that. He is 100% and ready to go.
[/quote]
Thanks EagleFan01 for the comfirmation I would have had to changed my prediction on this game if it were true

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="837086" timestamp="1283477128"]
I hope that Wildcats offense looks better this week...I imagine Jack was working out all the issues we had.
Is it just me or is everyone waiting on Ford toget cranked up!!?

Go Kats!!!!
[/quote]
he will be cranked up good this game kirbyvilles offensive line was not playing there best against coldsprings but i believe that will change this game and ford will be back to his normal ways

[quote name="LAPD" post="837110" timestamp="1283478401"]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=72153.msg837086#msg837086 date=1283477128]
I hope that Wildcats offense looks better this week...I imagine Jack was working out all the issues we had.
Is it just me or is everyone waiting on Ford toget cranked up!!?

Go Kats!!!!
[/quote]
he will be cranked up good this game kirbyvilles offensive line was not playing there best against coldsprings but i believe that will change this game and ford will be back to his normal ways
[/quote]

Ford will run when Alvarez thinks it necessary...No coach in his right mind wants to get a major player on his team injured before even going into district...Ford will get his chances...Lot's of football left... ;)

1-0 on the year....going for two

1        2        3        4        F
NEWTON        7        6        0        6      19
KIRBYVILLE      7      13      8        7      35

Newton will score first and last in the 1st half
Kirbyville will be -1 in the turnover batter in half 1

GO KATS

[quote name="triskaideka" post="837479" timestamp="1283534106"]
1-0 on the year....going for two

1        2        3        4        F
NEWTON         7        6        0        6       19
KIRBYVILLE      7       13       8        7       35

Newton will score first and last in the 1st half
Kirbyville will be -1 in the turnover batter in half 1

GO KATS
[/quote]

I had to put my crystal ball in the shop for a 10,000 mile check up..So I'll just say whatever Newton scores I hope Kirbyville can score more.... ;)

no contest this year. not that Newton is that bad but kirbyville's defense is just that good. W.T. Johnson is just that good of a defensive coordinator. Good luck Kirbyville throughout the playoffs, I think you will make a good run towards the state championship. Newton's offensive and defensive lines have not yet developed. They will be ready by the time the playoffs begin.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="purpleeagle" post="837569" timestamp="1283540657"]
no contest this year. not that Newton is that bad but kirbyville's defense is just that good. W.T. Johnson is just that good of a defensive coordinator. Good luck Kirbyville throughout the playoffs, I think you will make a good run towards the state championship. Newton's offensive and defensive lines have not yet developed. They will be ready by the time the playoffs begin.
[/quote]

My word, week one and you have Kirbyville in the play offs already.  Could well be, but they are AAA this year - don't look for them to sniff too closely to the state championship.  Geez :o :o :o

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="837569" timestamp="1283540657"]
[/quote]

Thanks purple eagle,And if I know Newton they will be in the thick of things for the State Title also...Good Luck to Newton & The Eagles...Look for a good game and hopefully no injuries for either team... ;)

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="837576" timestamp="1283540947"]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=72153.msg837569#msg837569 date=1283540657]
[/quote]

My word, week one and you have Kirbyville in the play offs already.  Could well be, but they are AAA this year - don't look for them to sniff too closely to the state championship.  Geez :o :o :o
[/quote]

Kirbyville has been 3A before not that long ago...Right now they have a 2A enrollment,But they're playing 3A ball...The last time Kirbyville was in 3A they lost out in the third round to China Springs...Who would go on to be State Champs that year...Not saying it will happen again..But we are not new to 3A ball...Neither is Newton they have the trophy to prove it... ;)

Both D's are very talented the game will depend on how Newton's O will play in there first game, and to cooment on what tiger said 3a 2a whatever it doesnt matter, does anyone remember Tatum won state in 3a then turned around the nxt season and won it in 2a if you have a good Talented team you can win state no matter if you are in 2a or 3a not much seperates the 2a 3a talent they have about the same talent and potienial ,coaching just gets better as you move up the ladder.

[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="837617" timestamp="1283544652"]
Both D's are very talented the game will depend on how Newton's O will play in there first game, and to cooment on what tiger said 3a 2a whatever it doesnt matter, does anyone remember Tatum won state in 3a then turned around the nxt season and won it in 2a if you have a good Talented team you can win state no matter if you are in 2a or 3a not much seperates the 2a 3a talent they have about the same talent and potienial ,coaching just gets better as you move up the ladder.
[/quote]
I hate to break it to you, but Coach Barbay said this morning that the defense is not near where he thought it would be by now and they have changed some positions players are playing to try to find some cure for some of the problems. This has always been his way of coaching. From the beginning of the season until about midway through, lineups are constantly altered to try to find the best chemistry for the team. This year is no different. He also said Kirbyville looks like they are playing like this is their eighth game. Way ahead of anyone else. Very well coached. But not unbeatable. 3A - 2A thing, it takes special talent regardless and if your trying to find that talent out of a small enrollment versus a large enrollment, obviously percentages are with the large enrollment. This still doesn't mean a great team is automatic from either.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami