Does your heart good!

We were at the West Brook "B" team game last night as they played Port Neches' "B" team.  We kept noticing a lady on the sidelines walking up and down following the coaches.  It was obvious she was very involved in the game.  We soon realized that she was signing to one of the players.  As the mom of a hearing impaired child, I LOVE seeing others accept these children onto their teams and giving them a chance.  Kudos to the coaching staff and to this lady for putting forth the extra effort that it takes for him to play.  West Brook "B" team coaches and this young lady - you have a new fan!  Thanks for making a difference!

Liltex - you nailed it with that comment.  It does require a lot more effort and work on the athlete's part. 

I hope someone will keep us updated.  I just happened to be at the one game but would also love to hear how he progresses.  I hope he continues to follow that dream. 

As a coach it's easy to get caught up in the wins and losses, (no matter what anyone says, a coaches job does rely on the wins) but this is a great story.  I'm proud to see the West Brook coaches giving this young man a chance to play and be a regular kid.  This is something that the young man will never forget as well as the coaches.  Keep up the good work and show the world that coaches do have compassion and heart when it comes to the athletes. 

You never know how stories like these will affect others.

When my daughter played softball for Alabama, the mail and emails she received was unbelievable!  Lauren recorded her introduction at the first World Series and after the first airing, a camera person came up to her with tears in their eyes.  This person had a nephew that was hearing impaired and was going through a really rough time of being picked on by others.  This person wanted Lauren to know what an inspiration she was to him and that she had a new fan:)  The second trip to the World Series, there were people searching her down to meet their kids, family members, and/or friends so they could visit with her.  I hope this young man continues to follow those dreams!  Never let anyone or anything stand in your way.  Prove them wrong!

We are such a sports family.  We love watching all sports and admire those athletes that are phenominal in their game.  But it is people like this that we truly admire.  They have to overcome so much and put in such incredible amounts of effort in order to compete in such an intense atmosphere.  It just really does your heart good...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami