Newton's Curtis Barbay says he might retire after next season.

Guest txrailcat74

Guest txrailcat74
[url=http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/community-news/jnb/local/barbay_to_call_it_quits_next_year.html]http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/community-news/jnb/local/barbay_to_call_it_quits_next_year.html[/url]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="txrailcat74" post="830821" timestamp="1282780971"]
[url=http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/community-news/jnb/local/barbay_to_call_it_quits_next_year.html]http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/community-news/jnb/local/barbay_to_call_it_quits_next_year.html[/url]
[/quote] :o :o :o :o

[quote name="scooter!" post="830827" timestamp="1282781181"]
[quote author=txrailcat74 link=topic=72045.msg830821#msg830821 date=1282780971]
[/quote] :o :o :o :o
[/quote]

:o :o and double that. :o :o

That man has earned his respect. He is one of the best coaches this area has ever seen maybe the best. He should be in the Texas High School Football HoF. He is one of the few still coaching that believe in the old way of gettin things done. I hold high regards for this man and he has deserved wit eveything he has achieved.

[quote name="u_dnt_kno_me" post="830886" timestamp="1282785547"]
i had respect for the man until he dogged our team
[/quote]

You'll find that Coach Barbay doesn't Dog anyone's team ..... He does however voice His Honest Opinion and won't sugarcoat that opinion for the sake of somebodies tender feelings. If You're Honest with Yourself about Your team; You'll see that whatever the Coach said about Your team is pretty accurate. Telling people what they need to hear is not only more honest, it's more likely to help them improve than telling them the lies that they want to hear. Ask Your Coach ..... He'll tell You the same thing. u_dnt_kno_squat.

Coach Barbay is the only coach,coaching now that I would refer to as a living legend in High School Football locally,and probably beyond that..Old School hard nosed football coach,That will tell you what you need to hear,and not what you want to hear..I have known Coach Barbay for a number of years,and He has never changed his beliefs on or off the football field..It will indeed be a sad day for Newton when He retires..You just don't hire a Curtis Barbay off the streets...I wish Him all the best in His retirement,It is very well deserved indeed...Good Luck Coach Barbay... ;)

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="831118" timestamp="1282830277"]
I enjoyed my time playing in Newton with Barbay and I know he has given a lot to not only Newton but to the state...you will be missed.....I only ask one thing Curtis...[u]BEAT Daingerfield[/u] before you leave!!!!
[/quote]

Second that motion.... ;)

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Newtonjb" post="831017" timestamp="1282801910"]
You'll find that Coach Barbay doesn't Dog anyone's team .....
[/quote]

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="831045" timestamp="1282817233"]
Coach Barbay is the only coach,coaching now that I would refer to as a living legend in High School Football locally,and probably beyond that..Old School hard nosed football coach,That will tell you what you need to hear,and not what you want to hear..I have known Coach Barbay for a number of years,and He has never changed his beliefs on or off the football field..It will indeed be a sad day for Newton when He retires..You just don't hire a Curtis Barbay off the streets...I wish Him all the best in His retirement,It is very well deserved indeed...Good Luck Coach Barbay... ;)
[/quote]

Naw Roy Harper also bro

[quote name="u_dnt_kno_me" post="831569" timestamp="1282877556"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=72045.msg831045#msg831045 date=1282817233]
[/quote]

Naw Roy Harper also bro
[/quote]

Roy Harper??  Great coach and had mild success at Burkeville, but to say he is in the same class with Curtis Barbay is insanity.  Barbay is Texas High School football royalty and should be treated as such.  I for one hope he doesn't retire.  I look forward to seeing his Newton teams battle with his son Darrell's Anahuac teams for several years!!

It will be interesting to see how the Eagles fare when Barbay goes into retirement.  Will they continue the high standards Newton football achieved under Barbay or will there be a noticeable dropoff?  How much of the success can be attributed to talent and how much to coaching is a question that can come up when the head coach of a respected program like Newton's retires or is replaced.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="831191" timestamp="1282841857"]
[quote author=Newtonjb link=topic=72045.msg831017#msg831017 date=1282801910]
You'll find that Coach Barbay doesn't Dog anyone's team .....
[/quote]

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]

Brains By Mattel.........Enough Said.

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="835235" timestamp="1283209132"]
It will be interesting to see how the Eagles fare when Barbay goes into retirement.  Will they continue the high standards Newton football achieved under Barbay or will there be a noticeable dropoff?   How much of the success can be attributed to talent and how much to coaching is a question that can come up when the head coach of a respected program like Newton's retires or is replaced.
[/quote]

Any coach can take a good crop of natural athletes and win with them..What is the possibility of a coach getting a good crop of kids for 10 to 20 years in a row( not very good)..When you take what you have and make winners with them you have earned the name COACH,and that is what coach Barbay has done..Give respect where it is due..In my book Coach Barbay You have earned it... You are a COACH...

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="835130" timestamp="1283198903"]
[quote author=MUSTANGPRIDE link=topic=72045.msg835098#msg835098 date=1283194700]
Barbay needs to retire or be fired...
[/quote]
How many playoff games have Burkeville been involved in the past 5 years? What you call dogging I call the truth. Burkeville has not been competitive in several years.
[/quote]

Regardless to how many playoff games burkeville has been involved or not involved in.. Does not give Barbay the right to say what he said about a group of kids who are directly affected by a situation that was beyond their control.. Unless u know the whole story, stop making assumptions. If burkeville kids are so sorry, y was barbay recruiting kids from our school district  to play on his eagle team? Yeah he did check out for your self.. he had several kids from cr 1012 playing for his team and the were not in that school district. he spent many summers trying to recriut our kids...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder