Mount Carmel at Chester/ Mt. Carmel Wins/Comments

Chester was just overmatched in size, speed and numbers. The boys played well and there was some promising signs. Chester returned a kickoff for a touchdown and one more was called back because of a penalty. There were several spectacular catches made one great one in the end zone for a touchdown. Chester trailed by only 5 or 6 points in the 4th qtr but Mount Carmels size and speed made the differance in the end.

It's good to hear that the atmosphere was positive. The folks in Chester need to remember that their boys are still learning the nuances of the 6 man game and will be playing schools that have had their players playing 6 man since junior high.

Despite the big plays towards the end which spread the score to what it was, the boys really played good Friday night.  It was 39-33 with 7 minutes left in the game, but like I said Mt Carmel made some big plays that resulted in TD's.  The great thing that I heard from the parents themselves after the game was how exciting it was, how well the boys played and how they will get better at this.  We had a good crowd, the fans got excited and I really think the boys had fun.  We can't wait for this Friday!

Our Jr High boys begin their play this Thursday at Brazosport Christian.  And let me tell you they are just as excited.  I believe Coach said we ended up with 16 boys for JH, although about half are 6th graders.  But we have some competitors to say the least.  If they don't win a game it won't be from the lack of trying!  Can't wait to watch them too!

Thanks to all for the encouragement and good wishes!  Best wishes to each of your teams as well!

Well, one thing is for certain!  The folks in Chester have no fear!  They go next week to Bellville to play Seguin Lifegate Christian, who is ranked #1 in the states in TAPPS 6 man Division II by sixmanfootball.com.

Then they have an opponent from Irving cancel on them and who do they pick up?  Throckmorton!  Ranked #2 in the state in UIL 6 man Division I.

It is obvious that Coach Holton does not believe in a shallow end of the pool!  Kudos to him for stepping up!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder