Congrats PNG!

Guest LR1969

Guest LR1969
I know it's late but I've been out of the loop this summer. Just wanted to say Congrats to the Indians for being chosen to participate in the Texas Football Classic. Can't think of a local team with more tradition or one with greater fans. The invitiation was well deserved. Do us proud PN-G and represent the Golden Triangle well. Good Luck!!!

Guest LR1969
[quote name="NDNTime" post="829629" timestamp="1282601173"]
Thanks.  You know our boys will give it their all.  We should have a really good turnout this weekend.
[/quote]

I don't doubt it. Nobody travels like PN-G fans. If anyone doubts it, look at the record books!

If we haven't sold out our entire allotment of tickets, we are darn close.  And that says something for a week 0 game all the way in San Antonio.  Plus we should have a fair number of alumni making the trip because of its centralized location.  Many alums live in Austin.  Hopefully they will be able to make the short drive to San Antonio.  Indian Nation will be represented.  And we take it as a badge of honor to represent all of the teams in SETexas in San Antonio this weekend.  Hopefully us being there will bring more attention to SETexas football as a whole.

Guest LR1969
I will definitely play it up in my blog next week on DCTF. I know the staff of DCTF keep a close eye on PN-G football despite what many in the area may think. It's no accident that PN-G was chosen for this event. Don't think DCTF doesn't know who the Indians are.

[quote name="LR1969" post="829596" timestamp="1282597748"]
I know it's late but I've been out of the loop this summer. Just wanted to say Congrats to the Indians for being chosen to participate in the Texas Football Classic. Can't think of a local team with more tradition or one with greater fans. The invitiation was well deserved. Do us proud PN-G and represent the Golden Triangle well. Good Luck!!!
[/quote]

Thanks for the support. This is for all of the Golden Triangle to hopefully put this area back on the Texas High School Football map!!!

Hopeflly another team from this area can be invited.

Guest LR1969
[quote name="scooter!" post="829716" timestamp="1282609418"]
they should have a SETX team in it every year IMO. I remember when PAM played SV in San Antonio.

I say next yr get Central, WB or WO-S in it.  8)

Good way to letting folks know about the football being played in SETX
[/quote]

I would love to see more local schools represented and I know people don't like to hear it but tradition is the key to getting opportunities like this...tradition and a fan base that blows everyone else out of the water. Granted, it's been a while since PN-G brought home a ring but their fans have been there through good and bad and they are known around the state. No matter where you go in Texas, you find people who know who PN-G is. It's just not that way for the rest of our local teams, including my hometown of Lumberton (obviously). WO-S has a rich tradition as well, as does Newton and Dayton, but the legacy that is PN-G has no equal in SE Texas. And, this is coming from a Raider fan...LOL! So, don't take offense people if no invites come your school's way. It takes a long time and it takes consistency...not only winning but being there through the bad years and flying your teams colors with pride no matter what happens. You do that enough and people will take notice...Ask the Indian fans. They're living proof!!! Three of the top 10 attendance records in Texas high school football were for games PN-G played in. That says it all! Good luck to everybody in Week Zero. And, may it be a great year for SE Texas.

Guest LR1969
I'm a fan of HS football first and foremost Soulja. I quit taking it too seriously when I left high school myself and moved out into the real world. I still enjoy it but it takes a backseat (way back) to the important things in life. So, tooting the horn of another community (even one that plays my town every year) isn't hard for me at all. I've even tooted the Jags horn a few times and will this year as well. It's all about the kids and the experience they gain through participation but, in the end, it's just a game. Good luck to your Jags!

class act all the way. i am looking forward to the friday night game between memorial and the jags, nothing like watching a good game to get me ready for the trip to san antonio the next morning. It doesnt matter that we are representing our area it could be anyone of the teams just as long as we get a win and let them know why this area is feared by the other regions in the state lol. i just hope the ndns represent well and foremost noone gets hurt. i bleed purple baby but im not scared to watch other teams in the area go at it either, even though they are rivals of now or years past, week 0 is upon us and i dont think i will be getting much sleep  lol

I thank DC for picking our school to play in the Classic. Im sure they will represent this area to the best of our abilities. I also like the choice of opponents Gregory Portland is another school with a long standing history in texas highschool football. Should be a great game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami