The road to STATE!

[quote name="scooter!" post="828396" timestamp="1282363935"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=71878.msg828391#msg828391 date=1282363397]
Beat Katy....beat Cinco Ranch.....WIN Region 3!
[/quote]thats a TALL task with the Katy schools.
[/quote]

Info from Katy's scrimmage:

The controlled portion finished 38-0 Katy. After the controlled portion, both teams spent a few minutes working on punting from the endzone before starting the live segment.

Katy won the live action quarter 10-0 (rolling clock). The night was concluded with some wind sprints for the Tigers.

Overall, a solid night of scrimmage action in my opinion. From what I could tell, there were no major injuries on Katy's side and that is always a huge plus. College Park had a few guys go down and hopefully they'll be OK. Grant Clifton crunched the first QB TWCP started with. It looked like it could have been ribs. Big time hit.

The defense was gashed a few times early on against the option. That was to be expected given you don't gameplan for a scrimmage. However, the defending improved as the night went on and College Park could not do much.

The #1 offense started with touchdowns on their first two drives of the scrimmage in the controlled portion. Katy established the run early with some powerful blocking and strong running. All of the running backs I saw tonight looked good (JV included). They all ran with purpose and hit creases with intent. The offensive line overpowered College Park and set the tempo for the night. Without being able to watch it back on film, I'd say the Hawgs can take some positives from tonight. The playaction game was also working well with Haack showing precision on almost all of his passes. There are 2 or 3 he'll want back, but definitely nothing to be ashamed of. I saw traditional Tiger offense mixed with some new wrinkles.

The overall quality of College Park is debatable, and next week will be an entirely different animal. I would say the Tigers accomplished most of what they wanted tonight. It was a positive first step in my opinion, and I am really excited to start the season.

[quote name="pe2009" post="828400" timestamp="1282364465"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=71878.msg828396#msg828396 date=1282363935]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=71878.msg828391#msg828391 date=1282363397]
[/quote]

The controlled portion finished 38-0 Katy. After the controlled portion, both teams spent a few minutes working on punting from the endzone before starting the live segment.

Katy won the live action quarter 10-0 (rolling clock). The night was concluded with some wind sprints for the Tigers.

Overall, a solid night of scrimmage action in my opinion. From what I could tell, there were no major injuries on Katy's side and that is always a huge plus. College Park had a few guys go down and hopefully they'll be OK. Grant Clifton crunched the first QB TWCP started with. It looked like it could have been ribs. Big time hit.

The defense was gashed a few times early on against the option. That was to be expected given you don't gameplan for a scrimmage. However, the defending improved as the night went on and College Park could not do much.

The #1 offense started with touchdowns on their first two drives of the scrimmage in the controlled portion. Katy established the run early with some powerful blocking and strong running. All of the running backs I saw tonight looked good (JV included). They all ran with purpose and hit creases with intent. The offensive line overpowered College Park and set the tempo for the night. Without being able to watch it back on film, I'd say the Hawgs can take some positives from tonight. The playaction game was also working well with Haack showing precision on almost all of his passes. There are 2 or 3 he'll want back, but definitely nothing to be ashamed of. I saw traditional Tiger offense mixed with some new wrinkles.

The overall quality of College Park is debatable, and next week will be an entirely different animal. I would say the Tigers accomplished most of what they wanted tonight. It was a positive first step in my opinion, and I am really excited to start the season.
[/quote]CP is not that good

[quote name="scooter!" post="828401" timestamp="1282364536"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=71878.msg828400#msg828400 date=1282364465]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=71878.msg828396#msg828396 date=1282363935]
[/quote]

[/quote]CP is not that good
[/quote]
agreed...next week will be different

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="828969" timestamp="1282499250"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=71878.msg828722#msg828722 date=1282442423]
1. Get on our buses

2. Drive to Dallas

3. Kick som butt
[/quote]I thought the state games were going to be played at the Alamodome this year?
[/quote]

5A-3A will be played at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington
2A-1A i believe will be played in Mansfield
have no clue about six man

[quote name="scooter!" post="828385" timestamp="1282362694"]
what's the top 3 things your team (or teams) need to do to reach state?
[/quote]

1. Learn how to win in pre-season.

2. Win in district play.

3. Win the first five rounds of the playoffs.

And BAM! You've got a ticket to Dallas.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="828446" timestamp="1282392075"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=71878.msg828436#msg828436 date=1282388665]
whew!!  I click on threads like this named "road to state" and just pray to god its not another Kville thread!!  LOL  Whew
[/quote]

You mean WOS thread.   ;)
[/quote]
...and you mean another chance to spew your hate for WO-S.  Your level of childishness is unbelievable.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="829335" timestamp="1282535305"]
Rykertx you are not a real kville fan you should get that picture off of your thing. YOUR FAKE
[/quote]

first off its Mr.Rykerx not Rykertx and what makes you think that? 

[quote name="rykerx144" post="829343" timestamp="1282536545"]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=71878.msg829335#msg829335 date=1282535305]
Rykertx you are not a real kville fan you should get that picture off of your thing. YOUR FAKE
[/quote]

first off its Mr.Rykerx not Rykertx and what makes you think that? 
[/quote]

It is time to change that pic...now that we won't have to meet up in the postseason!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont