Kountze @ Evadale

Guest Crazy Dave
Howard went beast chief for sure! Evadale didn't show up to play and wasn't prepared at all it seemed to me... Kountze has improved tremendously!!

They looked better than I thought they would, but still have a lot of work to do. They need to forget this game and focus on HD next week. Evadale will sharpen what they need to and be just fine.
Texas13 it should have surprised you after last year Evadale is not a team that will lay down
they were prepared Kountze just executed a little better and broke a couple of plays.
Stelerczy i will send you a text let me know the next game you are planning to attend

[quote name="Justafan1" post="828476" timestamp="1282398771"]
They looked better than I thought they would, but still have a lot of work to do. They need to forget this game and focus on HD next week. Evadale will sharpen what they need to and be just fine.
Texas13 it should have surprised you after last year Evadale is not a team that will lay down
they were prepared Kountze just executed a little better and broke a couple of plays.
Stelerczy i will send you a text let me know the next game you are planning to attend
[/quote]
ok will do, mostly attend Deweyville games cause my son plays on the team, if you need any updates letme know and I will text you.

Guest Lendale
[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="828555" timestamp="1282409858"]
Can't believe no Evadale people have commented on this game.
[/quote]
No need to comment...we know what we did wrong and what we need to improve on.

First allow me to congratulate the Lions! Coach Stewart had them ready to compete.

Excuses are just that, excuses. I told my son who was mad last night after the scrimmage, "Would you rather loose when it does not count on the record or when it does?" Well of course it you ever have to loose you want to do it when there will be no record of it.

The Rebels had an unusual week of practice, well of walk throughs. Each afternoon when the Rebels hit the field they were forced to move inside due to lightning. Any one who knows football knows that you can't get prepared when you can't hit or run pass routes.

But no excuses from Evadale. Our team will take this and use it as a teaching tool. They will put it behind them and move forward. We wish the Lions a great season, just as we did the Warriors last week. Next week the Rebels [size=16pt][b]will [/b] [/size] be ready and then the records will count, [size=18pt][b]so don't count us out! [/b] [/size]

I'll tell it the way I saw it and I'll do that every time.  I was not that impressed with Kountze.  So, what does that tell you about how I fell about the way the Rebels looked?  Kountze looked ok but a good scouting report will stop Howard, better come up with some more offense or it will be rough in district play. 

If the O line for Evadale doesn't figure this thing out, the running game will not be terribly effective.  The passing game, well, there's some work to be done there.  Bruce for Evadale runs hard and will get some yards but he needs some help.  Nichols will get yards on the ground but everything right now seems to be yards by athleticism.  I never really saw a "play" that worked just guys getting a little on their own.  Defense looked ok, at times, but didn't see that "flying to ball" defense that we've enjoyed at Evadale over the last 4 of so years. 

Like I said, I'll call it the way I see it.  Tighten up Rebels, no one will give it to you this year.

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
I don't know if we are quite in your league yet Rebels...for the past five years or so you have dominated. I respect the tradition, the coaching, and most importantly the fan base...which is unlike anything in 1A football that I have ever seen. Congratulations to your town for achieving that. However, here in the lakes we have some very hungry Mustangs..who are dying to get respect. We dismantled Timpson 3-0 in the scrimmage, a team that beat us 30-0 last year without their star back whom they had Friday. I know for a fact that hardly anyone respects Burkeville anymore...and you have good reason not too...but, take it as you want....this team is much, much better...and just may surprise everyone in the district.

[quote name="Burkeville Chronicle" post="828794" timestamp="1282450997"]
I don't know if we are quite in your league yet Rebels...for the past five years or so you have dominated. [glow=red,2,300]I respect the tradition, the coaching, and most importantly the fan base...which is unlike anything in 1A football that I have ever seen. [/glow] Congratulations to your town for achieving that. However, here in the lakes we have some very hungry Mustangs..who are dying to get respect. We dismantled Timpson 3-0 in the scrimmage, a team that beat us 30-0 last year without their star back whom they had Friday. I know for a fact that hardly anyone respects Burkeville anymore...and you have good reason not too...but, take it as you want....this team is much, much better...and just may surprise everyone in the district.
[/quote] Must not have seen H-D !! When it comes to tradition and pride, not to mention fan base we have it !!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami