Nederland at Dayton Tonight- What can we expect?

Big Ned has their hands full. What a great look for a Nederland team loaded with seniors on offense and a younger defense that has been pretty impressive up to this point. People can say what they will about the importance of a scrimmage but this will really give Nederland a great measuring stick on where they are and what they need to concentrate on leading up to district play.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="827802" timestamp="1282313190"]
Big Ned has their hands full. What a great look for a Nederland team loaded with seniors on offense and a younger defense that has been pretty impressive up to this point. People can say what they will about the importance of a scrimmage but this will really give Nederland a great measuring stick on where they are and what they need to concentrate on leading up to district play.
[/quote]check your pm. roughrider

Guest LR1969
Not sure since this is a scrimmage and not sure what type of scrimmage it will be. But, if this game were being played next Friday I would go with Dayton hands down (by at least 2 td's).

[quote name="Roughrider" post="827802" timestamp="1282313190"]
[/quote]

It is just a scrimmage but we will see how Nederland does defensively since that has been a bit of a disappointment in recent years. Dayton is really good, but i don't think Ned is going to let them win. They better come to play.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="827876" timestamp="1282318310"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=71850.msg827802#msg827802 date=1282313190]
[/quote]

It is just a scrimmage but we will see how Nederland does defensively since that has been a bit of a disappointment in recent years. Dayton is really good, but i don't think Ned is going to let them win. [b]They better come to play.[/b]
[/quote]

No doubt about that. IMO, dayton plays one way, all out. I personally like the mentality. What better way to get ready for a game situation than to treat it like a real game? I don't like the idea of having to flip the mental switch when all of the sudden the special teams are live. Any time you are facing someone other than your own teammates... get after 'em, scrimmage or not.

I think Dayton is a big favorite going in. I think they have a really good team this season as they have in the last several years. Hopefully the Dogs can put forth a good showing. I was surprised how easily Dayton handled WO-S which kinda scares me for our chances tonight.

[quote name="jake94" post="827881" timestamp="1282318607"]
I think Dayton is a big favorite going in. I think they have a really good team this season as they have in the last several years. Hopefully the Dogs can put forth a good showing. I was surprised how easily Dayton handled WO-S which kinda scares me for our chances tonight.
[/quote] Don't know anything about Nederland what kind of offense do you run , do you like to run  mostly or do you pass from the spread ? I wouldn't say we handled WOS easily ,but our run defense is very good already ,you might want to throw some deep passes thats where we need the work at. Our offense is loaded so tell your team to bring their track shoes.

Guest octfeb
[quote name="LR1969" post="827864" timestamp="1282317530"]
Not sure since this is a scrimmage and not sure what type of scrimmage it will be. But, if this game were being played next Friday I would go with Dayton hands down (by at least 2 td's).
[/quote]If they play it like they did against WOS, it's played like a regular game except for when they kick. They kick the opposing team catches and they put the ball on whatever yard line they caught it at then play like its a real game.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="827895" timestamp="1282320264"]
[quote author=jake94 link=topic=71850.msg827881#msg827881 date=1282318607]
[/quote] Don't know anything about Nederland what kind of offense do you run , do you like to run  mostly or do you pass from the spread ? I wouldn't say we handled WOS easily ,but our run defense is very good already ,you might want to throw some deep passes thats where we need the work at. Our offense is loaded so tell your team to bring their track shoes.
[/quote]
Man Jayhawk you don't know Nederland well do you? The 'dawgs are a spread offense that loves to throw the ball often. They usually do find a good back or two in their ranks too so depending 100% on the pass is the wrong thing to do as they will drop their shoulder and run. The biggest question for BigNed over the past several years has been on the other side of the ball, will their defense show up or not?

[quote name="bronco1" post="827861" timestamp="1282317371"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=71850.msg827845#msg827845 date=1282316453]
A bold statemant  but expected from  donkey fan
[/quote]

When you belittle your opponent, it makes it that much worse when you lose.
[/quote]

??? - boy you guys really have a complex - folks ask how the game will go - I state my humble opinion and you two freak out - I did not belittle Nederland and how do you know what to expect from me Jackhammer? I am basing this on Nederlands talent and Daytons talent, plus our game last year against both, granted the teams are different - but that is what I have to go on. it is called an opinion - sorry if you two think it was in poor form or the typical FW response. Nice job with the nick name ballpinghammer - but a donkey and a mustang are no where near the same!! Have a good day. What games are you going to watch Jack??

[quote name="BaseBow" post="827915" timestamp="1282322182"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71850.msg827814#msg827814 date=1282313808]
Dayton[glow=red,2,300] will manhandle Nederland[/glow]. Should outscore  by 3 TD's. [glow=red,2,300]I think??[/glow]
[/quote]WOW...You sound so sure of yourself
[/quote]

Hint hint - that was in fun - but clearly missed the mark for you!! I am just a typical arrogant FW fan trying to have a little fun!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="827934" timestamp="1282324513"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=71850.msg827861#msg827861 date=1282317371]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=71850.msg827845#msg827845 date=1282316453]
[/quote]

[/quote]

??? - boy you guys really have a complex - folks ask how the game will go - I state my humble opinion and you two freak out - I did not belittle Nederland and how do you know what to expect from me Jackhammer? I am basing this on Nederlands talent and Daytons talent, plus our game last year against both, granted the teams are different - but that is what I have to go on. it is called an opinion - sorry if you two think it was in poor form or the typical FW response. Nice job with the nick name ballpinghammer - but a donkey and a mustang are no where near the same!! Have a good day. What games are you going to watch Jack??
[/quote]

I think bronco1 was talking to Jack with that response.... not sure though. I'll let him chime in.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="827929" timestamp="1282323627"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=71850.msg827895#msg827895 date=1282320264]
[/quote]
Man Jayhawk you don't know Nederland well do you? The 'dawgs are a spread offense that loves to throw the ball often. They usually do find a good back or two in their ranks too so depending 100% on the pass is the wrong thing to do as they will drop their shoulder and run. The biggest question for BigNed over the past several years has been on the other side of the ball, will their defense show up or not?
[/quote] Ok thanks for the info Radiooildtimer- you guys have a safe trip and don't bring any rain .

[quote name="dayton" post="827944" timestamp="1282325121"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71850.msg827934#msg827934 date=1282324513]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=71850.msg827861#msg827861 date=1282317371]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think bronco1 was talking to Jack with that response.... not sure though. I'll let him chime in.
[/quote]

Thanks - that would make sense!

[quote name="jayhawk" post="827947" timestamp="1282325461"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=71850.msg827929#msg827929 date=1282323627]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=71850.msg827895#msg827895 date=1282320264]
[/quote]
[/quote] Ok thanks for the info Radiooildtimer- you guys have a safe trip and don't bring any rain .
[/quote] Ok my boo-boo- I know your a Lumberton fan --

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124