Vidor vs Orangefield

Orangefield is going to be ok...we looked horrible against Vidor last year too on offense and ended up setting all kinds of school records for rushing in a season. Will we see that same success this year, not likely but who knows. I do know this...our offense will be just fine when we get all the pieces back together. Against Vidor we didn't have our starting QB who will sit until our season opener. He knows the offense well because he played tailback last season. He's a big strong kid that runs hard and has very deceptive speed. Our backup QB and JV QB played against Vidor and they're just not at the same caliber as our starter. We also didn't have two key running backs against Vidor, one is also our all district returning linebacker. Our all district center won't be back till Week 3 as well, we converted a defensive end to center this past week of practice just to have someone fill that spot. On top of that we were very basic in the scrimmage, probably ran a total of 5 different plays and didn't pass the ball one time. Coach Huck knows what he's doing and I trust him in the way he's bringing this young football team around.

I think Vidor is going to be ok as well. Both teams run the same offense and it looked like at times that both defenses knew what the offense was going to do before they even ran the play. I think we'll get a better look at how both these teams will fair after this weeks scrimmages. I enjoy scrimmaging Vidor, very respectful team that will hit you in the mouth and then help you up. No show boating at all and I think that reflects their head coach and coaching staff. I'll be rooting for them Pirates this season!!!

Guest BOBCAT
[quote name="can.u.play?" post="826036" timestamp="1281982738"]
Lhsof23,do you honestly think that's why they lost? 3 people is not a whole team..not even close. I know someone with ties within the program and they are destined for a winless season according to him..he said they are worse than the teams from a few years back.
[/quote]

::)

[quote name="can.u.play?" post="826036" timestamp="1281982738"]
Lhsof23,do you honestly think that's why they lost? 3 people is not a whole team..not even close. I know someone with ties within the program and they are destined for a winless season according to him..he said they are worse than the teams from a few years back.
[/quote]

It was more than just those three, I'm not one to make excuses so I didn't mention the other injuries on this team. Two other lineman were also out due to injury, they were both standing on the sidelines...one has a broken wrist!!! And it showed in our lack of a running game!!!

Guest Kvillecatz
[quote name="Kvillecats" post="826491" timestamp="1282081673"]
I seen Vidor and Orangefield scrimmage........Kirbyville wins BIG!!!!
[/quote]
;)

Guest Kvillecatz
[quote name="dockofthebay" post="826612" timestamp="1282095203"]
I seen K-ville scrimmage Silsbee..........Vidor wins BIG!!! ;)
[/quote]

>:(

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="827368" timestamp="1282244275"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=71632.msg827055#msg827055 date=1282179623]
[/quote] 35-0 my prediction.
[/quote]

come onnnnnn man...Why you want to make outrageous predictions like that...Iv'e probably been a Wildcat fan longer than you been alive... ;) Don't you think Vidor knows what this game means to them...use a little judgement and common sense...Vidor's not gonna say OMG IT'S KIRBYVILLE !!!,and just lay down...Think about it.. ;)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="827376" timestamp="1282245311"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=71632.msg827368#msg827368 date=1282244275]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=71632.msg827055#msg827055 date=1282179623]
[/quote] 35-0 my prediction.
[/quote]

come onnnnnn man...Why you want to make outrageous predictions like that...Iv'e probably been a Wildcat fan longer than you been alive... ;) Don't you think Vidor knows what this game means to them...use a little judgement and common sense...Vidor's not gonna say OMG IT'S KIRBYVILLE !!!,and just lay down...Think about it.. ;)
[/quote] Ok 35-13...its that better?  :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami