Is It Time For A New Chief In PNG Country?

Guest Indian Chief

Guest Indian Chief

I was just curious what other PNG fans and other fans thought of this? I love Coach Burnett and he has done a terrific job through the years. But there comes a time when things change and we have to move on with those changes. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on a fresh start for the Tribe?

Guest Cherokee Nation

I tend to agree. PN-G will not overwhelm anyone with their talent level, but Burnett has them competetive every year. Our team always seems to be in position to make plays. I think he does a good job year in and year out.

I tend to agree. PN-G will not overwhelm anyone with their talent level' date=' but Burnett has them competetive every year. Our team always seems to be in position to make plays. I think he does a good job year in and year out.[/quote']

BURNETT does not need to call offensive plays! RUN, RUN, PASS, PUNT has to be getting old for the Indian Faithful! They have what is going to be a very good QB, if BURNETT would get a good offensive coordinator and let him run the offense PNG would be better. BURNETT is a good defensive coach he running all the time until the last minute of a football game and on 3rd down is hard on a young QB. If they throw the ball more it would also open up their running game.

I understand. We love coach Burnett. No bashing here at al' date=' just wanting some comments.[/quote']

If you love him then delete all these posts. Do you really think you are helping PNG by posting that here. as to your earlier question of "why" PNG would be crazy to let go of Coach Burnett. Here is my answer. You already have a PROVEN winner who is going to work his tail off to win games for you. If you think that the offense is bad then maybe it is. But I would bet that the coaches are trying to change that right now. WHy didn't you post this after you beat Ozen? You guys were 3-1 and thought you had an inside track on district then. Now you lose 2 games and you are ready to can the coach. C'mon man that is crazy talk and you know it.

Guest Indian Chief

All i'm saying is a fresh start is not always a bad thing. Look at LCM. Alot of PNG faithful don't have a problem with that. Burnett will always be with PNG in some form or fashion.

Jeez man cmon...give this guy a break. Do you know how much he has done for pn-g and you pay him back by starting a thread like this. Have you ever considered its not the coaches fault?? O wait i forget the kids are perfect and never make mistakes. If they fumble then its the coaches fault or a bad call on his part *sarcasm*. Have you ever considered that they may not have the talent this year that they have had in the past? I'm sure the coaches at pn-g bust there butt to prepare for every game. Give the man his well deserved respect...you atleast owe him that.

Guest Indian Chief

We love Coach Burnett and all the Coaches at PNG. :D This is not what the Thread is about (coach bashing). I was wanting some opinions from PNG folks on this. Coach B has done a great job and will always be wanted here. I'm just saying a fresh start sometimes is good. LCM for example.

Guest Indian Chief

Williams had some good years but nothing the last several years. 90% of people at LCM loved Williams but also agreed it was time for a fresh start. Look at them now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed