Txprepsfootball.com 4A Preseason Poll

I'd like to know how the folks decide which player gets elected all-state.Not that they don't do a good job but here's an example:Angleton kicker Shawn Rodriquez all-state junior goes 55 pat's( 3 miss pat's )4 fg's of 15-21-36-43=(67 points) vs.Dayton 2nd team all-dist 19-4a(freshman) kicker Juan Carranco goes 60 pat's 8 fg's 25-27-30-32-35-37-43-44 (84 points) and doesn't even make a honorable mention all-state team ::)

Guest octfeb
[quote name="liltex" post="823970" timestamp="1281352888"]
I'd like to know how the folks decide which player gets elected all-state.Not that they don't do a good job but here's an example:Angleton kicker Shawn Rodriquez all-state junior goes 55 pat's( 3 miss pat's )4 fg's of 15-21-36-43=(67 points) vs.Dayton 2nd team all-dist 19-4a(freshman) kicker Juan Carranco goes 60 pat's 8 fg's 25-27-30-32-35-37-43-44 (84 points) and doesn't even make a honorable mention all-state team ::)
[/quote] Maybe because he was freshman last year ??? *shrugs* All I know is he is very good at what he does. Never misses.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="826146" timestamp="1282001529"]
Not seeing FW Left Tackle Ben Compton or QB Peter Maetzold is also an oversight. Remember those two names. Peter clearly outshone the UH committ from Houston Lamar in our scrimmage.
[/quote]

Told yall to remember Compton - verballed to Texas A&M this week, switching from Rice. Totally dominant in our two scrimmages.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE SCRIMMAGE AGAINST ALVIN?  I THOUGHT THEY LOOKED OK BUT IM CONCERNED ABOUT THE SECONDARY.  LOOKED LIKE ALOT OF HOLES TO ME. FG TEAM ALSO STRUGGLED BUT IM SURE THAT WILL BE IRONED OUT.  BACKUP QB LOOKED GOOD WHAT YEAR IS HE?  OH AND JONATHAN JOHNSON LOOKS UNSTOPPABLE!

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE SCRIMMAGE AGAINST ALVIN?  I THOUGHT THEY LOOKED OK BUT IM CONCERNED ABOUT THE SECONDARY.  LOOKED LIKE ALOT OF HOLES TO ME. FG TEAM ALSO STRUGGLED BUT IM SURE THAT WILL BE IRONED OUT.  BACKUP QB LOOKED GOOD WHAT YEAR IS HE?  OH AND JONATHAN JOHNSON LOOKS UNSTOPPABLE!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn