19 4A

[quote name="dayton" post="823194" timestamp="1281038549"]
What is the word on this district? Don't hear much.
I believe this could be a FUN district race to watch.
You Basketball GURU'S help me out ;D ;D
[/quote]

I think BH takes it if everyone's healthy, but Dayton will be very competitive this year.  My very early prediction is:
1. BH  (slight rebuilding year and new coach, but could finish out better than last year)
2. Dayton (returns a solid core and very good defensive team)
3. GCM (no big stars, but play well together as a team and pretty well coached)
4. North Forest (returns District Offensive MVP, but hey, its North Forest...who knows what they will show up with?)

Long shots: CE King, Crosby
No-shots:  Lee, Galena Park

Nice to talk a little basketball in August!

• 1 month later...
Got tired of the Football Thread...getting old...I saw this and I had to ask Hill why he has Dayton rated so high. I would think that Crosby and all those athletes would be rated higher and Coach Chancellor is now there. I agree with The Hill #1 but I don't see anyone even close, the battle is for second. Ok back to football..... starting to have withdrawals.. ;D

[quote name="Charger Fan" post="854180" timestamp="1285248459"]
Got tired of the Football Thread...getting old...I saw this and I had to ask Hill why he has Dayton rated so high. I would think that Crosby and all those athletes would be rated higher and Coach Chancellor is now there. I agree with The Hill #1 but I don't see anyone even close, the battle is for second. Ok back to football..... starting to have withdrawals.. ;D
[/quote]

Well...just like I said, I think Dayton brings back a good core of players and they always play extremely well defensively.  Enough to keep them in a game anyway.  Not sure how real this stat is (MaxPreps), but they averaged over 20 steals per game as team.  Last year they were well disciplined and coached and played hard buzzer to buzzer.  Don't see that changing this year.  Junior Etling should be the standout player.

I just don't see "all those athletes" at Crosby.  They have a very good Soph (Godfrey), but just don't think she will be able to carry the load.  Coach Chancellor does bring big improvement on the coaching side, but again, just don't think its enough.  Give him some time to develop success at the lower levels and Crosby may start to contend.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83