• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Gasilla" post="834410" timestamp="1283113314"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71184.msg834210#msg834210 date=1283092263]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71184.msg834040#msg834040 date=1283053831]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71184.msg833851#msg833851 date=1283045324]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=71184.msg833812#msg833812 date=1283042462]
Sayin Angleton has a quality fb team and using it as a leverage tool shows ya don't know fb good as ya think.Granted you've owned Dayton but most every game 4 of 7 by 3 pts.or less.Back to why you're so high on Angleton who is 45-42 in last 10 yrs-Since 1990=95-104-2.Got no horse in this contest and don't care other than I hope no kid gets hurt.FW stands on their own record and it's been really good as has WOS.Kids will decide who gets the braggin rights but I'm pickin FW by 3 scores.
[/quote]

You just talked in circles!! So since Angleton is 45-42 in the last 10 years they are not any good. I see. I  guess the fact that they made it to the 3rd round a lost a game they should have won to Brenham who made it to the championship means they are not as good as the teams that had better records over the past 10 years. dang - they should have just told the UIL they did not deserve to be in the playoffs! Now we all know that it appears that Angleton is over ranked at 6th in the state, but I think it is safe to say they are better than most 3a teams agreed? So we think maybe we got a feel for how we stack up against a good 3a team. Appreciate the fact that you think we will win by 3 td's, but did not follow your logic.
[/quote]

...BUT  ;D you are talking about last year. He is talking about the last 10 years... what's the difference? It's all in the past. What Angleton did last year ain't gonna get them nothin this year... ;). And that #6 ranking would be better used by printing it out and using it for toilet paper. This year Angleton got pounded by a 3A team that isn't good. So you really think they give you a good idea about how you will fare against a GOOD 3A team? I am soooooo ready for Friday!
[/quote]

Thanks for playing into my trap, all the posts about how great the program is and we will win because of this and that, mean nothing. But since that is all we have to go with in the preseason, one would think the data from last year would be better than the last 10 year stuff!! Right Gassy - great name that fits the quality of posts. If you can not see the difference in that logic, well I guess we understand what level you work at!! Pounded in a scrimmage dude, we all have read the posts knowing that means nada also, right!! Eat your wheaties for Friday - you will need them. Make sure you show up now, dont back out!
[/quote]

Trap??? LOL... You know as well as I do you are just rambling. You get called on it and now it's a trap and you mean't to do it... RRRRRRRight!!! ;) Who said scrimmages don't mean anything? Not me, that's how I knew your "holy grail of football", Angleton, wasn't any good. And I'm glad you FW folk like my name. Original isn't it...  ;) One more thing, please quit trying so hard to look intelligent, the content of your posts are exposing your real intellect and I'm almost (almost) embarrassed for you.  ;D

The Wheaties comment is just stupid (how old are you again? Thirty Four years past graduation, so that would make you what? 52? Again, I'm embarrassed) and anyone who knows me knows I'm going to show up Friday. ;)
[/quote]

:D :D :D :D :D Keep on trying Gassy man! Classic deflection technique. You have been exposed. Live in the current not the past! I wonder what excuses you will have Friday nite? Looking forward to the fiction! Refs against you perhaps?

well we can say that we got beat by a team two times LARGER than us and with WORLD CLASS SPEED. if that dont work we can say we droped 5 passes in the end zone,are we can say we got flaged for holding all those 300 pound plus guys.are we can say we just got beat by a better team

Comments from Friendswood Coach Steve Van Meter on the upcoming game with WO-S.

http://friendswoodfootball.com/CoachCorner.aspx

Scouting Report vs West Orange Mustangs
West Orange is a proud tradition rich program that has been a force in high school football for years. The Stangs are led by the legendary coach Dan Ray Hooks who has led the Mustangs for almost 40 years.  This program puts great skill athletes in the Collegiate Division 1 programs year after year. The 2010 season will see much of the same. The WO Stangs are full of speed at the skill positions.
Look for this game to be a lower scoring afair then last week vs Angleton. W.O. will play a much different style of defense. They get to the ball exceptionally well and have great cover corners and fast safties.On offense , the stangs will run a spread offense that will feature a 6'3" quarterback with good speed and a great arm. His main targets will be receiver Mark Roberts and Justin Thomas. These two kids can really stretch the field.This will be another great test for us and prepare us for our upcoming district schedule.

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="833349" timestamp="1283023631"]
The fact that you have to ask is equally priceless. 
[/quote]

The fact that I want you to further demonstrate that you are a pretentious blowhard, failing at a desperate attempt to appear intelligent is what you had in mind???

Ya know, the most antagonistic LM fans didn't talk this much trash, and at the very least they had the chops to back it up. Kinda funny how it so frequently works out that way ;)

[quote name="fwstangs" post="834508" timestamp="1283121033"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71184.msg834410#msg834410 date=1283113314]
Sayin Angleton has a quality fb team and using it as a leverage tool shows ya don't know fb good as ya think.Granted you've owned Dayton but most every game 4 of 7 by 3 pts.or less.Back to why you're so high on Angleton who is 45-42 in last 10 yrs-Since 1990=95-104-2.Got no horse in this contest and don't care other than I hope no kid gets hurt.FW stands on their own record and it's been really good as has WOS.Kids will decide who gets the braggin rights but I'm pickin FW by 3 scores.
[/quote]

You just talked in circles!! So since Angleton is 45-42 in the last 10 years they are not any good. I see. I  guess the fact that they made it to the 3rd round a lost a game they should have won to Brenham who made it to the championship means they are not as good as the teams that had better records over the past 10 years. dang - they should have just told the UIL they did not deserve to be in the playoffs! Now we all know that it appears that Angleton is over ranked at 6th in the state, but I think it is safe to say they are better than most 3a teams agreed? So we think maybe we got a feel for how we stack up against a good 3a team. Appreciate the fact that you think we will win by 3 td's, but did not follow your logic.
[/quote]

...BUT  ;D you are talking about last year. He is talking about the last 10 years... what's the difference? It's all in the past. What Angleton did last year ain't gonna get them nothin this year... ;). And that #6 ranking would be better used by printing it out and using it for toilet paper. This year Angleton got pounded by a 3A team that isn't good. So you really think they give you a good idea about how you will fare against a GOOD 3A team? I am soooooo ready for Friday!
[/quote]

Thanks for playing into my trap, all the posts about how great the program is and we will win because of this and that, mean nothing. But since that is all we have to go with in the preseason, one would think the data from last year would be better than the last 10 year stuff!! Right Gassy - great name that fits the quality of posts. If you can not see the difference in that logic, well I guess we understand what level you work at!! Pounded in a scrimmage dude, we all have read the posts knowing that means nada also, right!! Eat your wheaties for Friday - you will need them. Make sure you show up now, dont back out!
[/quote]

Trap??? LOL... You know as well as I do you are just rambling. You get called on it and now it's a trap and you mean't to do it... RRRRRRRight!!! ;) Who said scrimmages don't mean anything? Not me, that's how I knew your "holy grail of football", Angleton, wasn't any good. And I'm glad you FW folk like my name. Original isn't it...  ;) One more thing, please quit trying so hard to look intelligent, the content of your posts are exposing your real intellect and I'm almost (almost) embarrassed for you.  ;D

The Wheaties comment is just stupid (how old are you again? Thirty Four years past graduation, so that would make you what? 52? Again, I'm embarrassed) and anyone who knows me knows I'm going to show up Friday. ;)
[/quote]

:D :D :D :D :D Keep on trying Gassy man! Classic deflection technique. You have been exposed. Live in the current not the past! I wonder what excuses you will have Friday nite? Looking forward to the fiction! Refs against you perhaps?
[/quote]

I am living in the present... trying to get you to. Did you or did you not try to compare Angleton to us and other teams in this area based on what they have done in the past? Did you or did you not mention what you have done to Dayton and Central and Nederland in the past to try and justify why you believe you will win big against us? Or to try and use them to convince us that we have no idea what we are about to run into? Thought so! I used examples of what they have done this year, didn't I? Thought so! I have merely tried, in vain obviously, to counsel you in the err of your ways. Obviously, you are too dense to accept the lesson. I will have to leave you to your own demise. And again, you are rambling.

I know you are new, but ask anyone around this site if have EVER made excuses for a WOS loss. It doesn’t happen! Why?

1. Because I don't make moronic predictions. I do have enough football sense to know that, when there are 2 talented and well coached teams that are involved, anything can happen. See, I've been there, done that. I can tell by talking to you that you, my friend, have not.

2. I give teams and their communities the respect they deserve when it's time to do so. One thing I cannot stand is for people to make excuses in defeat.

YOU on the other hand, I've been told, are nothing but excuses. Hopefully, I will get to hear a few. ;D ;)

[quote name="Football Fan 50" post="834566" timestamp="1283126245"]
Comments from Friendswood Coach Steve Van Meter on the upcoming game with WO-S.

http://friendswoodfootball.com/CoachCorner.aspx

Scouting Report vs West Orange Mustangs
West Orange is a proud tradition rich program that has been a force in high school football for years. The Stangs are led by the legendary coach Dan Ray Hooks who has led the Mustangs for almost 40 years.  This program puts great skill athletes in the Collegiate Division 1 programs year after year. The 2010 season will see much of the same. The WO Stangs are full of speed at the skill positions.
Look for this game to be a lower scoring afair then last week vs Angleton. W.O. will play a much different style of defense. They get to the ball exceptionally well and have great cover corners and fast safties.On offense , the stangs will run a spread offense that will feature a 6'3" quarterback with good speed and a great arm. His main targets will be receiver Mark Roberts and Justin Thomas. These two kids can really stretch the field.This will be another great test for us and prepare us for our upcoming district schedule.

[/quote] Van Meter respects WO-S without a doubt.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="834613" timestamp="1283131227"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71184.msg834508#msg834508 date=1283121033]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71184.msg834410#msg834410 date=1283113314]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Trap??? LOL... You know as well as I do you are just rambling. You get called on it and now it's a trap and you mean't to do it... RRRRRRRight!!! ;) Who said scrimmages don't mean anything? Not me, that's how I knew your "holy grail of football", Angleton, wasn't any good. And I'm glad you FW folk like my name. Original isn't it...  ;) One more thing, please quit trying so hard to look intelligent, the content of your posts are exposing your real intellect and I'm almost (almost) embarrassed for you.  ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am living in the present... trying to get you to. Did you or did you not try to compare Angleton to us and other teams in this area based on what they have done in the past? Did you or did you not mention what you have done to Dayton and Central and Nederland in the past to try and justify why you believe you will win big against us? Or to try and use them to convince us that we have no idea what we are about to run into? Thought so! I used examples of what they have done this year, didn't I? Thought so! I have merely tried, in vain obviously, to counsel you in the err of your ways. Obviously, you are too dense to accept the lesson. I will have to leave you to your own demise. And again, you are rambling.

I know you are new, but ask anyone around this site if have EVER made excuses for a WOS loss. It doesn’t happen! Why?

1. Because I don't make moronic predictions. I do have enough football sense to know that, when there are 2 talented and well coached teams that are involved, anything can happen. See, I've been there, done that. I can tell by talking to you that you, my friend, have not.

2. I give teams and their communities the respect they deserve when it's time to do so. One thing I cannot stand is for people to make excuses in defeat.

YOU on the other hand, I've been told, are nothing but excuses. Hopefully, I will get to hear a few. ;D ;)

[/quote]

I have run my course with you. If you had read all the posts you would clearly see that we said - glad Friendswood scheduled this game against a very good 3a program. I have not made any bold brash predictions - simply stated that I think my team will win! I also posted that of course we both think our communities and schools are the best, we are both proud of them. So yes we actually agree on these things and I already posted thest points. Please tell me why you think I will make excuses? When have I made excuses? You sir need to get your data correct. PS - you are the one who posted the historical records, not me!! See ya there - will look you up. I will be wearing a white FW mustang hat with a blue friendswood shirt!!
i think you keep confusing poster dude, get an energy drink and focus!

[quote name="BIG HOUSE" post="834620" timestamp="1283131448"]
FW-40
WO-S-18[size=18pt][/size]
[/quote]

Sir - you will earn the wrath of the Gassy one. You are on here making moronic predictions. How dare you. WOS is not getting any respect. We have won over 95 ball games in the last 10 years so we will win this game. I hear you make excuses! I hear you are new to this web site and should know WOS is fast and we never make excuses. Especially me the perfect Gassy!!

[quote name="skipper" post="834528" timestamp="1283122536"]
well we can say that we got beat by a team two times LARGER than us and with WORLD CLASS SPEED. if that dont work we can say we droped 5 passes in the end zone,are we can say we got flaged for holding all those 300 pound plus guys.are we can say we just got beat by a better team
[/quote]

You have not been paying attention to Gassy - WOS has the world class speed! FW is expecting a very good very tough game. Seems the chain yankers do not like having their chains yanked - which we have been doing a lot of!!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="834760" timestamp="1283140424"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=71184.msg834528#msg834528 date=1283122536]
[/quote]

You have not been paying attention to Gassy - WOS has the world class speed! FW is expecting a very good very tough game. Seems the chain yankers do not like having their chains yanked - which we have been doing a lot of!!
[/quote]

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE go find a post where I made mention of our world class speed... Please! You are such a moron you don't even know who said what... LOL Why do you have your panties in such a wad? Did I wub you wittle feewings the wrong way? :P

Oh and nice move going back and deleting your post where you predicted a FW victory by "21 points I think" is I believe how you worded it. That is soooooooooooooo lame, dude. Your argument and smack is so weak that your are resorting to covering your tracks. NICE!!!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="834757" timestamp="1283140278"]
[quote author=BIG HOUSE link=topic=71184.msg834620#msg834620 date=1283131448]
FW-40
WO-S-18[size=18pt][/size]
[/quote]

Sir - you will earn the wrath of the Gassy one. You are on here making moronic predictions. How dare you. WOS is not getting any respect. We have won over 95 ball games in the last 10 years so we will win this game. I hear you make excuses! I hear you are new to this web site and should know WOS is fast and we never make excuses. Especially me the perfect Gassy!!
[/quote]

LOL... I could care less if people pick us to lose. I just love picking fights with, as my friend Judex put it, "pretentious blowhards" who think their poop don't stink. Who hang around websites where people don't know them trying to act intellectually and athletically astute when they really don't know squat. People who go to websites where people don't know them and try to rape the prestige of the programs they support like it gives them some sort of value, too, just because they use the name of that program as their user ID. Hey, I'm just yanking some "low hanging" chains, bro! ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* 

any other time I would say WOS could pull off the upset. But this is the wrong year to play friendswood. They have the best offense in the region so they will put up some points. I don't know if WOS can score enough against friendswood. It should be close wouldn't be surprised to see WOS lose by 21+

[quote name="Gasilla" post="834770" timestamp="1283141646"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71184.msg834760#msg834760 date=1283140424]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=71184.msg834528#msg834528 date=1283122536]
[/quote]

[/quote]

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE go find a post where I made mention of our world class speed... Please! You are such a moron you don't even know who said what... LOL Why do you have your panties in such a wad? Did I wub you wittle feewings the wrong way? :P

Oh and nice move going back and deleting your post where you predicted a FW victory by "21 points I think" is I believe how you worded it. That is soooooooooooooo lame, dude. Your argument and smack is so weak that your are resorting to covering your tracks. NICE!!!

[/quote]

You really must stop calling people names. PS I removed nothing. The post you are referring to was my joking post on the Dayton vs Nederland Scrimmage where I felt Dayton would manhandle Nederland - turns out that was accurate. Keep looking for that post where I predict a blow out. Also keep looking for those posts where I get serious and state that I am glad our coach scheduled this game vs a very find WOS program.

I guess I should call you a moron for not doing your homework and realizing my 21 I think posting was about a different game, but I am not like that! Ps did you see the several posts where I say it will be a good game. Come on dude do not take this chain yanking so serious!!

fwstangs
Junior

Re: Nederland at Dayton Tonight- What can we expect?
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 09:18:36 AM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dayton will manhandle Nederland. Should outscore  by 3 TD's. I think?? 

Report to moderator    206.180.156.253 

[quote name="skipper" post="834886" timestamp="1283176360"]
IF WO-S gets beat its not the first time are the last,life must go on.we will be scouting this game two good programs getting after it we are looking for a good game from both teams
[/quote]

Same here - believe me we know humility after facing Lake Travis!!

The 39 Opponents That Have Never Won vs. WO-S
(0-20-0) Bridge City
(0-9-0) Beaumont-Charlton-Pollard
(0-8-0) Lumberton
(0-6-0) Newton, Hamshire-Fannett, Hardin-Jefferson, Orangefield
(0-4-0) Houston Worthing
(0-3-0) Dayton, Kirbyville, West Columbia
(0-2-0) Anahuac, Brookshire Royal, Lamar Consolidated, Willis, Houston Smiley, Kerrville Tivy, Aldine Nimitz, Beaumont South Park, Houston Stratford, Houston Sterling
(0-1-0) Liberty, Caldwell, Palestine, Corpus Christi Calallen, [b]Friendswood[/b], Magnolia, Brownsboro, Henderson, New Caney, Tomball, Katy Mayde Creek, Crosby, Rockwall, Wharton, McKinney, New Braunfels, Brenham, Dickinson

2000 Result: Def. Friendswood 27-10. Make it 0-2-0 after Friday, Sept 3rd. WO-S wins by 6, 30-24. There will be more points scored in this affair. :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83