Aguilar Leaving HF

Guest baseball25
I saw the teaching field that is open for this position on tabc, going to be tough to get a good coach this late with the teaching field.

I'm sure this job in Louisiana is a good opportunity. However, I don't understand why you leave a team with the talent HF is bringing back. It can be argued the HF pg is one of the best in the area and I heard they were getting a transfer just as good if not better.

[quote name="Cedar Creek" post="819112" timestamp="1279587916"]
I'm sure this job in Louisiana is a good opportunity. However, I don't understand why you leave a team with the talent HF is bringing back. It can be argued the HF pg is one of the best in the area and I heard they were getting a transfer just as good if not better.
[/quote]Sometimes a coach has to decide whether to coach a talented team making less money or coaching a talented team making more money.

Coach Aguilar did a great job at Hamshire.....  He FOUGHT hard for the girls basketball program and was met with alot of resistance from the powers that be...  I wish him well in his future endeavors...

Getting a quality replacement is going to be tough on July 20th....

[quote name="hjhawks" post="819151" timestamp="1279605464"]
Coach Aguilar did a great job at Hamshire.....  He FOUGHT hard for the girls basketball program and was met with alot of resistance from the powers that be...  I wish him well in his future endeavors...

Getting a quality replacement is going to be tough on July 20th....
[/quote]Hmmm? If this is the case, I would like to hear more because it's almost time for mine to enter high school.I'd like to know whats going on out there 8)

[quote name="sleepy" post="819251" timestamp="1279647475"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=71029.msg818634#msg818634 date=1279327122]
Hopefully we can get a former star from HJ to run the program @ HF. She's at BISD right now.

[/quote]

Dream on.  She is not coming there!
[/quote] Its a shame when pple wake you up from a nice and pleasant dream.  :D

[quote name="Cedar Creek" post="819112" timestamp="1279587916"]
[/quote]

Better than HF's point? That would be hard pressed to find in this area, but if so, could be a very dangerous team next year.

[quote name="Rizon" post="819284" timestamp="1279658760"]
[quote author=Cedar Creek link=topic=71029.msg819112#msg819112 date=1279587916]
[/quote]

Better than HF's point? That would be hard pressed to find in this area, but if so, could be a very dangerous team next year.
[/quote]

There is always the rumor of great transfers...rarely is it actually true  ;D

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="fiveoclocksomewhere" post="821809" timestamp="1280426970"]
There is a player transferring from Lumberton Middle School and will be a Freshman at HF. She is a solid guard, but I would not use the word great yet.(Gotta earn that title.) Her dad is not happy with the Lumberton program.   
Anyone know who the new HF coach will be?
[/quote] The dad is probably transferring the student to HF because of it's academic reputation and athletics second.

[quote name="fiveoclocksomewhere" post="821809" timestamp="1280426970"]
There is a player transferring from Lumberton Middle School and will be a Freshman at HF. She is a solid guard, but I would not use the word great yet.(Gotta earn that title.) Her dad is not happy with the Lumberton program.   
[/quote]
No official selection has been announced yet.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="821843" timestamp="1280430600"]
[quote author=fiveoclocksomewhere link=topic=71029.msg821809#msg821809 date=1280426970]
[/quote] The dad is probably transferring the student to HF because of it's academic reputation and athletics second.
[/quote]
I am just saying what he told me. Didn't mention academics. But HF is a terrific district.

Guest baseball25
I don't know if this is true but I heard james Knowles is the new head coach, could be totally wrong here but thats what i heard.

[quote name="baseball25" post="822160" timestamp="1280531155"]
I don't know if this is true but I heard james Knowles is the new head coach, could be totally wrong here but thats what i heard.
[/quote]You better tell Kelly. He is suppose to be checking in for work Monday @ Kelly.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont