Looking Back Over The Years And Your Team

[quote name="skipper" post="814841" timestamp="1277650748"]
how many times has your team been down with a min to play and came back to win, against who
[/quote]

Well, skipper there are two times for WO-S that standout for me (and you probably remember them, too)...first of all in 2000 in the state semis against Calallen in what I believe is the only time I saw WO-S ever execute a two minute drill.

The other one that I remember was against Nederland...in the early 90's when Dedmon Lee hit Sheldon Smith on the dead run.  I still don't understand why Nederland didn't have more people drop back.

I remember freshman kicker Emmanuel Torres kicked a field goal as time expired against Clear Creek I believe to win, this was about 3 years ago.

Some of the better last second wins were against North Shore in 2000 to squeeze into the playoffs and Kingwood the next year to squeeze into the playoffs again.

Well I have 3..

The 2003 Team that Came back to beat Pflgrville Connally in the 2nd round..

The 2008 Team that came back in the last Min to Beat Angelton in the 3rd round..

And last Year.

The 2009 Team that came back from two Scores in the last 2min to beat Huntsville

WOSgrad, those were some super games that will stick out in the history books at wo-s. cant remember the year but we were behind in the playoffs agnest jasper, and i belive our OC at the time was berry norton  not sure about it. he called a middle screen to adrean steen and we won with  with very little time left it was a outstanding call.    PS two all of you that have posted on this  thanks

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="815061" timestamp="1277755114"]
2009 PN-G vs. Central (25-22 PN-G, 2 OT)

2009 PN-G vs. Texas City (22-16 PN-G, OT)

2009 PN-G vs. Barbers Hill I (21-20 PN-G)

2008 PN-G vs. Crosby (28-27 PN-G)
[/quote]
The Central game is the only one in which PNG was down inside a minute and came back to win. The others were the opposite. PNG was up and held on to win. Crosby was a second half push to take the lead, but not a score within a minute.

The one that stands out the most outside of the Central game is that 1999 victory over Schertz Clemens at Kyle Field. RC Slocum said that series made him a D. Long believer and he offered shortly after.

[quote name="skipper" post="814871" timestamp="1277667420"]
WOSgrad, those were some super games that will stick out in the history books at wo-s. cant remember the year but we were behind in the playoffs agnest jasper, and i belive our OC at the time was berry norton  not sure about it. he called a middle screen to adrean steen and we won with  with very little time left it was a outstanding call.    PS two all of you that have posted on this  thanks
[/quote]

Your a little off on timeline Skipper. Barry Norton was my OC during the late 90's. Adrian Steen was a running back in 87 I believe. Im not sure of ever being behind of Jasper in a playoff, but many in regular season.

[quote name="badndn" post="815065" timestamp="1277755918"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=70734.msg815061#msg815061 date=1277755114]

[/quote]
The Central game is the only one in which PNG was down inside a minute and came back to win. The others were the opposite. PNG was up and held on to win. Crosby was a second half push to take the lead, but not a score within a minute.

The one that stands out the most outside of the Central game is that 1999 victory over Schertz Clemens at Kyle Field. RC Slocum said that series made him a D. Long believer and he offered shortly after.
[/quote]

I seem to remember our last touchdown at the Crosby game coming at the very last second. As for Texas City, we may not have been behind in the last minute of the game, but we weren't ahead, either, and I believe that Barbers Hill was ahead until we made the final touchdown of the game and scored with the PAT, although that may not have been in the last minute of the game.

Then again, I could be wrong. That was a while back and I tend to catch the last few minutes of each game intermittently due to certain responsibilities I have to the band.

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="815207" timestamp="1277829018"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=70734.msg815065#msg815065 date=1277755918]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=70734.msg815061#msg815061 date=1277755114]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I seem to remember our last touchdown at the Crosby game coming at the very last second. As for Texas City, we may not have been behind in the last minute of the game, but we weren't ahead, either, and I believe that Barbers Hill was ahead until we made the final touchdown of the game and scored with the PAT, although that may not have been in the last minute of the game.

Then again, I could be wrong. That was a while back and I tend to catch the last few minutes of each game intermittently due to certain responsibilities I have to the band.
[/quote]
Barbers Hill tied the game at 14 in the 3rd Q and PNG scored early in the 4th to take a 21-14 lead. BH scored about halfway through the 4th Q, but missed the XP. Our boys held on late on defense to get the W.
TC actually scored with about 30 seconds left, then converted the 2 pts to tie that game. We won it in OT.
Against Crosby two years ago PNG scored 21 pts in a 3 minute span at the begining of the 4th to take the lead 28-21. Actually Crosby scored inside of a minute, but missed the XP to tie it.

All exciting games and PNG wins, but none were actual come from behind victories for PNG in the last minute. WOW...We have had some real heart thumpers the past two years. Include the Central and Brehnam games as well as the LCM game and the allways exciting Nederland game and it has been a crazy time!

[quote name="Lightning/Eagle" post="815252" timestamp="1277838890"]
Neither is my team but I saw a playoff game between Brenham and LaMarque around 2005. I believe both team scored twice in the last two minutes and Lamarque was close to scoring a third time as time expired. That game was played in Katy and was flat out fun to watch.
[/quote]

One of the most exciting games i've ever seen.  I'm just glad our defense held them off. 

[quote name="D3zii" post="814868" timestamp="1277666807"]
Well I have 3..

The 2008 Team that came back in the last Min to Beat Angelton in the 3rd round..

And last Year.

The 2009 Team that came back from two Scores in the last 2min to beat Huntsville
[/quote]I couldn't dissagree here.  All three of these games almost gave me heart problems.  Especially that 2003 team.  We didn't throw a pass the whole game.  Just so happen that the last 3 plays were pass plays that covered over 80 yards within the last minute. 
The 2009 team that beat Huntsville was so exciting, it had me jumping around with our players.  They didn't know how to quit that game!

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="815061" timestamp="1277755114"]
[b]2009 PN-G vs. Central (25-22 PN-G, 2 OT)[/b]

[/quote]Much to our displeasure.  ;D ;D

[quote name="kicker" post="815192" timestamp="1277823704"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=70734.msg814871#msg814871 date=1277667420]
[/quote]

Your a little off on timeline Skipper. Barry Norton was my OC during the late 90's. Adrian Steen was a running back in 87 I believe. Im not sure of ever being behind of Jasper in a playoff, but many in regular season.
[/quote]

I believe it was in 87 but it wasn't a middle screen it was a guard around call that was the play that was the great call.  I thought they scored on the guard around, but perhaps he was chased down and scored later on a middle screen.  Tough loss for the Dogs that night.

that was a tuff one to lose i AGREE.that game was one of the (MOST EXCITING) games that the fans from both side saw in a long time , two very good teams getting after it. and on a closeing note the hitting that night was super ,both teams relly got after it and i do agree it was a good call by the OC who ever he was

[quote name="D3zii" post="814868" timestamp="1277666807"]
Well I have 3..

And last Year.

[/quote]Don't forget that comeback in Vidor, thanx too Brandon Williams

[quote name="skipper" post="815220" timestamp="1277831472"]
thanks kicker yes it was off way off see this is what happens when you get as old as me.oh and by the way the picture your dad has in his office what year was that taken
[/quote]

I believe that was the '97 game against Jasper when we won in the last second. ;D

The Lumberton and PNG game of 2008.
Lumberton was down with a lil under a min then tied the game to go to overtime and came out and won it 17-10 for the first time ever over PNG.
That was such a great game both sides were up on their feet for the last half of the game!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124